It can be done! Lovely weekend

LizS

Shut up Ethel
Hi all
Been away for the weekend (again). You may recall last weekend's disaster approach to going away, well anyway am very pleased to report this weekend went really well, both from a generally being a great weekend perspective and from a food/cd perspective.

I've been to Stratford for 2 nights to go to the theatre. (As you like it and Julius Caesar - both very well recommended, particularly JC with Sam Troughton - Much out of Robin Hood - he was brilliant). To save on endless amounts of prose here's a little list of things that I consider went 'well'

- Drank only water on the car journey (ok, so that did mean 3 stops on a 3 hour journey) - usually we'd pick at sweets and crisps the whole way
- Had a shake when I got there then nothing all pm
- Met the lovely Ruth and drank black tea and water and didn't mind not having a big stonking cake to go with
- Sat with Mr L whilst he had a jacket spud/chicken dinner and only whinged a little bit
- Went to theatre - twice - and had no sweets
- Went to the Dirty Duck - twice - and very nearly automatically ordered my usual large glass of red but remembered and didn't
- didn't go to breakfast in the b&b at all today, and yesterday just had coffee
- Went to a restaurant and sat with Mr L whilst he ate a particularly gorgeous looking pizza; i drank water and coffee and didn't even mind the chocolate pudding he ate.

Yay me!

Sorry, just so pleased I went away and had a really lovely weekend and didn't mind all that much about not eating.

It can be done!! Now if can only shift the Elgin marbles which have taken up residence in my gut, I'll be v happy indeed.

Well done Liz! It is hard I know, but doesn't it make you feel proud when you manage not to succumb? Although today I am having to go upstairs the minute the rest of the family sit down to eat......not feeling overly strong today! xxxx

Yay Liz, I knew you could do it! Well done! It was fab seeing you on friday x

Last edited:
Ooh I have stars! What does that mean?!

Thanks all. Its such a good feeling, i'm so chuffed. So much of my enjoyment of things is tied up with food, and it did feel really weird this weekend not making it a big part of our weekend. Normally on a two night weekend we'd go for a really nice 'date night' type meal out at a really good restaurant one night and then the other night we'd have something we both like but not so 'special' eg pizza express. And we'd have had a picnic, and we'd have eaten our way around the river festival, and gone to the farmers market....but we didn't! I know all that stuff will still be there, and I'll be going back loads, really looking forward to the day when I can sashay into the theatre in a size 10. So I'm not disheartened - far from it!

That's really impressive Liz. I've been doing this since April and don't really miss food, but not sure I could do what you've just done. That's amazing and I bet it feels great to know you can do it again.

Back