Is this true?!

Yep!!! actually I burn off 2162 calories just by staying in bed all day LOL so me eating 1500 calories is going to lose me quite a bit of weight! :) just type in BMR calculator and put in your details and it will tell you exactally how much your body burns by just sitting still all day and how much cals you should eat to lose 2lbs per week :D x

Just by breathing, digestion, brain function ect .... x

That's why its really important to calculate your bmr (basal metablic rate)
Most people will find it is even higher than 1200 calories.
Your bmr is the number of calories your cells need to stay alive. It does not include any physical activity. It's important not to eat lower than your bmr.
You can find out your bmr here
BMR Calculator

That's why its really important to calculate your bmr (basal metablic rate)
Most people will find it is even higher than 1200 calories.
Your bmr is the number of calories your cells need to stay alive. It does not include any physical activity. It's important not to eat lower than your bmr.
You can find out your bmr here
BMR Calculator

Really? I am not eating 2150 calories :8855:just shows how many I was eating before :eek:

My BMR is 1786.1.

I eat 1650 - 1700 most days. It seems to be a comfortable amount. Are you sure you can't eat below your BMR?

Argh, i thought your bmr was the amount of calories that your body needed to function. And eating below this would compromise your health? No?
My bmr is only 1462 and i feel really weak and weazy if i eat below this but looking at some of your bmr's here there are huge differneces in numbers. Hmmm, now i'm confused?
And there was me spouting that you musnt eat below your bmr.
Gonnaget slim, your bmr is quitre high, i guess i have the wrong end of the stick.

Can anyone out there enlighten us?
x

I think the bigger you are the more energy/calories you body uses up cos your body has to work harder to do things... so thats why my BMR is so high cos I am a high weight and use up more calories than a lighter person, also what age you are counts to, cos a 20 year old will use more calories than say a 50 year old and male/female counts too as males tend to use more energy than females. You can eat less than your BMR if you eat your BMR you will just maintain your weight, experts say eat no less than 1500 to get the right nutrition and you body can still function properly :)

yea i was gonna say that, you're right about that, my bmr is was quite high when i was 16 stones.

xx

Well I am 21 stones so mine is very high lol x

OMG so interesting! :) xx

WOW, if I stayed in bed all day id burn off 1,600 cals! Just think how much we really burn off with all the exercise throughout the day! :) xx

Argh, i thought your bmr was the amount of calories that your body needed to function. And eating below this would compromise your health? No?
My bmr is only 1462 and i feel really weak and weazy if i eat below this but looking at some of your bmr's here there are huge differneces in numbers. Hmmm, now i'm confused?
And there was me spouting that you musnt eat below your bmr.
Gonnaget slim, your bmr is quitre high, i guess i have the wrong end of the stick.

Can anyone out there enlighten us?
x

Assuming you're doing no exercise, if you eat the same number of calories as your body uses in a day then you should maintain your current weight. If you want to lose weight then you need to consume less calories than your body is normally using up, which means that your body will get some of its energy from the fat you already have stored.

Of course, if you're exercising as well then your body is using up even more calories than it does for if you spend the whole day sitting down or sleeping, so if you're eating a suitable number of calories and exercising then you ought to burn even more fat :)

(I hope that helps, I'm often a bit rubbish at trying to explain things!)

No, that completely makes sense! :) XX

Back