ISOM's incredible journey

In search of me

Silver Member
A potted history..age 41 and now a weighty 18st 1. I'm about to go on holiday so will start CD on 15th and re-weigh before I start!

I did Lighterlife a few years ago but put it all back on (with a few ibs for good measure, as you do!!) - mainly because of my reenergised enthusiasm for crisps and all things bad, plus I did no excercise...

I'm now at the stage that my mobility is being affected - Im in daily pain, my heels hurt; so do hips, back...you name it really! I know two things as I start; (1) I can do this cos i did lighter life, without cheating, for 6 months and (2) I will have to excercise to keep it off and not go back to stupid eating again...

I remember that feeling of having energy; buying clothes where I wanted (although still didnt brave River Island!!) and wearing gorgeous, sexy shoes and would like to go there again but this time with a supportive consultant and more realistic approach for the longer term.

So I hope some of you will join me for the ride! Am getting ready for the starting gun when I return from a blissful week with my best mate in Italy! :D

Typing this from a very hot Italy; trying not to eat everything in sight - safe in the knowledge that in a few days thas it! Ive got mixed feelings as I embark on CD; looking forward to being able to shift some poundage and hopefully the physical pain that goes with it but nervous of having to eat as with lighterlife in some ways it was easier as food was just a point blank "no" so there was no debate in my head! Having said that I hope to be able to do the diet for longer as had to come of ll due to bp being so low...
So four days and counting!!

Good luck! If you did it before you can do it again, but all the wiser this time :) Enjoy the rest of your holiday (i'm very jealous) x

Thanks midnight; how are you finding it so far? Ive alot to loose and if I have ther energy will try and work out this time what a realistic target is for timescale is for loosing it...problem was with ll that I lost the grand total of 2ibs in the last month on 500 cals a day which wasnt v encouraging plus means that I cant gauge anyway so will just go for a rough timescale and will discuss with cd adviser when I get back.
Would be interested to know from others what the first few days are like on CD...

Hi ISOM, you've caught me at a bad moment because i seem to be struggling today :(

But this is day 6 for me and it's been no where near as bad as i thought it would. Day 2 was my worse but on the whole i've not had much in the way of side effects or hunger and i've managed to exercise everyday so far (although i was advised not to for first 2 weeks).

If you have been on 500cal for a month then i'm sure this will be a breeze. Do you think 500cal may have been too low and body holding onto it perhaps?

You should take a look at the personal diary stories on here if you want more insight into first few days, some are very inspiring too.

Well Im back after a relaxing week with best mate and now the fight begins. Had my last "real" meal and just weighed in at a whopping 18 4.5; for someone of 5ft thats bad. Only way is down though so here I go!! Excited in some ways but also not looking forward to the next few days while body adjusts as have vague recollection that it was pretty dire....
Midnight I did lighterlife for 6 months!! Thats 500 cals a day for 6 months and my body didnt appreciate it as my blood pressure hit the floor so Im hoping that the slightly higher cals will suit better and weight loss will be steady this time. It was very discouraging not to loose some weeks when eating nothing but packs...the advantage is that I know I can do it! So here goes!!
Will have a look at the diaries Midnight! Hope youre having a better day today?
Just had my first shake....eeew! Will check what it was and make sure I give that one a miss for a bit! Did find with LL that my tastes changed over the months...some I couldnt drink at the start I loved at the end...suffice to say that I gagged when I drank this one!

Last edited:
Welcome back, glad you had a nice week :)

I know exactly what you mean about the anticipation, i felt like that but was surprised how quickly the first week went, hopefully yours will too and you'll be leaving the 18's behind you in no time.

Wow that must of been so hard on 500cals for so long - i dont think i could manage on that, i am on 810 and adding a protein shake to that and this is about as much as i can bear! At least you know you survived through worse and can do this.

Will you be keeping check on your blood pressure this time, after that happening before?

Yes i've been fine since my bad day, thankfully.

