IS THIS NORMAL?!?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by xxxboobzxxx, 21 June 2009 Social URL.

1. xxxboobzxxx

xxxboobzxxx Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim-TFR
    This is my second round on Lipotrim, the first time I lost 2 and a half stone in 8 weeks. This time I have been on it for 5 weeks so far and lost 2 stone...great I know...but here is the problem...I have had 3 periods in 5 weeks 2 heavy and one light. I did not experience this the first time round but since the first time I have been fitted with the Implant to stop pregnancies for 3 years. My periods became regular but then I started the diet and now they are very irregular. Has anyone else experienced anything period related? I don't kow if it is one of 3 things...1...the diet...2...the implant...or 3...I may need a smear test because Jade Goody was having irregular bleeding, and look what happened to her. My pharmacist has not heard of this as a symptom but I want to know if anyone else has had this. Oh and I am only 20 xXx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. summergurl

summergurl ♥3 Years Maintaining♥

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    Hi!

I have the implant and have been on my period constantly for 15 weeks - although its not heavy its there! I just had my implant changed about 2 weeks ago and up untill today my period had been non existant but today it seems to have returned.

It is normal for your totm to be irregular whilst on LT and it certainly looks like the implant and LT has some effect on our monthlys.
    Dont worry though - its normal.

Lets face it - its a small price to pay having a period when were getting slim :D

4. happydaystocome

happydaystocome Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    All about w8
    Hi Hun
    I have just started to experience the period thing, i am spotting nearly everday its driving me mad lol. I have heard a lot of the ladies on here saying the same, so i wouldnt worry but if it carries on contact the doctor. Fantastic weight loss by the way keep it up xx

5. Kezzerbelle

Kezzerbelle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st1lb(27.31%)
    Diet:
    LT
    i have the same problem its been a kins of one week on one week of for me, it is slightly on the annoying side but like summergirl says its a small price to pay even if inconvienient.

6. 04624181

04624181 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.06%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I tend not to have a period at all whilst I am on lipotrim but its a small price to pay whilst i am getting slimmer.

7. JD&Coke

JD&Coke Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.34%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi,
    I'd blame the implant. Had mine removed this year (put on 3 stone with it, no matter what i did i couldn't lose weight) and am doing Lt to help me slim down now.
    But I had a heavy period for 11 wks when I first got it in and then skipped from irregular heavy ones to really light ones.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much just keep track of your dates as if they were normal periods

8. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Side Effects!

Estrogen is stored in fat and with rapid weight loss it is released into the blood stream and in some women can disrupt the menstrual cycle.

It also increases fetidly as a few on these boards can testify too.

Answer below is taken from the Cambridge Diet FAQ. which is basically the same as this.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.