It doesnt add up :(

Kiika

I plummed all of my food into myfitnesspal as I know a lot of people also do.

Heres what I put in:

Porridge (silver pack)
Spag bol (silver pack)
Mac & cheese
mushrooms (100g raw weight)
courgette (100g raw weight)
Lemon Bar
Skimmed milk (150ml)

This is in line with the approved S&S plan (yes?) but although the S&S sheet says we will have between 550-650 cals, the above comes in at nearly 700 cals and over 75g carbs! Surely that doesnt add up for a VLCD or Ketosis!? Also tea/coffee/sweetener are 1-2 cals a serving which is not included in the above.

I know a VLCD can be up to 800 cals, but most are around 500-600 arent they?

Should I just follow the plan and stop using MFP to record what I have eaten?? I do find it helpful to check I have not over done the veg etc

i use fitness pal, i thinks it the milk bulking your kc heres mine on tues, its NEVER below 600

TBH I dont really have the milk often, but everyday my carbs are higher than most people say we should aim for (50-60).

Maybe Its best not to record it at all as long as I am only eating 4 packs a day, no more than 200g of approved vegies and no more than 150ml of skimmed milk? That way I am following the plan arent I, so there is absolutely no reason it shouldnt work, is there??

I think MFP is making me a bit obsessed and paranoid :( I think I'll quit using it and only start again during the re-feed to keep a tally on what I am eating then.

It is difficult to get an accurate reading as when I type in under Google a search for 100g of salmon, it gives different answers, even using myfitnesspal it gives you a variety of options depending on where it is bought from and where it is uncooked it is less cals than when cooked:eek::confused:
I worry about going over my cal/carb intake too.... Sooooo frustrating!!!!! If you notice the new spag bol has the highest carb calories too so if you enjoy that 3 times a day that totals OVER 60g of carbs as it is!!!!! Worse thing is that is one of the nicest ones I think!!!
BTW my totals never go over 600cals, max carb intake is 60g via myfitnesspal.....

I think as long as you're not feeling hungry and have the 'ketosis energy', then I wouldn't worry about it, because it's the calorie defecit that makes you lose weight, it's just the ketosis that makes it easier to stick to.

Can you have veges on top of 4 packs? I thought it was 3 packs with veg&protein. Or 4 packs only. ????

I use MFP every day to log my calories and carbs but I never did prior to stepping up to 800 calories - I just followed the plan. I try to keep my carbs to around 60g but don't worry if I go to 70g or so. A VLCD is anything under 800 calories. However having said all that I didn't include veg or milk for several months when I was following the plan 100% and I still don't have milk every day. And some of the packs have more calories and carbs than others. As RenewMe says the spag bol has 20g of carbs which is quite high.

No even with 4 packs you have to have the veg!

Hiya, I've just checked. If you're on 4 packs, the veges are optional. I think I just ruled them out in order to keep the carbs lower for me.

The veg and milk are both optional additions whether you're on 4 packs or 3 plus protein.

Veg is recommended as per the S&S info sheet. I guess in terms of the veg, it does push up the carb and cal intake but only slightly if you follow the amounts and the veg options given that is. The veg is a good 'filler' as the meals alone are not substantial enough for everyone and also provide vitamins and minerals on top of the vitamin suppliment you are advised to take!!! I don't have the milk allowance AT ALL... I did LL TOTAL and CD SS and on the those veg was not an option.
As an individual it is really up to you if you can go without the veg. For me I can take it or leave it and it makes no difference to my weight losses x

Must be a different info sheet to mine then (they do update it periodically) as the veg has always been optional since I started (last Aug) rather than recommended but admittedly I haven't done a S&S order for a while as I have lots of packs to use. The milk is a very recent addition too. It was added just after the crispy shakes were introduced earlier this year. Personally I believe that the plan plus additions is just about on the limit of what you can include and still term it a VLCD / ketosis friendly.

Thanks for all the advice everyone :)

I think I'll stop MFP, have less/no milk and cut the veggies as I'm not a massive fan anyway :) any excuse not to eat them! Lol

Unfortunately the new spaghetti Bol is one of my faves!! Hahaha!

I'll trust the plan and just eat what is recommended and I'll try not to worry about Cals/carbs levels.

I've never gotten into ketosis on S&S so the milk & veggie carbs cud be the reason why?? Maybe.

Back