Is this an option..

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
My DH hates fry lite and does most cooking at the weekend and wont use fry lite and he hates if I use it on roasted veg etc. I do us separate dishes sometimes but I was wondering on the occasions that we use it - could I just not syn olive oil, ignore it and treat it as free (except when I am cooking for myself) and put up with a slower weight loss perhaps rather than being short of syns and making things difficult. I do quite a bit of exercise so that might help.

Why not use it as a HEX B choice? One tbsp is a HEX B.
Either that or take it as 6 syns per tbsp.
I personally wouldn't ignore it, it's too high in syns!!

i agree with jaylou, too high to ignore i think just syn it or what about using an empty spray bottle of some sort and putting proper olive oil in that and spraying stuff, you end up using loads less than if you pour it on and if you work out how many sprays there are to a tablespoon youll know how many syns youve used.

Get an olive oil mister - you get lots of sprays for a HEb!!

Plus if it's the Olive Oil Frylight he doesn't like maybe try the Sunflower one - does the same thing but no noticable taste/smell like the Oilve Oil version.

I'd be a bit wary of ignoring oil on a regular basis, sorry.

I have to agree with the others Hun...6 syns a time is a huge amount to over look. I would try the other sprays first or even think about low fat spreads as a lower syn value to olive oil...or as Jaylou suggests using up a HeB.

Sorry but I agree with the others - would you have a kitkat and not count it? Probably not, so why do something different just because olive oil is healthier than chocolate?

Thanks, you guys are right it would be stupid to ignore it, I think ill try spraying or misting it as you suggest. Also ill make a big fuss of dressing my own salad and separating my veg that he'll know im serious this time and then I know he'll just put up with it to be supportive or ill use it and deny it when Im cooking ;)
I do EE so HEb are in short supply:(

Back