is this a green day?

debtin

Gold Member
Gettin my head round green days and thought would give it a try. This is Todays planned menu.
Breakfast...1xslice bread, beans
Snack..fat free aldi yoghurt pineapple, grapes satsuma
Lunch...homemade veg soup with ryvita and cottage cheese
Dinner....pasta, BrocollI and cod in butter sauce 4.5syns
Hex would be bread and ryvita and milk for coffee....1xhe left? What do you think, am I winning?

Okay, that's basically a green day, but watch your healthy extra's!

For breakfast you're planning one slice bread - that's half of a healthy extra, so you'd need to have the other half for it to count.

Snack seems like a fantastic choice!

Lunch seems okay, but what kind of ryvita are you using? If it's original/dark rye 4 of them are a healthy extra, some other types you get 2 as a healthy extra, if not these are synned.

Dinner seems absolutely fine as well.

And you have one optional healthy A left to use if you need it :)

But yes, I think you are winning, so well done!

Looks good to me! You don't have to have a second hexa if you don't want to.

Hi thanks guys...yes bread is from big loaf so stuck to one. Ryvita is wholegrain cracker bread so allowed 6 and the cod I syns at 4.5... Will have more fruit later in day and probably small syns chocolate bar. Think I will like this one but need plan plan plan to keep myself on track. Thanks again x

I strongly suspect you've synned the cod in butter sauce at the EE/Red rate like Patchwork suggested. On Green that sort of dish will be 1 syn per 20 calories as cod is not Free on Green.

Sorry if Im wrong and youve just had a really small portion or something but just in case:

Asda, Cod Steaks in Butter Sauce, frozen, 150g each 3 7
Sainsbury's, Cod in Butter Sauce, 4 pack, frozen, 150g each 6 10
Young's, Cod Steaks in Butter Sauce, 4 pack, frozen, 140g serving 2

I strongly suspect you've synned the cod in butter sauce at the EE/Red rate like Patchwork suggested. On Green that sort of dish will be 1 syn per 20 calories as cod is not Free on Green.

Sorry if Im wrong and youve just had a really small portion or something but just in case:

Asda, Cod Steaks in Butter Sauce, frozen, 150g each 3 7
Sainsbury's, Cod in Butter Sauce, 4 pack, frozen, 150g each 6 10
Young's, Cod Steaks in Butter Sauce, 4 pack, frozen, 140g serving 2
ah am i maybe not thinking it through enough - in my book it says cod in butter sauce, frozen 100g boiled is 4.5 on green. My book is from April last year so maybe i have wrong information and i was taking this to be per portin as such -will weigh when i get in as dont want to underestimate it - thanks a lot

You would be better to find out the syns for the actual brand you have as the syn values quoted in the book are just average ones - some will be higher and others may be lower.

Not all aldi yogurts are Syn free now - the ones that are like muller lights if that's the one you're having. The ff natural yogurt is still free though. xx

todays Green day for me was

Breakfast -2 weetabix HeB, mullerlite yog with a banana (all mixed together)
Snack -- Satsuma - apple
Lunch -- Jacket Pot, Baked Beans 30gr Cheese HeA plus salad
snack -- Alpine light bar -- 3.5 syns
Dinner -- Pasta with Quorn bolognese with mushrooms,tin toms and onions
Snack -- Quavers 5.5 syns
HeA -- 375ml Skimmed milk for my coffee's during the day

Back