Is this strange?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by karenO, 2 June 2008 Social URL.

1. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

My weigh-in day is Tuesday. Every Monday without fail i wake up feeling really bloated & "windy" and it takes a good day and a half before i feel like it has passed. I have 6 litres of water daily & also take Fibresure and am regular :eek:
    I get extremely & irrationally nervous coming up to weigh-in and this bloatedness just makes it worse as i always think its going to have a bad effect on my weightloss.
    So the question is this a vicious cycle? I'm starting to think that my fretting & nervousness might actually be the cause of my bloated feeling? Is this a ridiculous idea? Maybe i'm seeing a pattern where there really isnt one lol :eek:
    Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

No I think that you could on to something, if you are not doing anything else different on a Sunday / Monday than you do to any other day it could well be the anxiety you are feeling due to the WI

Stress / anxiety is one of those things that can have odd effects on our bodies, but your losses have been excellent, I hope that you can take solace from that

Best of luck with your WI tomorrow
  4. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

Hmm, nervousness could make you feel like you have an upset tummy, but I don't think it would actually make you feel bloated.

I'd be more inclined to think that it's something different you do at a weekend.

Do you have your packs at the same time as during the week? Do you have more/less tetra's or bars at a weekend? Are you more/less active? Is your water intake better/worse?

I'd think it's more likely that than the nervousness.

I hope it settles down for you soon though, and good luck for tommorrow!
  5. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Nope dont believe i do anything differently at the weekends, I dont have tetras unless i'm planning on going away for the day and i only have 2 bars per week max and always eat these on a Tues (after weigh-in) and a thursday (what a sad creature of habit i am lol). Have my shakes at roughly the same time too. Water intake the same as well, 6 litres per day.
    Maybe i'm just imagining it lol :eek:
    Going back a few years, i used to play a musical instrument in competitions and suffered terribly from nerves. I would spend all my time before competing running to the loo, constantly needing to pee :rolleyes: every 5 minutes so i guess i was just remembering that and wondering if this bloatedness is another weird effect of being nervous.
    Wonder if i could take Rescue Remedy on SS lol
  6. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

I took one dose of rescue remedy this week, I needed it due to stress I was having this week. I did wonder when taking it if it would effect my losses as it is made up from flowers and I know we cant have teas made with flowers.

My losses have slowed right down this week, I had a sticky scales 4 out of 6 days this week and will be doing well to get to 2 lbs loss for this week by tomorrow.

BUT I also think this stall on the scales could be related to stress and my monthly cycle and not specifically due to the RR.

I would just be cautious taking it
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.