Is this normal?

katoof

Silver Member
My first weigh in is tomorrow and I feel like I have put on weight, I have been following the plan but I am sure I have put weight on, is this normal for week one? Not sure if its a good idea going to meeting, what if im the only newbie to put weight on

Its totally normal, jings I was thinking the same before my wi last week and on a VLCD its pretty much impossible to not lose weight. If youve been following the plan properly - you WILL have lost weight.

Go to your wi, I bet youre pleasantly surprised.

Hiya, a lot of people have been saying that they feel heavy and don't feel like they have lost any weight, yet they then get the surprise with a loss.

I know its easier said than done, but try and not fret. Sometimes it can our bodies up to a week after being "good" for it to show on the scales. Some people get a bigger loss in their 2nd week.

Just have faith in the plan, make sure you're eating the SW way and keep going.

Good luck x

Think of it a different way. How different do you feel if you put on a couple of pounds? Probably don't even notice. So it's not likely that we'll actually 'feel' different in just 7 days, yet the scales will still show a loss.

I did a vlcd before christmas and lost a stone in 2 weeks, and I didn't feel any different from one week to the next.

Go to your meeting!!! Even if it comes down to it, YOU WOULD NOT BE THE FIRST NEWBIE TO PUT ON WEIGHT IN WEEK ONE - I did....

I put 1 lb ON in my first week but stuck to the plan and lost 5 lbs in my second week. I'm now 1 year, 131 days into SW and nearly 5 stone lighter (come off that pesky 1 1/2 lbs!!). To be honest... what I lost (or rather gained) in my first week means NOTHING!!!! The only numbers I care about are what I did last week; what I weigh NOW; what I'm going to lose this week!!

Back