I hope your first day had gone smoothly, keep us posted :)

Progress so far; first pack was butterscotch....eeew; made me gag but managed to get it down unlike the maple and whatever porrige which had to go down the sink to be replaced by a strawb made up pack which was fine. Starting to feel headachy (about 20 hours in) but that may also be because I had a long day travelling yesterday...done shopping and now have the weekend to chill and dont need to leave the house. May go to church but depends how I feel tom so crap tv here I come!!

Just think, by the end of the weekend you should be over the worst (maybe even before) and will nearly be half way through your first week :)

I don't get on with the powder shakes at all but got the tetra ones this week and find them much nicer and no hassle.

Good luck ISOM! I'm on SS day 3 and hoping that the muzzy headache will finish soon!! I did LL too a few years back and am just about coping with the idea of more time on abstinence!! Got to be done though and so far so good, but missing food if I'm honest lol!!

This is my first time on minimins forum and everyone has been lovely and it's certainly a good source of support :)

Hello, for me day 1-4 were hard but I was -10lb in 1st week I was amazed!! I think having a clear goal (mine 10st 7 by September currently 12st 2) doing SS+ now due to a broken leg!! Activity three times a week, swim, cycle, yoga and motivation dual dynamics on you tube and writing my diary on here. Keep 100% as nothing tastes as good as slim feels plus look at stages ahead with meals. I like to forward plan x

Thanks all; survived yesterday and it was ok but have had crashing migraine in the night so quiet day for me.
Chicken with cottage cheese and salad for supper and a pack at 9. Water is going ok and going to make some ice pops from the flavored water as a treat!! How times have changed!!
Am hoping I'll be ok for work tomorrow but feeling quite fluey and headachy so we shall see...

Took a half day because I feel so ill and really hope that this feeling absolutely rubbish will finish soon as having a headache, feeling sick, bleugh that lasts days is no fun and also makes work hard and i dont have the kind of job that you can do half measures...Almost caved this evening but so far have resisted - have taken a nitol and going to have an earlyish night as have a long day tomorrow...

Thankfully feel less rubbish today although do still feel hungry most of the time. Hope this passes soon. Was nervous of having food as worried that it knocks you out of ketosis. Have had 2 bouillion drinks this am which has helped and lasted until 12 (on the dot!!) for lunch. Long visit this afternoon so last pack while Im on the road!

Glad your feeling better ISOM...sounds like you've had a rough time with everything. Hopefully better days ahead now :)

Thanks both; am quite worried about the hunger as have stuck rigidly to plan and still feel hungry. Am managing for now but it hunger doesent abate there is no way I can do this for ages because it makes me feel quite sick iykwim?...really hoping it goes and quickly or its back to food and calorie counting.
Have given until Thurs and will see how I feel. At the end of the day I have a high pressure job that doesent take well to feeling ill because you need your wits about you; one of my clients said I looked really stressed today which wasnt great! For now its a "push through" mantra!!

Thanks both; am quite worried about the hunger as have stuck rigidly to plan and still feel hungry. Am managing for now but it hunger doesent abate there is no way I can do this for ages because it makes me feel quite sick iykwim?...really hoping it goes and quickly or its back to food and calorie counting.
Have given until Thurs and will see how I feel. At the end of the day I have a high pressure job that doesent take well to feeling ill because you need your wits about you; one of my clients said I looked really stressed today which wasnt great! For now its a "push through" mantra!!

Sorry to hear that ISOM, that must be horrible. I dont think i would manage if i felt hungry all the time.

What plan are you on? SS? Just thinking, if it does continue and you have ruled out everything else (drinking enough water, TOTM etc) perhaps try moving up a step and starting there instead?? You can always move back down again if you want to once your body has adjusted? I started on 810 with a view to doing so, if and when necessary.

Just a thought anyway, hopefully it will pass very soon x

Im doing 3 shakes plus small meal (what they now call step 2!). Text my cdc and she said to push through which Im trying to but being hungry constantly is really tough going...just focussing on getting through today!

Back