is there ever another golden time..

Scarlett

I know peeps often refer to their first time on a VCLD as the 'golden time' as so often you are the most motivated and good the first time round.... guess my question to you lovely ladies is, is there ever a restart that is truly as successful or more successful as the first time round....

as a true yo-yo dieter I originally lost 4 stone on CD in 2007. Since then have been pregnant/breastfeeding and generally eating too much nice food and have regained it all plus some :confused:

since my daughter was born have tried traditional dieting but get really disheartened at the slow losses, and so have decided to give CD was last shot. The thought that keeps me going is that by xmas I could have lost most if not all my weight and could look hot for all the xmas parties!!

If anyone could share tips or their experiences of success I would appreciate it... i am starting SS tomorrow...

Hiya! I am having my second golden time! No such thing is only having one shot at this. Admittedly it's harder, but also easier because you know more about what is happening to you and it's less frightening - but yeah - the motivation to keep on it can seem harder. But you get through it the same as you did the first time.

You are right in saying that the general wisdom suggests 'one golden time' on VLCDs. Even Consultants say this, and in many respects they are correct. The very first 'go' seems to be the easiest one in terms of getting stuck in, thrilling to the fast losses, and following the diet very closely with determination and grit. Subsequent restarts can be a lot tougher, as I found out, myself. It took me ages to get back into the swing of it and I was never perfect 100% for more than a week at a time! At one point I could not even manage two days at a time on SS. That's why I switched to the 'old' 790 plan. SS was, by then, just impossible for me.

However, you most certainly can restart and get great results. I did, and my pal right now is losing wonderfully well after many 'failures'. She is on 810 and because she is tallish she is losing at SS+ rate, to her joy.

The 'one golden time' often means, the time you dedicate yourself to it the most, the time you really give it your absolute best shot, and therefore the time you get optimum results.

Good luck with SS and don't be afraid to try SS+ or even 810 if you find the going too tough. You'll still lose fast!

Back