is this ok ?

dani*r

hi all,
ive had my gp's approval and will be having my first visit with cdc on friday. Im hoping to start cd on fri or sat.
in preperation for cd i have been using slimfast shakes, for the first copule of days i did it "properly" and had a light meal in evening.however yesterday when it came to tea time i wasnt hungry, and i genuinley couldnt face eating the meal i had prepared for rest of family, so i just had another shake. I had also drunk around 5 ltrs of water on advice of cdc.
i didnt feel hungry at all in evening and have woken up this morning absolutley full of energy and feel fantastic.
im kind of inclined to stick with this as it is getting me used to "not eating" so hopefully it will mean that cd is not going to be a shock to the system.
im wondering if this means that i will be in ketosis before i start cd, and if so is that agood thing ?
would anyone else carry on with this or would you eat a small meal ?

Hi and welcome, my understanding is that there are to many carbs in slimfast for you to go into ketosis, you should cut down on carb intake and up water levels ( you already are ) to make your cd trip a little easier. f you are happy with slimfast and an eve meal I cant see anything wrong with continuing until start cd on friday. Maybe someone who know more will be along soon.

Good luck hun.xx

not an expert myself, only on wk2 but it sounds like you could be in ketosis already, which is great as this will make it easier for you in the 1st few days I reckon. Goodluck with your 1st week!
xx

Hi,

I don't think it's possible to be in ketosis when using slimfast but don't quote me on that!

You should have a meal each day as, unlike CD, slimfast doesn't have all the vitamins and minerals etc you need each day.

Just have a low carb, sensible meal each evening until you start CD.

Back