It can be done - My before's and Afters

Hi Girls, and thanks, and yes I do feel much healthier Coraline, not sure about looking great though. ;)

OK, I got round to it.

First here is a picture of a guy who started atkins with me back in 2002, he lost 50 lbs then his wife convinced him Atkins was unhealthy, he's on the right. I feel so sad for him.
KalamazooReunion03-08-09001.jpg

KalamazooReunion03-08-09002.jpg

KalamazooReunion03-08-09003.jpg

and now me me me. LOL
KalamazooReunion03-08-09005.jpg

KalamazooReunion03-08-09007.jpg

not bad after 10 mplates of Chinese Buffet, LMAO

That and some abz, he and his wife are in denial over his weight I'm afraid.

it's so sad after he lost so much jim!! but if that is the life choice they have made it has to be respected i suppose. It's scary though.

I'd be sacred as well abz, if my Dr was warning me, what is his Dr saying, he's 4 inches shorter than me and he weighs more than I did. But as you say it's his choice love.

Great pics Jim. Very sad about your friend though. Isn't seeing your success enough to prompt him to give it another go? x

great pics jim you did amazing!!

so sad about your friend , maybe you need to be firm to be kind with this one? x

Hi Jools :wavey:, It's his wife that's the problem here really, she thinks Atkins is really bad for you.

Punkii, I have talked to him, but he's not listening.

Do you know Jim, I caught sight of my reflection today (I usually try hard to avoid it & certainly never have a photo taken), and thought that as I've been overweight for so long, I will always look like a shapeless lump. Seeing your pics, however, I realise that I could become a completely different person too if I work at it.

Thanks - just what I needed.

Thank you Caloriefree. :)

Bangles, yes love, it can be done, you just need to find the right plan, one you think you can manage to stick with and not cheat on. It took me a while to understand that, but once I got my head right and found the right diet I was happy and confident. Thank you love. :)

Hello everyone, I'd been checking this site for a while and i finally thought that you all have done great jobs loosing weight and on the strength that. I think i'll share with you my 'success'.

Only being 22 years old i thought that someone my age should not vbe the weight i was 22-24st (it flucuated) to now 15 and a half. After my friends and family sat me down and spoke to me about my weight and some of the other problems i was having due to it being very high for someone of my height (5'7). I decided enough was enough and wanted to loose weight for my health and the health of my friends and family. I'd like to share my before and after photos.

But for some reason i am unable to add them. I will get them up here soon when i can. And this is too Jim, you are hero. Your weight loss had inspired me to do even more than i was. Thank you.

Last edited:
Those are fantastic Photo's Gromskar, I'm really impressed, well done and I'm looking forward to more photo's in future.

Jim you look so fit, young and healthy in your after pictures. You are such an inspiration to us all. I think getting the weight off is the easy part, the maintaining is when the battle begins. You have proved that it can be done so successfully.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful journey into fabulousness!

Hi betsy, thanks love, and as I'm going on holiday tomorrow I'll have even more to post. LOL.

Jim, I missed your departure - I hope you are having a great holiday x

I know Gem, you were away yourself at the time love. :) I'll have loads of photo's to post in the next few days.

Back