Is this a realistic goal?

Poobe

Today i started Atkins, and so far so good. As long as i have my greenery (which i love), I do not see any reason why this cannot work for me so I am looking forward to hopefully losing a good few! :D

My goal is for December because I am going on holiday, and I dont want the photos to be fat ones... Once I am home from holiday I will work on losing the rest of the weight. So my goal for now is to lose 25 kilos (55 pounds) by the 15th December. Is this a realistic goal? In total i have 110 pounds to get shot of. :mad:

Hard to say, hun - most people have a good loss during weeks 1-2, then settle down to 1-2 lbs a week.

I have a load to lose too (more than you) and restarted Atkins recently, with a week 1 loss of 8lbs.

It's probably best not to focus on hurrying to goal - make smaller mini goals for yourself, like 7lbs - and then celebrate those goals (but not with food/vino like I've been used to doing! :))

I think it's fairly realistic, yes. Your first month you might lose up to a stone, and around 1/2 a stone per month after that provided you can stay fully on the plan. A 'treat' day might mean you lose a weeks loss, and we all stall occasionally, but I think you could well do it.

Back