Is there anyone out there who's not cheating?

defo lex. In an ideal world we would all find the diet easy and lose 5 lbs a week but it doesn't work quite like that unfortunately! I haven't cheated per se since the awful sandwich mentioned above but the closer I get to the finish line the more I really need to motivate myself to keep going as it's all worth it in the end. I was sorely tempted by some ham in the fridge today. Had to go out for a walk to get it out of my head!

I totally agree. I have stayed away from this forum deliberatley today as i find it a struggle and very demotivating when people talk about how theyve cheated almost every day.
This is a really difficult one and comes up time and time again...and the thread will go round and around in circles :sigh:

People blip. This happens. Sometimes we go through phases where loads of people seem to be 'blipping'. And when people talk about it, others join in.

Of course, they should be able to. Sometimes people find the diet easier than others. They should be able to come on here and know there's a friendly shoulder to cry on and all that.

But! It can be frustrating for those trying to stay 100% and keep finding threads by others mentioning foods off plan, along with replies telling them it's okay..they wont come out of ketosis, they'll lose any gain quickly etc. It can be demotivating when you are tackling your own demons.

The answer to the problem...well maybe

When this happened before, it was eventually decided that we needed two extra forums. One for people doing SS, who could guarantee a forum where no food was mentioned. Just so they could get some respite. (Strictly SS forum)

The other forum was for posts from others doing other CD plans. Again, no off plan food mentioned. No cheats mentioned etc. Just positive messages. Again, another place to go to get some respite ;) (100% forum)

Perfect eh?

Well...no.

Because people don't want to use that forum as intended for some reason. Nobody ever reports cheat messages on there despite the rules shown at the top, and me asking them to.

As far as I'm concerned, it's your forum and if people want it to go the same as the main forum, then who am I to argue...even though I have tried on numerous occasions :D

So, you members chose. The main forum is for anything and everything. The 100% forum is for no cheat messages. If you want it that way, let me know.

Oh and BTW, it's impossible for me to read every message on there, including now the appearance of diaries there and certainly a complete waste of time if people prefer the 100% board to be the same as the main forum anyway.

Sorry Isis! I'm guilty of dropping the f bomb too! Durr

Hi everyone
I would just like to add to this thread, I know I dont have much ground to stand on as I have only just started the diet, however when I first looked at this forum I found it motivational and if you like a way of getting away from food and concentrating on the diet. I wanted to use this forum as a way of gathering lots of positive thoughts when feeling low. I have found it very difficult today and feel that food has been thrown at me from every angle and it is hard to resist the temptation. We have all made the decision to start this diet knowing that it is not going to be easy no diet is and everyone has emotional problems related to them and their relationship with food. As a newbie I have to admit there are certain posts on here which if I wasnt strong minded would make me think well a little cheat here and there wont do me much harm, but I am not going to think like that, this diet is too hard and too expensive to throw it away for the sake of something nice.
Basically what I am saying is that we will all struggle at some point in this diet if not every day, but hearing about what other people have eaten is not going to help us. If my OH came home from work stating he'd enjoyed this that and everything else for lunch then we would end up having an argument and it is exactly the same on here except we are all doing this together so why make it harder for each other. I would just like to add that sunshine singer has offered me nothing but support and positivity since joining and I completely agree with her comments. I come on here to get away from food not to be reminded of it by hearing how others have cheated.

Exactly KD, I did post on the strictly SS forum and mentioned food without even thinking about it. Was talking about camping and mentioned "wild foods", went back and edited out the offending items but then someone had already quoted me, thus preserving it forever.

I think though this is going to be one the "have to agree to disagree" threads/topics, opinion is just so divided.

KD could there not just be a cheating thread for ppl who are struggling with that and the rest of us don't need to read it. But there might be a time I fall off the band wagon and it could be somewhere to confess- we could call it the confessional!
Tinkerbella, I agree with you completely.

KD could there not just be a cheating thread for ppl who are struggling with that and the rest of us don't need to read it. But there might be a time I fall off the band wagon and it could be somewhere to confess- we could call it the confessional!

Nope, because it wouldn't work. If people don't want to have the 100% cheat free forum kept that way, then they wont do it for the main forum either.

Besides, why have a whole separate forum that is supposed to be cheat free messages, and want another thread on the main forum to do the same thing?

I haven't ever reported anyone because i respect that it is up to them how they do their journey. I'd hate to think people couldn't express their true feelings and i'm not saying not to. It's a very supportive site and we are all going through this same journey and should pull together to motivate one another along the way x

Hi :)

I'm glad you feel that it is a very supportive site and we do all need to pull together to achieve our own individual goals.

If you are unhappy with anything though or feel that a forum you are part of on the site is not working in the manner it was intended, please let Admin and Moderators know about this.:)

We do work hard to carefully monitor the site to ensure that all our members can have the greatest support and positive experience possible and we welcome feedback at anytime to support this atmosphere.

