is this normal?

MrsFearby

Hi there, this is my 3rd day today and im feeling so weak and shakey, my legs are like jelly and im finding it very hard dealing with my kids, even picking up my 8 month old is a struggle, is this normal and will it get better? Thanks for any help

You will probably feel better once in ketosis which should be anytime now, however if you are worried then ring the LL medical team who are available during office hours and talk it through and get advice from them.

I generally feel weeker on this diet than I did before but not to that extent and only if I push myself physically (cycling etc) but then I am Anemic too which doesn't help.

Anyhoo, I'm sure the ketosis thing will help but as I said its probably worth taking advice....good luck and let us know how you are doing. x

It sounds as though you are just getting to the point where you body has used up all the 'immediate' energy is has stored (glycogen in the muscles and whatever was left in your digestive system), but are not yet fully into Keto to be burning fats to get more energy. Anytime now you will go into Ketosis, and that will start to happen.

Burning fat to make energy is a much slower process than burning food for energy so you just have to give it time, quite soon your body gets used to it.

also, don't forget that mentality can affect us in a big way too; if you are thinking "its been 3 days, Ive had no food, I feel tired, weak" etc. then chances are you will feel that way more than if you were postitive about it and telling yourself and are doing great :)

It sounds

also, don't forget that mentality can affect us in a big way too; if you are thinking "its been 3 days, Ive had no food, I feel tired, weak" etc. then chances are you will feel that way more than if you were postitive about it and telling yourself and are doing great :)

hi pete, i love what you just said there, youre so right my mentality tells me im hungry, i need food it will make you feel better, but its a trick you eat and you feel so much more worse,

thanks for saying this xxx

Yup, the mentality is definately the hardest thing to break, as after all, deep down the thought remains that you can't live without food - we've been educated our whole lives to know that if you don't eat, you'll die.

You just have to learn to ignore that thought for a while! :p

How much

water are you drinking. i know it sounds like I'm obsessed, but it often turns ouut to be de-hydration. Although the current guidance is 2.5 litres minimum per day I think?Until recently it was 4 litres per day and that amount works for me PLUS the shakes and Teas/ coffees. It seems like a ot at first, but trust me - it really does work.
Good luck. Hope you feel better soon. Stick with it. You will xxx

Hope it's all a bit better today MrsF. It will change eventually.

how are you feeling today? hopefully you will be in ketosis by now and be feeling better
daisy x

Back