Is this normal?

Phew! I shape the mince when I'm doing meatballs or burgers and I boil it and scoop the fat off...Look, it's not the tastiest thing in the world but if you make a sauce, like the pepper sauce in the recipes section they can be lovely! I don't do that with meatloaf but if you're using extra lean mince it won't matter.
I season my chicken with various different things depending on what sauce I'm having but I like thyme and lemongrass or garlic and herbs or chillis! Yum...wouldn't mind some right now...
I'm not sure how much 500grs of yoghurt is but I will have the bare minimum during my strict week, literally a tablespoon for a sauce and a tablespoon when I make Dukan bread!

So, are these not allowed?

Natural probiotic yogurt.
100grs
Cal 55
Protein 5.6
Carb 8
Fat 0.1

Oaken fat free strawberry
100gr
Cal 53
Protein 4.9
Carb 7.9
Fat 0.1

No fruit yoghurt of any kind Alessandra... And if you're having yoghurt it should be fat free!

Total 0% Greek
100grs
Cal 57
Protein 10.3
Carb 4
Fat 0

Go for that last one, you can sweeten them yourself with sweeteners or flavour them with Dukan friendly flavourings which you can get online...
Ps You can also flavour them with a sprinkling of sugar free jelly powder.

Step mum ( would b nice to know your name!) I think I will follow u! Do u post your diary? I think if I eat what u eat I can't go wrong! Can I be your diet buddy?

I have looked everywhere for the dukan bread recipe! Can't find it!

But even skimmed milk is not 0 fat!

Alessandra - its not the amount of carbs that's a problem, it's the type.

The carb in unflavoured yogurt is Lactose - natural milk sugar. This takes a long time for the body to digest and most of it passes straight through. In fact, it mixes with fat in the digestive tract, and stops that being digested too.

The carb in flavoured yogurts is added fructose - fruit sugar - which is very very easily digested, causes a rapid rise and fall in blood sugar level, knocks you out of ketosis, causes stalling and triggers a desire to eat more carbs - which may be why you are craving sweet things.

I'm not craving sugar because of that because I only tried it today! I only had 3 spoons!

I always crave sugar after meals because my whole life I had fruit for desert so after a lot of meat it is like my body is begging for fruit.

So, can I have the natural probiotic yogurt?

If it unflavoured and less than 1% fat go for it.

Atropos, sometimes I feel like going on attack again because I made honest mistakes. During my attack week I had ww yogurts and b good to yourself cottage cheese ( which is 3%fat I think) without knowing I couldn't. Do u think I should start over?

Sorry Alessandra, I don't generally have time during the day to post my menus but you've asked a lot of questions and everybody has answered as best we can, just stick to those guidelines and you can't go wrong.

Thank you anyway, it was just an idea.

Sorry about the amount of questions. I just don't think the book is clear enough and I want to follow the diet the best I can.

I always crave sugar after meals because my whole life I had fruit for desert so after a lot of meat it is like my body is begging for fruit.

There are lots of desert ideas in the recipe threads.

My favourite quick desert is zero greek yogurt with fresh lime juice and splenda.
If I have more time I haul out the icecream maker and make fro-gurt - greek and plain yogurt mixed with splenda and allowed flavouring (ginger, nutmeg, rose, lemon, lime, lemongrass, peppermint, butterscotch, coffee...)

If I need something juicer - I keep cherry tomatoes on hand for fruity snacks.

And sugar free gum is a good emergency instant desert!

Fantastic idea! Forgot that tomatoes are fruit!

I love Greek yog with sweetener but some people think it might be a good idea to cut down on dairy!

Its not so much about cutting down on dairy as not relying on it to make up the bulk of your protein. Increase the amount of low-fat chicken, fish, beef etc and use the yogurt or quark or fromage frais as a dressing or desert.

I've been having 500grs of Greek or quark most day. Rarely I go over. Do u think it is a lot?

You are allowed a maximum of approx 1000grs - so 500 g seems ok to me, as long as it is very low/ no fat, and unflavoured. I probably eat about that much dairy daily myself.

Alessandra; it's really very simple. If you buy yogurt then it should be PLAIN natural or Greek yogurt and 0% fat if you can (Total 0% Greek Yogurt for instance which is available in all the big supermarkets)

Mince is also easy - you want the packets which say EXTRA lean, *not* lean and however you cook it, you can simply drain off any fat left over.

You've said you don't understand the book and you are worried about slip-ups....well there is a daily menu thread on this board so why don't you post your menu every day on there. And be specific; don't leave anything out. Then, if you think you aren't shifting weight the seasoned Dukaners on the board can look at your daily menus and see if there's anything glaringly obvious. It's much harder for them to help you when you don't give a full picture of what you're doing and little things like strawberry yogurts only come to light when you ask questions.

Back