Is there anyone who needs to lose over 10 stone????

Well done that's a great loss!

I'm jealous though, we don't get SOTM.:cry:

7 lbs off this week! I can't believe it because I went out for a birthday meal at Wagamama's and I had that delicious katsu curry chicken meal. Did you know they can grill it for you instead of frying it? I am over the moon!

I lost 4st 2lbs in total! Yippeee!

Well done that is awesome!!!!! :D Thats a fantastic loss hun, whats your secret?

Last edited:
Well done that's a great loss!

I'm jealous though, we don't get SOTM.:cry:

Hi Laura, I wonder why - I would imagine it should be consistant across the organisation. But then I heard the other day that SOTM were to get something this month like a book but I didnt get one. No matter. I think the consultants would be better to stick to the organisational guidelines rather than doing their own thing - people always talk.

Your weight loss is awesome! I wish I was a pound behind you :D You are doing so incredibly well. Keep it up!

Hi there!
Technicly I should be losing 10 stone but that is waay too much and Im gonna see how I feel after 5 (as I recall being that weight and pretty happy before) and then keep going.

Good luck
:D

Hi Hulalula

I think its good to aim for the weight you feel comfortable at rather than what society says you should be as long as it gives you a healthy life.

Welcome .... the girls and boys are wonderful here, their support is invaluable and we all help each other along. Good luck! :D

Last edited:
Hi HulaLula and welcome:)

Thanks Cmcewn, keep going as you are and you'll be ahead of me before long, I didn't lose as much as you in my first 7 weeks.:)

There are quite a few things my class doesn't do or have like SOTM and certificates as well as stickers for each half stone. We've only ever done one taster night which I asked for. Oh well. I need to move class in September so we'll see what the new one is like.

A disappointing 1lb off for me (whoops I know I shouldnt say that but I am !!). For some reason 2 fishy weeks didnt give me the results that I was hoping for 4.5lbs over 2 weeks, I know that sounds good, but I was convinced that if someone who was close to target could lose 12lbs then me, a hefty gal could do even better!!!

Even more depresing my target is now showing as not till 2012 on the SW website.

Oh well hopefully it will show next week.
Well done to all you ladies, showing some fantastic losses.

Welcome all newbies!!!!!

i cant believe they dont give you certs and stickers laura!!!!:eek:

thats well wrong thats a bit i love about it too.

move class hun and ask the new c for all the ones you should of had i would

groovygroovy and cmcewn how the hell are you getting them numbers please tell me wot your eating i wanna lose that too:kissass:

Thanks Cmcewn, keep going as you are and you'll be ahead of me before long, I didn't lose as much as you in my first 7 weeks.:)

Laura, you are nearly at your 100 pound lost mark. When you get there do you plan some kind of treat or celebration for such a great achievement? :happy096::happy096:

We get the stickers Tanny so we don't completely miss out. I didn't even know about the certificates 'til I went to a different group on holiday. I even flashed the 2 I'd got there in my own class when i got back but had little response lol.

I'm not planning anything special though I'll be on holiday in 2 WI's when I hope to reach it so may get my husband to take me out for the evening. Kids can stay with grandparents in the caravan and we can come back and snuggle in the tent. Sophisticated huh! :giggle:

groovygroovy and cmcewn how the hell are you getting them numbers please tell me wot your eating i wanna lose that too:kissass:

Hi Tanny, just sticking to the EE plan. I try to eat 6 small meals a day though rather than 3 big meals and I am drinking water and I have joined the gym - we also walk the dogs more. Other than that (and I know you ain't supposed to) but I do get weighed regularly and if I haven't lost weight I cut back a bit. I know that demotivates some but for me it spurs me on to try harder so each to their own. :D

Another great tool I have is this forum, this thread and you lovely girls. That's the most amazing motivation and help I have. And thank you for it. :thankyou: Seeing how wonderfully well you are all doing and reading your posts helps me every single day to keep on track. ;)

Well done that is awesome!!!!! :D Thats a fantastic loss hun, whats your secret?

Sure I can tell you my secret sweetie! I have 2 weeks of red days = eating fruit, vegetables, salads with steak/lamb/chicken/fish. No potatoes, no rice, no milk, some bread but not every day (for example, the only bread I have is for lunch on Mondays and Wednesdays - where I take a sandwich for work. The other days I eat salads). I don't use all my syns. If I use syns is for bread (i eat white bread), olive oil, skin of chicken and gravy. Quite boring and sad really.

But I do this to give my body a shock and a boost in order to lose more weight. After 2 weeks of doing the above, I just choose any meals from Slimming World's recipe books (pasta, risotto, potatoes, etc). I have whatever I'd like and I do this for another 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks, I go back to the original days for 2 weeks.. And so on... and so on...

Am I confusing anyone here or just myself? :D

Thanks GG I definately think switching it up makes a difference - love the term body shock. ROFL .. mint! Blooming heck you must have gotten SOTW every week? What do you average every week? You exercise a lot too dont you?

ooooooooooohh groovy groovy!!!
me likey!!!!;)

so you have 2 solid red weeks then 2 solid green weeks is that what u mean?

ooooooooooohh groovy groovy!!!
me likey!!!!;)

so you have 2 solid red weeks then 2 solid green weeks is that what u mean?

No, sorry hun that's not what I mean. I have 2 solid red weeks (no healthy extras, no more than 6 syns per day) then 2 extra easy weeks (allowing HE and syns). It'll give you a boost! try it. x

I have 10 stone to lose and I am going back to SW on Tuesday and I am determined to lose it by the olympics, I will do it this time!

oh i get what you mean now groovy!

i think i might try that what was your weight losses when u do that?

welcome candyy hun good luck with your weight loss journay!!

oh i get what you mean now groovy!

i think i might try that what was your weight losses when u do that?

I lose an average of 14lbs-17lbs per month by doing this.

When I'm doing original days for 2 weeks I can lose up to 4-8lbs per week. When I do the extra easy for 2 weeks I can lose up to 2-4lbs per week. It's important to alternate every 2 weeks or the body will get used to it.

I lose an average of 14lbs-17lbs per month by doing this.

When I'm doing original days for 2 weeks I can lose up to 4-8lbs per week. When I do the extra easy for 2 weeks I can lose up to 2-4lbs per week. It's important to alternate every 2 weeks or the body will get used to it.

Hi GG so what to you typically eat on your red weeks? Ive always just done EE so very interested in what you eat. On the EE do you err more on the side of the Green carb based foods? Ta! ;)

Back