Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by gladysrocker, 20 July 2008 Social URL.

1. gladysrocker

gladysrocker Member

Hi Everyone. I've got a bit of a conundrum I was hoping someone could help me with.
    I've been doing CD for almost 3 months and lost nearly 3 stone but have struggled with it to the point of giving up on it. I started on a cycle of binge eating and lost something ridiculous like half a pound in a fortnight!
    Anyhow I've called it a day with Cambridge and have decided to give Atkins a go. I had a few bad carbs on Thursday which knocked me out of ketosis. I got weighed on Friday and I hadn't put any weight on and started Atkins, so I've been doing it for 2 days.
    I was devestated to get on the scales this morning and discover I'd put 2 pounds on!
    Is this normal when first starting the diet? I can't afford time wise to put any on. I need to lose at least half a stone before I go on holiday at the end of August. Should I hold my nerve for a few days and see what happens or give it up?
    I really would appreciate any advice on this as I am in serious danger of becoming obsessed.
    Sue.x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    ok hun, dont worry, its just your body re-adjusting to quite fattening food, if you keep to under 20g of carbs a day, the weight will come off, you still must drink 3-4 litres of water. It really does work!

Going back to CD ave you considered doing a plan of 610, 810 or even 1000, by having your shakes and adding a meal in the evening, it would be something to look forward to daily.

just a thought,

good luck hun,

sue xx

4. gladysrocker

gladysrocker Member

Hi Sun. I did contemplate doing the 810 plan but the very plain food just didn't appeal to me. I looked at the chicken on the plate and thought if I was on Atkins I could have cheese and bacon with that!!
    I am a little bit confused as to how much salad and veg I can have. Am I correct in thinking that I can have as much meat, cheese, fish etc. that I need to keep hunger away?
    Thanks,
    Sue.x

5. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    yes hun, Ill see if I can find the thread regarding how much salad, sald & veg you can have, also your can eat as much hartleys sugar free jelly as you want, its my saviour

sue x

6. gladysrocker

gladysrocker Member

Ive just had a lamb shank with some homemade cauliflower cheese, made with double cream, mustard and lots of cheese. Also I had some swede mashed with butter.
    It all seemed too delicious to be true and I feel like I've put lots of weight on.
    Sorry for all the questions, but is there a limit to how much cream you can have?
    Sue.x

7. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    hun, swede not allowed, but dont worry now, celeriac and or turnips mashed a good alternative.

sue x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.