Is there ANYONE participating in this forum??

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Hi there

I did LL in 2008, and this forum was a hive of activity.

For financial reasons I am doing CD now, but the CD forum is like a ghost town - there is no converstaions at all.

Is there anyone here? As LL is the same diet I thought I would post here for support if it had any activity but I am seeing posts that have had THOUSANDS of views in many cases, yet not a single reply??

So - if anyone is looking to liven up the forum, let me know! Would love to chat and insppire and motivate and be inspired and motivated.

Kinda makes me sad that one person posted asking opinions about doing LL or CD and there were over 1000 views and no one replied to her.

I have just started Lighter Life because I can buy it in Superdrug and I'm too embarrassed to go to a group! Is Cambridge cheaper? My friend at work is doing Cambridge x

Hi :) I loved LL, and I got SO much out of the group. How much do you have to lose? Hand on heart if you feel you have more than 3 stone to lose - I would strongly suggest you go to the groups - they were INVALUABLE for me, and there are ONLY people like you there - that will feel exactly the way you do. It is GREAT support. I never ever woul dhave lost 10 stone if it had not been for the support of the group and what my leader taught me.

That said, it is more expensive than CD. But maybe not at Superdrug. They both do the same thing.....the only difference is the counseling/groups where CD is one on one.

Wishing you LOADS of luck and success. If I can give you one tip = and this is something I am struggling with now - but the frist time I around, I did not cheat or break the diet once - so try your hardest not to mess around with it - it will make your journey much much MUCH easier....and faster....and you wil have a stronger result in maintaining.

Iwill get off my soapbox now - lol - but I just know how wonderful this diet can be and what it can do for you if you commit and work it. I am not giving up - my head is not in a great spaces as it was in 2008, so its harder fro me, but I am DETERMINED.

Please let me know how you get on - be nice to have someone to chat to about what we are going through.

xx

Hi. Not doing lighter life but lipotrim and just wanted to say hi as we seem to be few and far between in the vlcd boards at the mo. X

I think with the summer and all the outings/holidays people have to face, it's a tougher time to do VLCD's... Usually come Autumn/Winter people get on with getting rid of summer weight and indulgences, so the boards become a bit more active then. Still there's a few of us around, dieting in one way or another. :)

Hi :) I loved LL, and I got SO much out of the group. How much do you have to lose? Hand on heart if you feel you have more than 3 stone to lose - I would strongly suggest you go to the groups - they were INVALUABLE for me, and there are ONLY people like you there - that will feel exactly the way you do. It is GREAT support. I never ever woul dhave lost 10 stone if it had not been for the support of the group and what my leader taught me.

That said, it is more expensive than CD. But maybe not at Superdrug. They both do the same thing.....the only difference is the counseling/groups where CD is one on one.

Wishing you LOADS of luck and success. If I can give you one tip = and this is something I am struggling with now - but the frist time I around, I did not cheat or break the diet once - so try your hardest not to mess around with it - it will make your journey much much MUCH easier....and faster....and you wil have a stronger result in maintaining.

Iwill get off my soapbox now - lol - but I just know how wonderful this diet can be and what it can do for you if you commit and work it. I am not giving up - my head is not in a great spaces as it was in 2008, so its harder fro me, but I am DETERMINED.

Please let me know how you get on - be nice to have someone to chat to about what we are going through.

xx

I am a healthy weight but I would like to lose 2 stone to get down to the lower end of the healthy weight, so I don't think I will be going to a group. I used to go to Slimming World group and I didn't really enjoy that either, I prefer to just get on with it by myself and social media e.g. instagram and here (although this website has gone very quiet since they closed it and re-opened it!)

I have broken it after an IBS attack. Not sure if it's related to the products yet because sometimes this just happens anyway but my stomach was gurgling horribly the first day and I hoped it would be ok. Second day it was awful and I had to eat something after because I was so tired and weak, I needed the energy. Going to try again on Monday (usually takes a couple of days for my stomach to settle down) and see how I go.

If anyone else has IBS and has done this or tried this it would be good to hear from you! I found the day and a half I was doing this fine, but if I'm going to be stuck on the loo for hours I don't think it will work for me :(

Oh no - thats too bad. I hope it passes....no pun intended. Honestly....I know its no laughing matter. I had a lot of trouble last year, in fact had surgery and unexpectedly had half my bowel removed. So I too have to be very careful prodceeding and am hoping not to have any problems. I wonder if doing LL Lite, where you have one light meal a day might help? I am trying soul sourcing to beging but if I start to have problems will have to incorporate a small meal just to keep things ticking over comfortably.

