It's been a challenge

CAZ72

Silver Member
I decided a couple of wks ago to try & get my oh & 3 sons to eat a healthier diet & stop demanding junk food as i really want to see them healthy & limit the amount of junk food in the house. I was a little worried if things stayed the same i would go back to my old eating habbits when i come off LT.Well its not been easy esp with my 2 youngest sons as they are both on the autistic spectrum,but for the last couple of days my youngest whose 5 has been demanding fruit for snacks(never thought i'd see the day) &the others arn't complaining now either,its such a releif. :clap:

That is great news, For 2 reasons..1 being you're family are going to a much healthier future ahead of them, And the other reason is that when you do get to you're ideal weight you can come off knowing that you can be eating healthily along with the rest of the family...You have done fantastic to turn yourself around with losing weight on LT but the bonus being that you have also turned you're own family's eating habits around for the better also, Big Hugs to you..Well done! :):)

That is great news, For 2 reasons..1 being you're family are going to a much healthier future ahead of them, And the other reason is that when you do get to you're ideal weight you can come off knowing that you can be eating healthily along with the rest of the family...You have done fantastic to turn yourself around with losing weight on LT but the bonus being that you have also turned you're own family's eating habits around for the better also, Big Hugs to you..Well done! :):)
Thanks Laura,its not been easy, but it'lle be worth it in the end.caz x

Changing the eating habits of kids is a tough one. Everyone benefits now so well done!!
Your so right! just got to keep them to it now!!

wow how fab is that - well done hun it can only be good ... well done to your boys xx

wow how fab is that - well done hun it can only be good ... well done to your boys xx
Yeah it is well done to them,i suppose it could of all backfired on me!!! (dread to think!!!) x

well done thats great!

Thats brill, i know how hard it is to limit treats to kids too. Mine are all skinny (unlike their mum lol) but i got sick of all the snacking after school, they were eating me out house n home. We try to all eat as a family, but i've making their dinner earlier to stop them eating bics etc..
I've made a few changes & put my foot down! My eldest daughter nearly 11 is suddenly asking if things are 'healthy' which is good, & i've got her making the packed lunches now!
I'm impressed you have managed all that with the autism too. My 3rd child has adhd, & implementing any changes is challenging, you'll know what i mean!
Simone x

It is great to hear you have acheived that such an investment in your family future x

Well done, i know how hard it is with ASD kids you did a brave thing and it payed off.

good for you...thats great news... my daughter has also started to change her eating habits... she drinks lots of water now too!!...even takes water to school with her packed lunch..bless, i am so proud of her!

Well done, I'm lucky that my youngest will reach for the fruit bowl first to snack but the other 2 are older and harder to influence these days! I only buy one small pack of biscuits a week and they know that once they are gone, they won't be replaced till the next week! Son is a carb king and will make toast! Oh well, onwards with the battle!

x

Back