Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH fruit?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by msrsimpkin, 18 February 2011 Social URL.

1. msrsimpkin

msrsimpkin Flubber Buster

Diet:
    Atkins
    I went shopping yesterday and stocked up on lots and lots of fruit and decided to bring my (huge, overflowing) fruit bowl upstairs on put it on my desk. I work from home and snack a lot while I'm at the computer, so I thought that having the fruit next to me would mean that, at least if I'm snacking a lot, it'll be something healthy.

Anyways, my point is, between me and DH, we've eaten almost half the bowl. In 1 day! I don't mind having to stock up regularly, but is it possible to eat too much fruit? I know it probably won't affect my weight loss in a negative way, but is there anything else it could affect / cause?

I just wanted to make sure there'll be no bad side effects if we end up polishing off the rest of the bowl :p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Too much fruit can have you running to the toilet - Too many grapes do that to me!!

4. msrsimpkin

Diet:
    Atkins
    Hehe. Well, yes, there is that. Fortunately, I've never really had this problem. Maybe because I've always eaten lots of fruit and veg. I've always been ultra-regular, like clockwork, but I find that this never changes regardless of what I eat :p

Is that the only downside to eating vast amounts of fruit?

5. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well too much of anything is often not great diet wise. 600 calories too much from fruit is just as bad as 600 calories too much from crisps, so just remember to stop eating when you're full and you should be fine!

6. shardi2209

shardi2209 Member

Also you should be careful not to overdose on bananas as lots (and I mean lots) could increase your potassium levels which isn't too healthy.

7. MichelinMummy

MichelinMummy Full Member

Also be aware of too much acidic fruit...bad for your teeth :D

You just can't win can ya? ;)

8. msrsimpkin

Diet:
    Atkins
    Aha. this is true, Jenny! And I think is is partially my problem. I have a hard time telling when I'm actually full. It's almost like I "miss" the feeling. That usually happens when I'm busy and have my mind on something else. Then before I realise it, I feel all bloated.

Maybe I'll have to limit myself a bit more, it would seem there are some bad points to eating large amounts of fruit :p I'll start on the veg instead ;) lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.