Is there really a slim life after menopause?

ahaley

Good morning to you all, just discovered Slim and Save and found my way to your lovely site, although there does seem to be an abundance of 20 somethings out there, oh to be that age again. I am aged 57 and post menopausal and yes more than a little bitter at the battering I got from good old mother nature! I had been controling my weight on and off for 27 years with the help of Weightwatchers, even worked as a very successful diamond class leader for over 10 years, anyway hit the menopause at 52 and my life and body went pear shaped, in the case of the latter quite literally!! Had a very difficult 2 years with bereavements and depression and I have been trying to pull myself back together without a great deal of success for the last 3 years, gaining over 3 stones during this time and I just cant live with it a moment longer. Galloping towards 60 carrying an extra 45lbs is breaking my spirit and I am turning into the fat and frumpy invisible older lady that you have to experience to believe! I have read virtually every food/diet book out there, I am almost an expert, and I have tried to loose this excess weight on almost a weekly basis and still it creeps on. Never ever tried anything like Slim and Save before, the inconspicuous brown box of delights has just been delivered and I am a little nervouse. I have felt for some time that a whole different approach is needed, this is not the same body of 27 years ago, I am not the same person I was then and my life and whole existence is very, very different. So here goes, I am about to embark on what I hope is a successful journey back to ME!! Wish me luck.
PS if anyone reads this, thanks for giving me the opportunity to babble on, putting it in print feels liberating.
Take care all.:)

welcome ahaley,i hope your SnS journey is a successful one.

Pop in here regularly to keep yourself on track, there is masses of support and advice at your fingertips.

Good luck x

Hi, welcome to S and S! I am the same age as you so you are not alone with the post menopause feelings! The difference is that I have been overweight all my life and am now on the journey to being a weight I am happy with. I have tried every diet (almost !!) over the years and really find that having packs on this is a really fast and straightforward way of getting the pounds off! The support on here is amazing and you will have any questions answered quickly at any time of day! Good luck!
Alison

Welcome ahaley. We're definitely not all 20 something here. I'm 40 something and just coming to the end of my S&S journey although the last stone is proving to be a little stubborn :). Hope you do ok, and come on here and report back.

Hi ahaley

Welcome! Just going through the dreaded menopause myself and hoping i can get rid of this excess. Life's hard sometimes and it's so easy to get down but now you've made a really positive step forwards and are starting SnS. I just started today and wanted to wish you luck x

How are you geting on??????

I wish I was 20 something!!

Welcome and good luck. X

Hi ahaley :wavey: just wondering how it's going for you today?

Hi and a huge thanks to all of you that posted to welcome me to the site. I gave Slim & Save a really good go, bought and tried one of every flavour of each of the shakes, bars, soups and meals but it's not for me? Hats off to every single one of you that manages to loose weight with meal replacement packs, you deserve to loose every single gram! And me? Well been out and filled my fridge with lots of fresh fruit, veg, meat and fish and I am going to give Weight Watchers Pro points another go. Really wish I could have got that 'food' down but I just couldn't, but it was interesting to try it out. Good luck to you all and thanks again for making me feel less alone, I will definitely be using this site a lot in the future. Take care all x

I am peri menopausal too its sooo depressing. I seems have turned into someone who cant make a decision any more never mind the excess weight my brain seems to have turned to mush!

Back