is this free??

henna!

I can do this............
hi everyone im fairly new to all this and today i decided to be make something diffrent for dinner!!
So i grated a potato, then finely chopped an onion and then i added some quark to bind it all! i made it in to little patties and fried in frylight flipping until golden brown on each side. i just want to check that this is free just incase i need to syn it!
Im pretty sure it is ok but they were so yummy, they tasted a bit like hash browns which i love!!

Great creation - free on green or EE

thanks angie! i was having red today though so if i used the potato as hex b is that ok? sorry if it sounds silly but im sure you remember what its like at the start you are constantly worried about everything!!

thanks angie! i was having red today though so if i used the potato as hex b is that ok? sorry if it sounds silly but im sure you remember what its like at the start you are constantly worried about everything!!

Oh, I remember well enough!

To be an HB on a red day, it needs to:

1. be 227g (assuming you used an 'old' potato)
2. keep its skin on (ie you should have grated it skin and all)

If you say no to either of those, it would need to be synned instead.

ah didnt keep the skin on! i knew there would be a catch lol! oh well never mind glad i checked then!! lol

Sorry :eek: but yes, you were right to check. It is the extra fibre in the skin that allows a potato to be counted as a B choice on a red day - so for example, if you fancy turning your 227g potato into SW chips on a red day, you can, but you need to keep the skin on (which in my opinion is better anyway as they go crunchier!)

thanks again! i know for next time i fancy it! i just fancied some thing diffrent other than baked potato again! i do love red days but am starting to get a bit bored with the same old dinners! so i am off to the recipe section for some inspiration!!!

Thats why I stick to the Extra Easy plan I always miss something (carbs on a red and miss meat on a green)!

Back