Is this inspiration or silly???

jack_83

I was thinking for some inspiration i could buy a dress that i really like but in a size smaller?? has anyone else tried this or is it just a waste of money?!?! :confused:

Id say do it.

When I started my diet I could barely get my uniform skirt up the button and button hole were about 3 miles apart! Every week trying it on seeing them getting closer was brilliant, then it fastened - what a great feeling. Now its almost falling off me. Thats such a real unmissable visual way to see your weight loss.

Go for it !!

I think its a wonderful idea!!! :D Really motivational! After all you're spending good money, you're not likely to not try to fit into it! Good luck!

i think ill give it a go - im a size 14 now, do i buy a size 10 / 10-12 / 12 dress?? theres some lovely ones on asos

Depends whether you want to wear it at target or on the way to target. I bought a top in a size too small. I went for one size smaller simply coz I have huge boobs and dont expect to loose much weight from that area. I fit into the top 6 weeks after I bought it and felt amazing when I wore it the first few times.

Go for it!

I say go for it. But if u think it might have a negative effect (like if u have a bad day and u end up telling yourself that u will never be able to fit into it etc) don't do it. I don't buy new stuff. I have plenty of jeans that used to fit! But u know yourself better than anybody! If u think it will help...GO FOR IT!

Why don't you get something from ebay? I get alot of monsoon stuff for very little, then sell it again, usually at a profit when I drop a size.

I've just bought myself a dress that's a size too small from Oasis. I wouldn't normally have bought something until it actually fitted, but it was a bargain (£12 reduced from £60), and I absolutely fell in love with the dress, which is why I think i'll find it so motivating to keep on track with the dress in my targets!

If it's something you know you will love, and will definately wear then I say it can do no harm. If it's something that will still be the same price nearer the time, you could always put the money aside now and then go on a shopping spree when you get to the size you want.

hi, i would say go for it, i've bought a couple of dresses, for that reason, one is a beautiful moonson dress from ebay for£14, i'm aiming to wear it for my best mates wedding in aug;)

Back