Is this how its gonna be???

CeeKay

Staying on plan!
After 7 yrs of having the contraceptive injection which reduced my TOTM to zero, CD brought it back for week 3 and I only lost a lb that week. Last week was a 7lb loss which made up for it. Today, in week 5 I have another TOTM!!!!!!
Thats about 1 week on, 1 week off and 1 week on again!!
Please tell me this wont last all through my CD journey??????

It will probably get used to the changes, similar thing happened to me when I first did the diet last year and it did calm down! But everyone is different i suppose x

hi all.

thats exactly wats happend to me

How long did it go on for?

well ive started week 4 and ive been on and off for 2weeks, i didnt come on for 3months because of the injection.

Thanks hun.x

Low carb ketogenic diets are renowned for playing havoc with your menstrual cycle. It has to do with fluctuating oestrogen levels - as body fat is used up rapidly on a ketogenic diet, it releases oestrogen. This can mean that if you are using depo-provera which suppresses oestrogen, your periods return. It does not mean that the depo is not working. Unfortunately it is difficult to answer the question of will it settle down, it may, it may not - sorry I am sure that is not what you wanted to hear. BTW - the current recommendation for length of use for depo-provers is 2 years only. It should then be reviewed with a doctor. The reason for this is that depo completely suppresses oestrogen levels and the long term effect of this on bone density is unknown.

Tina

Thanks hun. I guess its a small price to pay for the results CD gives, but culd seriously do without it! lol

Back