Is this normal?

How do you feel about your ideal weight?

It would give you a BMI of 22.2. Your BMI is currently 23.3.

I mean "true weight" = 58.9kg as above

Really good question.... I don't know.

I weighed less than 60kgs twice in my adult life. First time was 15 years ago. I got the leading role in a musical (I used to be an actress) and I felt 66kgs was too much for that character. I joined ww and in 4 months I went down to 58kg. I tried to go lower but the diet stopped working by the time the play oppened. When the play finished I went back to 66 in a year.
10 years ago I took diet pills (legal where I come from) and got to 54kgs. I cannot begin to describe how that felt! It was amazing! I enjoyed buying clothes, going out and even enjoyed the beach!!!. I felt I was the sexiest woman alive!. When I moved to this country, without the pills, my weight slowly went back again.

Ideally I would love to be 54 again but the way things are going I think I would only get there if I stopped eating completely and became anorexic!

I stopped making plans and having a goal weight a long time ago. Right now my only goal is to diet and see some results. After these 3 long weeks, all I want is the weight to go down, I dont even care how much it goes down as long as it does!

I will tell you how it feels when my weight starts with a 5!

Maintainer, I don't really consider bmi because I am not fit at all. I think my muscles weight very little as I feel I hardly have them!

BMI isn't to do with fitness Alessandra, it's a guideline weight for your height, age, gender etc...

If you only ever got to 54 by taking pills that is not your natural weight, and may even have sabotaged the weight loss that you achieved on ww.

It sounds as if your natural healthy weight really is about 59kg - below that your body believes it is starving, and will store every single calories you give it.

But muscles are heavier than fat! Two people can have the same bmi but be completely different!
Bmi is a formula og weight x height. If you have heavy muscles that will make difference!

Alessandra - your BMI is perfectly healthy for a woman of average muscle development - which is you.

Yes, that is why BMI tells you from what weight to what weight is acceptable for your height, this takes into account possible differences in muscle mass...There are more accurate BMI calculators online within which you can also input your frame. Generally speaking though BMI calculators can be trusted....but of course, I'm not going to argue about it. I don't know why I keep inputting into this thread, it gets exhausting! ;)

wkstepmum, so sorry you feel this way! I didnt mean to upset you.

Aw no, it takes a lot more than that to upset me but you're just such hard work Alessandra, you get advice - you fight it, you get advice - you fight it, then you realise everyone was right and you say thanks...it just keeps going like that! I guess I'm having one of those days x Don't mind me! Lack of chocolate can do this to a girl!

ok, ive got a bit of a lowyer in me... sorry!
what worries me is that my little girl is exactly the same!

ARGH! Two of you in the one house!!! ;)

Alessandra - you really, really don't want to try and reattain a weight you only got to by taking drugs.

The lightest I've been in my adult life was 10 stone, however when I did my 'true weight' info on the Dukan site I didn't input 10 stone because the time I was that weight, it was purely because I was doing amphetamines (to lose weight), working like a nutcase and suffering from glandular fever. That low weight hadn't been gained through proper eating, but by drugs and illness. I'd input whatever the lowest weight was that you achieved *naturally* and then the weight you can maintain easily.

My true weight, as you can see, is 12 stone which many would say is still too heavy. But if I can maintain at that point, it'll be a lot healthier for me in the long run than the yo-yo cycle of fighting to go lower, gaining some back, fighting to get it down again etc etc.

Alessandra - you really, really don't want to try and reattain a weight you only got to by taking drugs.

TOTALLY AGREE!! I will never take those pills again, ever!!! I want to be healthy, want to see my kids grow up!

My sister-in-law in New York took some pills or other given to her by her doctor to help her lose weight before her wedding to my brother... They made her go NUTS! Her body changed but so did her moods, her personality changed completely, she was unbearable and now one year on she's gained the weight back and more and she says she's still not herself mentally! Wouldn't risk it!

yeah, I took them 10 years ago and will never do it again. Sometimes I wonder if that didnt screw my metabolism up for good...

You see, where I come from everybody does it so you kind of dont see how bad they are, they became "natural" to your eyes.
Now I know how stupid they are! God knows what they put in those pills...

Back