Isis :)

I suppose so. It's just although I don't like to read about ppl cheating and the food they're eating I'm also scared I cheat in the future and might want to talk to someone about it.

Okay, so just imagine. The 100% forum with no cheat messages and the main forum with no cheat messages.

Just one thread that has them.

Can you imagine the workload if people will never report?

Every single message would have to be checked as it came in including all the diaries etc. All day, half the night. And why? Because people wont report and so we have to read everything.

If members want a place to go where it will be cheat free for that bit of space, then it's up to them to let us know if a post needs moving from it.

I know moderators work hard because I swore once and it was **** out!

How do you let moderators know if something's not right?

And yet for a couple of weeks following that message, I probably moved 20 to 30 messages and didn't receive one report!

Just found them by spending hours reading every word of every post and moving them.

Not a word from anyone.

So I guessed that people didn't actually want a 100% non cheating talk forum.

That explains it all KD and I'm off to bed. Good night everyone xxx

KD could there not just be a cheating thread for ppl who are struggling with that and the rest of us don't need to read it.

And of course, the whole of the main forum can be used for that. It's only the 100% forum that isn't....well, shouldn't be.

I suppose so. It's just although I don't like to read about ppl cheating and the food they're eating I'm also scared I cheat in the future and might want to talk to someone about it.

This is what I don't get, and I so want to.:cry: Not a go at you hun. Not at all. But what is it that I'm missing? Why isn't the main forum a good place to go if you need support after a cheat...or a confessional?

I've asked this over and over again, but nobody will give me the answer :cry:

I know moderators work hard because I swore once and it was **** out!

Teehee. It's the software that does that...thankfully, otherwise I'd have to give up the day job :D

That explains it all KD and I'm off to bed. Good night everyone xxx

Nighty night hun :hug99:

Sorry Isis! I'm guilty of dropping the f bomb too! Durr

No problem, I just agree with KD that members maybe nee to choose one way or another what is acceptable and supportive to them as it's not currently in line with what the forum heading description shows for current members or new people joining:)

Isis :)

Thank you to everyone for expressing their feelings on this thread. I've had a good read through what everyone has said.

On 100%, it doesn't mean that we can't help eachother out when we need it but we can talk about how we're feeling because of the blip or whatever. We don't need to list everything off plan that's passed our lips.

I do feel I've been slightly taken up the wrong way by a few. I was asking is there anyone on here who isn't cheating?......maybe I should have asked who is giving this their best shot?

I feel we need to remember that those of us who come on and give as much positive feedback and help as we can...doesn't mean to say that we are finding it really easy ourselves. But I and others are giving this everything we've got and also are struggling sometimes and dealing with the same issues. We too need support (and I do get that support here)and somewhere to come for inspiration etc.

I have openly said that I'm 810 and usualy if i'm posting about my day I'd refer to my meal as my 810meal so that ss'ers don't have to listen to what i actually had. I don't like a divide between the stages as we'll all be going through them one day and someone earlier made out that as I was on 810 it's easier for me than for them on SS and another explained it's different for everyone.

I could ramble on and on and as i said before there is no right or wrong, I just wanted to hear, like I did at the start of the thread, from those who have not cheated and who are trying their best.

I wasn't trying to be clever, I too just needed some support. To those who feel this is a negative thread, I feel that you too have not been supportive of me by thinking that of me.

Thank you so much to those who also took the time to say positive things about what I was trying to say.

From this, I suppose we need to take that we should help the moderators by keeping the cheats and food listings away from 100%.
However that wasn't what my initial post was, it was more to do with just so many negitive posts without regard to those that would be reading them and taking into factor that there are also people trying their very best to stay on track. Post your lows, post your highs and post for help and most of all post some positivity because if you think positivly you'll help yourself and others.

No intension to offend anyone. Anyone who's read my posts knows this of me,
Good night all and thank you again x

From this, I suppose we need to take that we should help the moderators by keeping the cheats and food listings away from 100%.

Thankyou, though it's not to help us, but to help yourselves.

However that wasn't what my initial post was, it was more to do with just so many negitive posts

And which is why we need people to report. So there is at least one forum that doesn't have the negative posts that can pull people down.

And there's always the other forum for support and to post those confessionals and when things go wrong.

No intension to offend anyone. Anyone who's read my posts knows this of me,
Good night all and thank you again x

I don't think anyone was offended. We have been through this over and over again on various threads.

You made a very valid point and one I have made myself in this forum.

I am at a loss to know what people want here, because it really does look like the majority want nothing more than just a duplicate main forum :confused:

Please folk! Tell me what you want this forum to be.

In what way do you want it to be different from the main forum?

Please let me know.

Back