Is this ok?

YummyMummy2B

Silver Member
Im trying to sort out my shopping list before I start SW tomorrow so would this be ok as a typical day? Im not sure what counts as a syn as I dont go to class tonight...It seems like an awful lot to eat on a diet.
Any input would be very appreciative!

Breakfast
Poached eggs
2x toast
lf spread
banana

Lunch
Jacket potato
Beans
Banana
Rasperries
LF nat yoghurt

Dinner
SW spag bol

This probably won't be the last of the food threads I will create - so sorry!

Are your meals for red, green or extra easy?

Yep looks good! With EE I always have 1/3 of my plate filled with veggies, you could try that. Otherwise everything looks great!

You still have a HEa to use but I agree - there isn't enough superfree foods there. And your only syns are lf spread - you need more syns.

Last edited:
Maybe have 1oz grated parmesan on your spag bol as an HEA? Yum!

And mushrooms with your breakfast and a salad with your jacket potato?

Yep and steamed broccoli with your spag bol! LOL!

I did that before class and now I think i've sorted it - is this ok?

Poached eggs
2 x wholemeal bread HEB
can't find syn value for lf olive spread?
3 mini babybels HEA
Banana

Jacket Potato
Beans
2 x cheese triangles 2syns
Banana
Raspberries
lf nat yoghurt

SW spag bol with tinned tomatoes
Mixed veg - is frozen ok?
1 alpen bar 4.5syns

Im gonna pick up some small treat size chocs tomorrow so will probably have 1 of them to make up my syns

Frozen veg is fine hun, yes. Though if you buy the Alpen Light bars they are 3 syns each or 2 as a HEb (for another day maybe). You can also get Light Babybels & cheese triangles which you can have more of for your allowances (I usually use the cheese traingles as spread instead of sunflower/olive spread)

here's an example of olive spread;

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bertolli Bertolli Spread, Light 1 level tbsp[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
2½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2½ Syns
green.gif
Green 2½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Make sure your yogurt is fat free - low fat is not enough. Also not all fat free yogurts are free - check the list in the subforum above to be sure before you go shopping

Ooo I didnt know about the yoghurt had to be fat free - might be running out to the shops tomorrow!

The babybels and the alpen bars are both light - will need to change my food diary thingy.

Thank you all for all your help, I'd be in a right muddle lol

If you use laughing cow extra light triangles instead of babybel, you dont have to sin the spread and you stil get a cheesey taste with your poached eggs 6 x 17.5 laughing cow light = 1 Hex A on all plans, and you dont have to eat them all at once, you can spread them out through the day ... :) excuse the pun!!!!

Also if you're having alpen light bars you can have 2 as a HEB or if you've used your allowance they're only 3 syns each

I think I got yesterday right. Im not too keen on alpen bars but it kind of tasted like chocolate so it made a decent evening snack. I had 2 bowls of fruit and yohurt in the end - last night I was ravenous! Luckily the yoghurt I picked up showed as free online so thats good.

I don't drink milk so im trying to make up for it on cheese! I had babybel on my toast and cheese triangles in my beans yuummmmy!

Gotta get ready for work now, have a good weekend x

Back