Maybe while you get in to the routine of things you could mix your shakes with a bit of skim milk? Not sure if that would help or not.

Keep us posted!! Good luck! :)

Hey I was about back when you were doing this the first time round :) I now have 2 extra kids (5 in total) and more weight to lose than I had in the first place lol. No VLCD for me this time but I popped over to see if there were any familiar faces. Good luck BL

I have just started Lighter Life because I can buy it in Superdrug and I'm too embarrassed to go to a group! Is Cambridge cheaper? My friend at work is doing Cambridge x
I don't know the price of Cambridge but Exante is cheaper than LL. I did LL about ten years ago for a few months but it was £60 a week back then. I'm not sure what it is now. Exante is about half that especially if you take advantage of the offers which they always have on their website You only have three sachets of 200 cals a day and there is quite a wide selection. I usually have a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch and a soup or meal for supper plus 2 to 4 litres of water. It works for me especially if I drink at least 3 litres of water. Exante is ordered online. I didn't want a diet where I had to go to meetings. I record my weight changes on Minimins and it's also really good for getting motivation, support and tips.

Hello! I am on LL and would love to chat?
Hi Rachael. :)
How are you getting o with LL? I did LL in 2008 and had fantastic results - lost 10 stone. I maintained for 2 years, but sadly my like took a few pretty hard knocks and I put abut half of it back on between 2010 and 2016. So now trying to rectify that - though doing Cambridge because ti is cheaper. I would love to do LL again because I found the counseling invaluable but its out of my price range now with all their changes.

How log have you been on LL?

Hey! thanks for replying! I started on 2nd June and just lost over 5 stone - which I am obviously mega happy about! The cost did nearly put me off but I think in my mind paying that amount of money helps me stick on plan... does that make sense?! Yesterday i went swimming (thinking the exercise will help!) I really enjoyed it, so much so i set my alarm 5.30 this morning so i could get a swim in before work..... great swim but I could fall asleep on my desk now!!!

How are you finding cambridge? How does it differ?

Oh wow - well done!!! What a marvelous acheivement. I can;t wait to say that again - it feels great doesn't it!!

Lighter Life is worth every penny. If I could afford it I would do it again because the counseling is invaluable. There is so much more to losing weight and maintaining it then just reducing calories - and no other plan I have followed - and there have been a lot in my lifetime! - have ever looked at the psyhce side of things. And I certainly do understand that helps you keep on track.

Cambridge is exactly the same - but the counselers generally are not trained in CBT - they are not counselers as such. Its not hugeley cheaper - about 50-60 a week on average, but I only work Part Time so CD suits my budget better. :D

I am going to start wimming very soon. I love to swim, and when I hit my goal last time, I swam and walked to maintain. Swimming is excellant exercise - it tones everywhere.

Keep going like you are! You will be at your goal in no time!!!

Jan x

Woop woop! 2 more pounds gone, and forgotten. :D Feeling good now - being in control means I know each week I will see a loss.
I feel a kind of buzz inside. I know I am on my way again. I know I am in it to win it, and this is not one of my false starts. You know how you just KNOW something. Well I know this. This is my time.

Thats the funny thing about VLCDs - you have to be in JUST the right head space for them to be successful - right to the very alst ounce of your goal. But knowing that - knowing that goal will be met is a wonderful feeling. I am gaining in confidence, feeling stronger and stronger each day that I will get there - I will get back to my slim self and life will resume.

The past 6 years have been some of the most difficult in my life. I have got through them. If I can do that, I can do anything.

I feel such a buzz thinking about the clothes I am going to wear sooner rather than later. When I see a slim woman in a nice outfit, I no longer feel bad about myself - I feel EXCITED. Because I know I will be there again myself.

And now I have finally lost the amount that people are starting to notice. Thats nice. Little boosts along the way sure do help.

Keep on rocking this ladies - we WILL get to our goals. We CAN do this. Its mind over matter - just keep your heads down and power through!!! We got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :p;):p:D:)

Hey I was about back when you were doing this the first time round :) I now have 2 extra kids (5 in total) and more weight to lose than I had in the first place lol. No VLCD for me this time but I popped over to see if there were any familiar faces. Good luck BL
I remember you too! How's it going?

Back