Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by gladysrocker, 20 July 2008 Social URL.

1. gladysrocker

gladysrocker Member

Hi Everyone. I've got a bit of a conundrum I was hoping someone could help me with.
    I've been doing CD for almost 3 months and lost nearly 3 stone but have struggled with it to the point of giving up on it. I started on a cycle of binge eating and lost something ridiculous like half a pound in a fortnight!
    Anyhow I've called it a day with Cambridge and have decided to give Atkins a go. I had a few bad carbs on Thursday which knocked me out of ketosis. I got weighed on Friday and I hadn't put any weight on and started Atkins, so I've been doing it for 2 days.
    I was devestated to get on the scales this morning and discover I'd put 2 pounds on!
    Is this normal when first starting the diet? I can't afford time wise to put any on. I need to lose at least half a stone before I go on holiday at the end of August. Should I hold my nerve for a few days and see what happens or give it up?
    I really would appreciate any advice on this as I am in serious danger of becoming obsessed.
    Sue.x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    ok hun, dont worry, its just your body re-adjusting to quite fattening food, if you keep to under 20g of carbs a day, the weight will come off, you still must drink 3-4 litres of water. It really does work!

Going back to CD ave you considered doing a plan of 610, 810 or even 1000, by having your shakes and adding a meal in the evening, it would be something to look forward to daily.

just a thought,

good luck hun,

sue xx

4. gladysrocker

gladysrocker Member

Hi Sun. I did contemplate doing the 810 plan but the very plain food just didn't appeal to me. I looked at the chicken on the plate and thought if I was on Atkins I could have cheese and bacon with that!!
    I am a little bit confused as to how much salad and veg I can have. Am I correct in thinking that I can have as much meat, cheese, fish etc. that I need to keep hunger away?
    Thanks,
    Sue.x

5. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    yes hun, Ill see if I can find the thread regarding how much salad, sald & veg you can have, also your can eat as much hartleys sugar free jelly as you want, its my saviour

sue x

6. gladysrocker

gladysrocker Member

Ive just had a lamb shank with some homemade cauliflower cheese, made with double cream, mustard and lots of cheese. Also I had some swede mashed with butter.
    It all seemed too delicious to be true and I feel like I've put lots of weight on.
    Sorry for all the questions, but is there a limit to how much cream you can have?
    Sue.x

7. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    hun, swede not allowed, but dont worry now, celeriac and or turnips mashed a good alternative.

sue x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.