Is there anyone out there who's not cheating?

Thanks as always KD. I think the forum is great as is and has helped me stay on track. I just feel that people need to consider those who are staying on the straight and narrow by not mentioning/ listing everything they've eaten and drunk off plan. The snag is sometimes it depends what context it's in so it's a difficult one.

It probably was just a wave of negitave posts all at once , which people are entitled to of course. I can only talk for me, but take today when I've had a tough day and am getting through it, i log on to here which is my main support system to be faced with threads and posts that all seemed so negative. It didn't feel like that a few weeks ago which is why i raised the issue. you say it's a thread thats been done over and over and goes around and around so I'll leave it there.

Thanks again and hopefully people will let you know what they want. I still adore this forum and the support has been brilliant. What you put in you get out xxx

The snag is sometimes it depends what context it's in so it's a difficult one.

Oh yes, which is one of the reasons that we really need clarification as to what the members want from this forum.

I know the thread turned unintionally, but only because this subject has come up so many times before, and I'm still waiting to find out what people really want on the 100%

You sleep well. I'll post another thread and see if I can get more clarification from other members here on that one :hug99:

Sbridge and Eyeontheprize, I totally agree with you, you said it better than I could. I just feel everyone should be able to express their feelings, thats what the forum is for, without worrying about being too negative, and as FFBT said, she deliberately didnt read threads about cheating etc as she was having a low day, that seems like a good way of dealing with those bad days.

Not read all the replies but I'm not cheating.I did LL 2 years ago and did really well until it came to Xmas and I had a planned break for 3 days...I got back to SS but never 100% from then on, lasted another 6 weeks and gave up.So I have learned my lesson and WILL NOT CHEAT this time :)

hi I haven't cheated but I'm only on day two! This forums great I read the 100% one because I don't want to feel like I may stray when I've only just started. When I was tempted yesterday I just imagine myself picking out a size 10 pair of jeans!

Remember, no food tastes as good as thin feels! X

Good Morning all!

I am in day 4 (whoop whoop) and for me this forum is a place to come and get support and read other people's thoughts and stories.
It has given me strengh, as people don't talk about the actual food they 'blipped' with.

I have tried not to read the CD forum, as I need to keep up my will power and try not to think about food.

For me, I am quite happy supporting people through a bad time on this diet as I am sure I will go through it too. I suppose I find it hard to read stuff where people have 'blipped' and listed what they had, and said they got away with it.

Therefore for me - the 100% forum can be about anything, including getting support for an 'unplanned' blip - as long as it is a one off!!. I think the main CD forum should be a place for people to talk about blip after blip!

I just thought I would share my thoughts, and how the 100% forum has got me to day 4!

Bx

Thankyou for your thoughts Lady B:) and well done for getting to day 4 :clap:

Therefore for me - the 100% forum can be about anything, including getting support for an 'unplanned' blip - as long as it is a one off!!.

So, if someone happens to have two blips over the course of the journey (sometimes going into months and months of the diet), they can use the main forum for the 2nd one, though the 100% for the first?

So, we would need to check the past history of every member ;)

And just say 40/50 people have one off blips and post in the 100% forum. Where do those that only want to read non blipping messages go if they need to get away from it?

So a forum for many blips
Another for one off blips
Another for no blips?

I think the main CD forum should be a place for people to talk about blip after blip!

As it is, the main forum is exactly that. The main one for everyone doing CD. 100%ers etc. So would this exclude people who were 100%, one off blippers?

See how complicated it could get?

Thankyou again for your message though. It's good to hear others thoughts so we can find a way to keep as many happy as possible :)

I have found this a very difficult thread to read. :sigh:

I did LL last year and lost 2 st until i broke my wrist and had to come off it. I thought i would try CD ss+ but i have found that difficult because once you come off SS in whatever way it is very very hard to get back on it 100%.

I have struggled this time round and have said so in the Shrinklies support thread. I feel i may now find it difficult to be open and honest now because i do not want to ruin someone else's journey and/or face criticism directly or indirectly.

Our support thread is in CD 100%, i do not think you can be criticised for mentioning food in your own support group. It may need moving to the general CD forum.

I know i have been guilty for regular blipping, and its effect on my weight loss is plain for all to see.

I still find CD ss+ more helpful to me than not making any effort at all to lose weight or using a plan like WW etc.

I know what Sunshine meant by stating this thread but I feel a little :sigh: now.

Our support thread is in CD 100%, i do not think you can be criticised for mentioning food in your own support group.

It's not criticism.

Really does depend where the 'support' group is.

It may need moving to the general CD forum.

Yes, it may do. I'm holding off for the moment until we find out exactly what people want from the 100% forum.

I know what Sunshine meant by stating this thread but I feel a little :sigh: now.

That's a shame, but if we can find out in what way they want the 100% forum to be different from the main one, then it should avoid 'problems' like this :)

Please help us by replying on this thread

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-100-forum/96742-people-who-post-cd-100-forum-please-read.html

KD, i think a secondary discussion is to ask what is supposed to be achieved by having the support groups and what are they meant to achieve for each of us. I suspect we have differing interpretations as to what their purpose is.

KD, i think a secondary discussion is to ask what is supposed to be achieved by having the support groups and what are they meant to achieve for each of us. I suspect we have differing interpretations as to what their purpose is.

That is why I did the post asking people what makes this forum different to the main forum

If people want it to be the same. Then we can merge the two forums.

KD - Thanks for getting back to me!

I was trying to be careful with my lauguage, and trying not to offend anyone!

So - I will try to be clearer!

100% forum - I understand that people 'blip' and for me getting support from people you grow to know and trust isn't a problem. However, if someone is 'blipping' every other day and talking about it here - then this would effect my motivation especially if they are talking about what they ate!
So if you have a couple of 'blips' over the course of your diet - fine on the 100%. If you are doing it day in day out - use the main one instead for support. But it may be easier to keep the whole 100% away from talking about 'blips'. But for me, I will be happy to help people who have supported me, and if they 'blip' then fine and I would so my best to support them through this.

main CD forum - as I said before for everyone. This includes 100%, people who are 'blipping' on a regular basis - anything

And no - I don't think you should have to look at the history of everyone!! People can easily highlight to you if people abuse this!!

KD - I have just read your recent post - and to be clear, I don't want the two forums merged - the main CD forum is way to dangerous for me at the moment cause I don't want to know how to cheat etc!!

Bx

KD - I have just read your recent post - and to be clear, I don't want the two forums merged - the main CD forum is way to dangerous for me at the moment cause I don't want to know how to cheat etc!!

Bx

You could avoid those threads. They aren't that common. Mainly 100% or occasional blippers on there :confused:

You could avoid those threads. They aren't that common. Mainly 100% or occasional blippers on there :confused:

I did read one about eggs yesterday....

I think we are mis-communicating a little, and maybe not getting to the bottom of what each other is trying to say.

You did ask what we wanted, and I offered my thoughts, so please use them as you see fit.

I going to leave it here, as I don't want to get over emotional today!

Back