Its a long road

CharlieDelta

So, I've decided to start a food/work out diary for a couple of reasons. Main one being that I'm hoping to realise why I can't succeed at eating healthily but also I'm looking for some support. I'm hoping that by chatting to people in the same boat as me will help.

I'm about to plan this weeks food, using mfp and also the recipes and ideas on here.

A little about me: I'm 33, almost 34, and I know I need to work with that. Unfortunately I keep comparing myself to the young, single girls at work....who are 24 and slim! I currently weigh 11 stone 12 and really want to get down to 10 stone 10. Not a big ask but it seems really daunting to me.

So anyway, just wanted to say hi :) hope to get to know you all x

So I'm halfway through the first day and so far I'm struggling :-(

I've had scrambled egg for breakfast and a mini babybel light.
Lunch was a roll and sausage and a packet of crisps (annoyed at myself but I met up with my niece for lunch as its her 16th birthday today).
Dinner will be mince and WW chips.

I'm back at work tomorrow and I'm always better behaved there. At home I eat through boredom.

Hi Charlie Delta and welcome! MFP is a godsend! Goodluck with your calorie counting- the good thing is you haven't scuppered yourself at lunch as you have the flexibility to adjust your dinner as necessary to keep within cals. :)
Are you incorporating exercise into your weightloss plan?

Thanks :) yeah I've joined the gym and try to do 2 combat classes a week on top of 2 hours divided between the treadmill and the cross trainer. I also have the Hannah Waterman DVD and plan to do that twice a week

Oh I love body combat- my new gym doesn't do it! Such a shame- I have to make do with Step&Tone (torture).

I agree with you being at work in a more regimental enviroment and routine definitely helps when you are starting out :)

So, I've decided to start a food/work out diary for a couple of reasons. Main one being that I'm hoping to realise why I can't succeed at eating healthily but also I'm looking for some support. I'm hoping that by chatting to people in the same boat as me will help.

I'm about to plan this weeks food, using mfp and also the recipes and ideas on here.

A little about me: I'm 33, almost 34, and I know I need to work with that. Unfortunately I keep comparing myself to the young, single girls at work....who are 24 and slim! I currently weigh 11 stone 12 and really want to get down to 10 stone 10. Not a big ask but it seems really daunting to me.

So anyway, just wanted to say hi :) hope to get to know you all x

Hey Charlie, just found your diary now :) Sending a big warm welcome hug! :bighug:
We have around the same weight to loose (ish). Would be great to be able to read someone else's diary who has the same weight loss goal as myself. How many calories are you on per day if you don't mind me asking? :)

J x

Ill be taking inspiration and motivation from you :) I have my calorie goal set at 1300 which I'm just about managing, and I've joined the gym too. Just did an hour combat and an hour step - dead is not the word!

I really need to do some research into the best low cal filling meals.

Oh no, in my infinite wisdom I thought it'd be a great idea to set up a kind of diet club at work, as so many of us are always trying to lose weight. There's 11 of us starting tomorrow. We weigh in every Wednesday morning, and I've made a chart that will go on our office wall showing how much we lose or gain each week - all with the help of coloured stickers. I'm hoping knowing that everyone will see the progress will spur us on, and I'm sure there will be a bit of healthy competition too!

Not sure if I'll live to regret this

Oh no, in my infinite wisdom I thought it'd be a great idea to set up a kind of diet club at work, as so many of us are always trying to lose weight. There's 11 of us starting tomorrow. We weigh in every Wednesday morning, and I've made a chart that will go on our office wall showing how much we lose or gain each week - all with the help of coloured stickers. I'm hoping knowing that everyone will see the progress will spur us on, and I'm sure there will be a bit of healthy competition too!

Not sure if I'll live to regret this

Oh this is brave - but a good idea I think!! Being accountable definitely helps and even having a physical chart as opposed to the one on MFP weirdly makes it more "real" to me. You could each pay a quid each week or something- and either the biggest loser take the kitty at Christmas or use the funds towards a (healthy) meal out together or something!

That's a great idea! Knowing theirs a "prize" of sorts will def make ppl think twice about teaching for that cake

So today has been successful so far

B - weetabix and an apple
S - 5 almonds
L - tuna salad
S - apple
D - small lean steak, grilled and vegetables. Also had some WW potato

You are doing well! and bravo for sticking to 5 almonds snack- I am ravenous today and have eaten probably nearer 20 of them to try and curb myself :(

I really struggled to stick to 5 but I logged it on myfitnessplan before I ate them so that forced me to. And had lotssss of water!

Went to the gym tonight, did treadmill, cross trainer and bike. Dying now!!

Hi :) been MIA for a few days but back now. I've been sticking to my cc all week, and then what do I do?! Go out on sat and drink drink drink, and then to satisfy the hangover on Sunday I ate ate ate. Annoyed!

Had a sneaky wee weigh this morning (weigh in day is Wed) and I was 11 7 and half so that's 3 and a quarter off - no doubt I'll gain some back on once Sunday's rubbish hits.

Today I've had

B - toast and scrambled egg
S - apple
L - chicken mushroom soup
S - babybel light and 5 almonds
D - baked potato and beans
S - grapes

And still under my allowance.

CharlieDelta said:
Hi :) been MIA for a few days but back now. I've been sticking to my cc all week, and then what do I do?! Go out on sat and drink drink drink, and then to satisfy the hangover on Sunday I ate ate ate. Annoyed!

Had a sneaky wee weigh this morning (weigh in day is Wed) and I was 11 7 and half so that's 3 and a quarter off - no doubt I'll gain some back on once Sunday's rubbish hits.

Today I've had

B - toast and scrambled egg
S - apple
L - chicken mushroom soup
S - babybel light and 5 almonds
D - baked potato and beans
S - grapes

And still under my allowance.

Well done for sticking to it all week!, we all want to let our hair down sometimes :)

Sent from my iPhone

Weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Trying a new way if food today- little and often :)

Hi CD- wouldn't worry about the weekend-bet you had fun! and looks like you are back on it- that food diary looks brill.

Back