Is there anyone who needs to lose over 10 stone????

Well done Groovy and Christiana - you ladies are an inspiration to us mere mortals! I love reading this thread, so thankyou, X

Well done Groovy and Christiana - you ladies are an inspiration to us mere mortals! I love reading this thread, so thankyou, X

Thank you Zoe. That is really sweet. Slimmer of the week! well done! I wish I had your weight! lol.... still long way to go for me. x

Thanks Krupskaya! elb4160, I second what groovy said - that 1/3 superfree is vital. I do mostly EE days too - I also try to take a break from the potatoes/pasta...and I reduce my portions of them as they are very 'heavy' foods. I have much less than I used to. Oh and loads of water! I've had more water in the last couple of weeks than I ever have! I thought it would be hard, but I throw in a few NAS squashes and a can or two of diet drinks and now I'm used to it. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips guys, I've weighed myself today and again no loss, (although i was a bit naughty last night having some of a jar of sweet and sour sauce on noodles... oops)

I'm going to try to incorperate as many of the tips i've had as possible in the coming week and see if anything changes.

Can I just say, also, that I'm so so impressed with the people on this forum! Even my fiance was having a look through last night and he just turned to me and said "Wow! Those people are really nice!"

It makes a very big change for me to have people that are offering friendly support that i dont feel embarrassed to admit how much i weigh around and am certainly not worried about any teasing.

:D

I hope it is possible! Although I don't have a particular date to work towards (as of yet anyway!) I do have 14 stone to lose!

It's pretty daunting when you think of it like that, but i'm trying to do it one stone at a time.

Try not to think of it in terms of the overall journey but step by step. Some would say even week by week - but, I for one, can be goal driven - and work long term rather then short term.

Is there a major event/occassion in your life in the next few months? What realistically can you loose in that time - would you be happy to have lost that? Christmas (yucky word) isn't that far off - what would you like to have lost by then?

I'm at target now - after a 14st9.5lb loss. When i looked (in the early part of the journey) at that big picture - i got disheartened. Then I learnt to break it down into little bits.

I started this journey weighing 27st8.5lb on December 1st 2008. After the first few months, i set my mini-target to be below 20st for my brother's wedding on August 1st 2009. I went to brother's wedding weighing 19st8lb. I could have said I wanted to weigh 15st - but that would have been unrealistic. I set that target for my birthday at the end of March 2010. I hit that in the middle of March.

Keep the targets realistic, but if you don't quite make it, but have given it your all, and been 100% honest with yourself - don't be down about not hitting it - especially if you only miss out by a few pounds - this is a journey for life after all...

Best wishes everyone... Believe me - the journey is truly worth it...

Ian you are an inspiration. You look great! What was bungy jumping like? I'd love to do that one day!

groovy - thanks for the kind words.

I didn't do a bungee jump - it was a parachute jump... and it was fantastic... something i couldn't do before the weight loss and a fantastic way to celebrate (and raise over £700 for the NSPCC in the process).

3.5 pounds off for me this week girlies, thats my 3.5 stone shiny. Whohhhooooo ... good luck for this week everyone.

just wanted to say hi!
well done to all that have lost these massive amounts of weight, and good luck to all that are still losing.

last year i wanted to lose 12 stone, i managed to lose 2 stone then fell pregnant, i am now 15 weeks postnatal and i am lighter than i was before i was pregnant, but i still want to lose 9 stone or more.

i do think it is possible, but as i am only starting out again tomorrow i am a tad nervous and worried will i make it!

well good luck and well done again xx

Well done Carole! New stickers are fun. :D

Good luck dagbird, I'm sure you'll be fine starting again. :)

well done carole thats fantastic!! and a new shiny :D.

good luck dagbird im sure you will find these boards a great help and support:).

hows everyone?

onwards and downwards
xx

Thank You !!!

:D Thanks Laura, see its all worth it and my pants are starting to drop off me now which feels sooooo good I can't tell you. I am getting into clothes I haven't been able to wear for a bit so thats really encouraging. My energy levels have shot up - its amazing how you feel when you offload some weight. Makes you wonder how you managed to carry it in the first place. Imagine how we will feel when we get to target. Still chasing you though doll. :D

Dagbird - welcome - good for you for starting again. The support in here is wonderful but try not get too addicted to this forum -- good luck with that too :D Stick with us and you will make it. We all help each other here. You only have to look at some of the achievements to know it works.

elb4160 - How are you doing, I hope you are making good progress. If you are not sure a good thing sometimes is to post what you are eating and there is always a helpful voice there to put you in the right direction.

Thanks Surraygal, shiny shiny shiny, sad innit - I feel like I'm living from shiny to shiny just now but I guess it's the only way for me to get there. 7 lbs to my next one. 2 lbs to my half century and when I get to 100 lbs I am going to buy myself something really nice. A toyboy maybe :D

Have a great day everyone!

xx

Last edited:
lol carole a toyboy;) he he.

hope everyone is ok.has anyone seen tanny on lately?:wave_cry: to tanny.

have a great weekend.
xx

Well I have hit my first mini target of half stone, got my sticker tonight, having lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks am very happy as I got SOW as well, two stickers for my nice book

Well done Candy - that's an amazing loss! And SOTW too! Keep up the good work, X

You should award yourself some stickers on here anyway Emma. After all - you earned them! Put them in your signature...X

Way to go girl! X

Back