IS THIS NORMAL?!?

This is my second round on Lipotrim, the first time I lost 2 and a half stone in 8 weeks. This time I have been on it for 5 weeks so far and lost 2 stone...great I know...but here is the problem...I have had 3 periods in 5 weeks 2 heavy and one light. I did not experience this the first time round but since the first time I have been fitted with the Implant to stop pregnancies for 3 years. My periods became regular but then I started the diet and now they are very irregular. Has anyone else experienced anything period related? I don't kow if it is one of 3 things...1...the diet...2...the implant...or 3...I may need a smear test because Jade Goody was having irregular bleeding, and look what happened to her. My pharmacist has not heard of this as a symptom but I want to know if anyone else has had this. Oh and I am only 20 xXx

Hi!

I have the implant and have been on my period constantly for 15 weeks - although its not heavy its there! I just had my implant changed about 2 weeks ago and up untill today my period had been non existant but today it seems to have returned.

It is normal for your totm to be irregular whilst on LT and it certainly looks like the implant and LT has some effect on our monthlys.
Dont worry though - its normal.

Lets face it - its a small price to pay having a period when were getting slim :D

Hi Hun
I have just started to experience the period thing, i am spotting nearly everday its driving me mad lol. I have heard a lot of the ladies on here saying the same, so i wouldnt worry but if it carries on contact the doctor. Fantastic weight loss by the way keep it up xx

i have the same problem its been a kins of one week on one week of for me, it is slightly on the annoying side but like summergirl says its a small price to pay even if inconvienient.

Hi,
I'd blame the implant. Had mine removed this year (put on 3 stone with it, no matter what i did i couldn't lose weight) and am doing Lt to help me slim down now.
But I had a heavy period for 11 wks when I first got it in and then skipped from irregular heavy ones to really light ones.
I wouldn't worry about it too much just keep track of your dates as if they were normal periods

Side Effects!

Estrogen is stored in fat and with rapid weight loss it is released into the blood stream and in some women can disrupt the menstrual cycle.

It also increases fetidly as a few on these boards can testify too.

Answer below is taken from the Cambridge Diet FAQ. which is basically the same as this.

Hormone levels fluctuate when there are changes in weight - particularly in women. For most, the menstrual cycle is not affected, but some women experience increased activity and breakthrough bleeding may occur. Others may find that their periods stop for a while. Once target weight is reached and weight loss ceases, the metabolic rate will adjust to a new level appropriate to the new weight, and the hormones will settle down and find their own pattern again.

cambridge company history

Back