Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by katoof, 11 January 2011 Social URL.

1. katoof

katoof Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    11st8lb(46.02%)
    My first weigh in is tomorrow and I feel like I have put on weight, I have been following the plan but I am sure I have put weight on, is this normal for week one? Not sure if its a good idea going to meeting, what if im the only newbie to put weight on

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Its totally normal, jings I was thinking the same before my wi last week and on a VLCD its pretty much impossible to not lose weight. If youve been following the plan properly - you WILL have lost weight.

Go to your wi, I bet youre pleasantly surprised.

4. Cheekypasterfield

Cheekypasterfield Rather comfy here

Start Weight:
    11st2.4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.4lb(0.26%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discover/Vintage Points
    Hiya, a lot of people have been saying that they feel heavy and don't feel like they have lost any weight, yet they then get the surprise with a loss.

I know its easier said than done, but try and not fret. Sometimes it can our bodies up to a week after being "good" for it to show on the scales. Some people get a bigger loss in their 2nd week.

Just have faith in the plan, make sure you're eating the SW way and keep going.

Good luck x

5. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Think of it a different way. How different do you feel if you put on a couple of pounds? Probably don't even notice. So it's not likely that we'll actually 'feel' different in just 7 days, yet the scales will still show a loss.

I did a vlcd before christmas and lost a stone in 2 weeks, and I didn't feel any different from one week to the next.

6. Lonestitcher

Lonestitcher Silver Member

Go to your meeting!!! Even if it comes down to it, YOU WOULD NOT BE THE FIRST NEWBIE TO PUT ON WEIGHT IN WEEK ONE - I did....

I put 1 lb ON in my first week but stuck to the plan and lost 5 lbs in my second week. I'm now 1 year, 131 days into SW and nearly 5 stone lighter (come off that pesky 1 1/2 lbs!!). To be honest... what I lost (or rather gained) in my first week means NOTHING!!!! The only numbers I care about are what I did last week; what I weigh NOW; what I'm going to lose this week!!

jigglymum likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.