is this normal??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by franbella21, 21 April 2009 Social URL.

1. franbella21

franbella21 minimims stalker

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    cambridge ss
    hi all started ss yesterday but still had a monthly pass paid for on weightwatchers so i thought i might aswell get use of it and went to ww and got weighed> i had lost 3lbs since thurs? when only started cd yest is this normal and can i expect to double that at cb weigh in on thursday?? x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

Such weight losses are perfectly possible on CD SS due to the body using up the glycogen stores, and glycoged stores 4 to 5 times its own weight in water. I believe that the average body has about 1.5 lbs of glycogen which means about 6 and 7.5 lbs of water .... hence the potential of gaining about 8lbs relatively quickly.

With WW and similar, your body never really uses up its glycogen, but does quite rapidly on CD SS, hence the big weight losses first week.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.