Is there anyone...

Ok well starting today. I will weigh myself after the initial phase 1. Eeek!!! Exciting. Do you weigh in every week? You have done really well. I hope I have some good results too. Fingers crossed.

x

Hello Maynie!

I am currently doing Lighterlife but I am preparing to follow South beach as my "maintenance" program. A friend of mine used to follow it and she did really well on it. To me, it sounds like a very healthy way to eat.

Sadly it will be a while before I can start the diet as I have a long road of abstinence to follow but I shall continue to read your helpful posts!

Hi all congrats on how well your all doing!!! I have just finished one week on the sb diet and have lost 5 pounds which im delighted with, can hardly shift a pound on conventional low cal diets and am a def carb addict so I am hoping that low carb may be the one that suits me best. I am following all yer posts and they are keeping me inspired thanks D :)

Hi Maynie - sorry for the delayed reply. I've not been on for a while. I found that on South Beach I ended up with really bad stomach problems (I was in agony when I used to eat, walking the floors literally at night sometimes) and had to go on medication for gastritis. I believe this was because I was too restrictive, and when I tried to eat "normally" again, my system couldn't handle it! I also had problems with headaches, poor skin and hair loss at times, although again I am still glad I did it because I'd have been a lot worse off at nearly 20 stone. I just don't think it's necessarily healthy to cut carbs to the extreme forever but if it's the difference between being morbidly obese and a bit restrictive it has to be the latter if that works best.
Hope you're well and all is going good on the diet front x

Hi Maynie - sounds like you're doing well. I am looking forward to getting back to SB and all my nice recipes. I'm down about 11lbs so far, but have another 2 stone to go. Should be about 2 months.

I miss my shepherds pie! With regards to breakfasts I was having omelettes pretty much every day, but did then swap over to muffin in a minute when I got fed up with it. What I like about the diet is that it's the only one that I've done that actually educated me about healthy foods. It made me think about what I was going to have, but not to have to count calories or points was really nice.

I'll keep watching this forum and hopefully be here soon!

That doesn't sound good giblet! You were being very restrictive, much more so than SB recommends. I never think about how many carbs I'm having. I'm glad slimming world is working for you without the side effects!

2 months isn't so long is it? I'm sure you can do it and then come back to the yummy south beach stuff. I made a great cannellini bean and spinach dip the other day.

Sounds lovely! I adore canellini beans. Am looking forward to making a nice tuna and canellini dip. I also miss my spinach and chicken soup.

Still, like you say, not that long. Be good to be on SBD in Summer and try out all my recipes.

Hi Maynie thanks for the welcome I agree with you about losing more on low carb than any other diet I have lost another 3 pounds and am delighted with that. Since monday I have been following the celebrity slim diet as I dont eat eggs (hate them lol) and I find brekfast hard I am actually finding this easier shakes fill me up. Best of luck to everyone this week hope you all get the losses you are happy with:)

Hi All, I'm on SB. Have just completed my first week of SB - 7.25lbs - YAY :) (second time around; last time was approx 5 yrs ago when I was living abroad & it all went wrong again when I moved home). Anyway, I decided to search Google for South Beach Support thread, & up popped this link, & all you lovely ppl..would you mind if I joined??
Maz x

Last edited:
Thank You! Congrats to you too! The girls in the office are swaying towards BK today instead of Friday Pub Lunch :-s. I managed to find sthng on the menu at the pub last wk without much trouble.... Looks like it'll be the flame grilled chicken salad for me then!

Hi all

Hi everyone,

I'm starting on the South Beach Phase 1 today, i'm merging over from Weight Watchers where I've lost 3 stone and 2lbs but cannot for the life of me lose anymore using the same plan, I've stuck ridgidly to counting points for last month and cannot get past 10st 10lbs. Ideally I'm hoping to lose enough in Phase one to bring me just under 10stone.

My husband is doing it with me as well so I've the bit of extra support there. We had bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning. It's left me feeling abit queasy but I'm used to having 45g of Porridge on WW so it'll probably take me a few days to become used to it.

Went shopping this morning and bought all my meat, vegetables and salads for the coming week so heres hoping we'll have positive results next Monday!!

Can anyone tell me, can I have one portion of nuts per day, just one type, or can I have one portion of cashews, one portion of walnuts etc, hope this makes sense?:confused:

Back