is this normal?

beccabottle

hi, been reading this forum for a few days now so finally took the courage to join!

Just a quick question, sorry if this has already been answered before but i'm just curious.

riiight, is it normal to go way under your points allowance everyday, i joined WW on wedneday and i think i my main downfall is snacking, since wednesday i haven't snacked and my food diary shows i had 15 points and not once i was hungry. my allowance is 28?

xx

What are you eating?

you should be eating all your points, perhaps your choosing very low pointed foods? or mostly free foods?

yesterday i had:

a pear [1 point]
free soup
4 slices of WW bread [5 point]
2 tsps of utterly butterly [1 point]
chicken and peppercorn sauce eat smart meal [6points]
a banana [1.5 points]
cornflakes [1.5 points]

lots of water.

am i likely to loose weight this way?

where is your breakfast??
you have 28 ponts why not have 7 points per meal and 7 spare for snacks

ham and mushroom omlette and cereal for brekkie

baked potato with cottage cheese and salad + apple

chicken and veg curry with brown rice and a yogurt with jelly

evening snack you could have carrot and celery sticks with some dips.

you have the points you might aswell enjoy them

are you really satisfied with what your eating?

are you online or going to meetings? or going alone?

i hope starlight or someone more ww experianced come along to help

yesterday i had:

a pear [1 point]
free soup
a banana [1.5 points]
cornflakes [1.5 points]

lots of water.

Seeing as your eating so few points compared to how many your allowed, you could either lose a lot one week (because of the shock to your system), but for the other weeks stay the same or either gain, if your body isn't getting enough calories .. etc then it will turn the weight you should be losing into fat anyway (someone else can probably explain this better than me) but WW advice that you only save 4points each day! so your lowest points to have should be 24! ... if you cut down on so many points now also, when you so start to lose weight and have less points your body won't react therefore making it harder for you to lose the weight! :)

If you don't feel like eating a lot and are full maybe just eat another banana, have some grapes, apples etc anything just to bring your points up, will soon add up! :) it's still ok to snack maybe have a glass of wine with dinner? or add a more pointy dessert in? :)

cheers for all the good advice guys :)

i've ate more today, been talking to my mam and she thinks i go from one extreme to another, i either eat loads or when i go on diets not enough. just got to find a healthy balance i guess.

other problem is that i probably don't eat breakfast but it makes me feel sick, need to find something that doesn't make me ill in the morning :eatdrink051:

what about crumpets? Or plain cereal like special k? I have porridge too.

I was the same when I started WW. I came from calorie counting to weightwatchers, and I was used to all the skinny alternatives, the 50-cal-a-slice bread, instead of "normal" bread for example.

My leader advised swapping some skinny stuff, like the bread, for normal stuff, to up my points a bit. I don't think I am explaining this well, but instead of having beans on toast with two slices of WW toast, I would now have beans on toast with two slices of hovis or something...

I was wary, I thought "eek more calories, less weightloss" but it has actually worked. Plus... it means I can eat normal food when Im at someone's house, instead of thinking "Omg they haven't got skinny bread!"

Don't forget as well, to point your milk if you have it on cereal. That's another 1-2 depending what type of milk you have :)

You really do need to eat way more, if your allowence is 28 points you can save no more than 4 per day and they must be used by the end f the week so they suggest only really saving if you are planning a big meal or a night out as you might struggle to use all saved points

Without meaning to sound rude, thats nt my intention, none of us are doing weight watchers because we struggle to eat enough food
Why choose free soup, have Heinz
4 slices of bread for 5 points ? Are you sure you worked that right most WW bread is 0.5 point per slice
I would have normal bread in this case

You honestly do need to up your intake or you will start to struggle to lose any weight and then feel disheartened and this is when the diet starts to slip

Sorry if i sound all preachy but my mum does this when she starts weight watchers and i always say to her if your not sticking to the points then your not doing weight watchers and not to be surprised when you dont see the results you feel you deserve

Good luck

thanks for all the info guys!

i've had some pringles tonight and dip and pretty much at my points total for the day.

going on a big night out tomorrow as well so these past 3 days will probably balance themselves as of this time tomorrow

I found I always have days like this when I start WW as I think 'Im on a diet I can't have chocolate/crisps etc' Though as the weeks go by I do eat all my points and learn that I am allowed a few naughty bits =]

i think what else it is. is that before i came onto WW i barely had any proper meals and just lived on crisps and biscuits.
have to get used to having proper meals

I totally know what you mean about not eating proper meals... I'm exactly the same. I've been doing this a month now and still struggle to eat 3proper meals. I'm so used to bingeing or starving myself and like you said we need to find that happy medium!!
Goodluck Hun!!!!!
xxx

yesterday i had:

a pear [1 point]
free soup
a banana [1.5 points]
cornflakes [1.5 points]

lots of water.

In a word? NO absolutely not. Ww points are carefully worked out to give you a healthy amount of food in the day but to still lose weight? There is a common misconception that eating less will increase your losses IT WONT and while the first week you starve you may have a good loss it's like being I'll you don't eat and lose weight but the moment you eat properly you gain.

Your poor body will go into starvation and you'll end up gaining. WW have spent millions perfecting this diet if they say you need 28 points then you need 28 points. I don't know why anyone would choose to eat so little.

When i was at WW i was allowed 21 points and i was eating 15/16. I was told not to do that because I wont lose the weight. You have to eat your recommended points and I think she said I could save 2 points a day or was it 3, something like that anyways , your body starts saving the fat so you dont lose it, as it thinks u are going into starvation. I think thats correct, if i am wrong let me know

few days into the diet and i have now got better at eating all my points! the ones i had left over the first couple of days all got consumed on saturday, after a very drunken night.

i feel thinner and can get into my jeans, which i haven't been able to since after christmas so happy days

Thanks for all your wise words :)

xx

o god me too! except when my jeggins kept coming down today at college :ashamed0005:

Back