Its Booked

ronniejacobs

Gold Member
Every year me and DOH go to cornwall have booked the train down for 3rd October so now we have 3 months to save like crazy now. so cheap meal ideas galore lol

I cant wait and tbh i probably wont be that good on holiday wat with the cornish ice cream, pasties and fish and chips thank god its only once a year

Aww sounds lovely, something to look forward to :)

Me and my boyfriend have just decided we are going to start camping. Not even bought a tent yet, but i know i will like it as done it before. I am excited just about going out and buying the stuff haha!!

Sound's great, I love Cornwall.

thanks guys we go every year but this year its sort of crept up on us due to getting kitchen done so gotta save like mad. we are going to St Ives and i already am making a pile of books to take down lol

thanks guys we go every year but this year its sort of crept up on us due to getting kitchen done so gotta save like mad. we are going to St Ives and i already am making a pile of books to take down lol

I'm from Hayle near St Ives. I went to school in Penzance.

Enjoy it in St Ives, you'll have timed it right to miss the crowds.

I'm from Hayle near St Ives. I went to school in Penzance.

Enjoy it in St Ives, you'll have timed it right to miss the crowds.

Ooh We went on holiday to the Haven in Hayle in April, lovely place, you're so lucky living there!

cool cool x

Ooh We went on holiday to the Haven in Hayle in April, lovely place, you're so lucky living there!

I don't live there any more :cry:

Me and my mates used to go for a midnight dip in Haven's pool on our way home from the Bluff on a Saturday night. That was when it was a nightclub back in the 90's. Now the club's gone and they've covered the pool :sigh:

we go to golf near hayle station

Pitch and put in St Erth. I know the owners...lol.

BTW, Hayle station is up the steep hill where the viaduct is and looks over the harbour.

We've stayed at the Travelodge at Hayle in the past, and spent time in both St Ives and Penzance, as well as a helicopter trip to Tresco for our 40th wedding anniversary!

You must so miss it Ninja, it's such a beautiful part of the country!

However, now that the roads have so improved (Dobwalls and Indian Queens) we tend to stay nearer Plymouth, and can drive down for the day, even as far as Minack!

Right off the subject of slimming, we often (no, virtually always) stay on one of the Travelodge deals - Family Room, ensuite, from as little as £19 per ROOM per night. It was £9 last year, unbelievable! Anyone else tried that as a cheap, clean, warm in winter, base?

Before we retired we were going to buy a motor caravan, until hubby pointed out that it would be too tall to fit in a multi-storey car park, AND we discovered that the 'hook-up' fees were actually dearer than the (then) room price at T'lodge!!!

I keep meaning to start a thread on "useful things to take with you on holiday in a hotel room" - SW wise I mean.....!!!

Foodwise, we've always found Toby, Harvester and Wetherspoons very useful for a reasonably priced, SW friendly meal - and the latter often have really great loos as well, another holiday essential!!!

Happy Holidays!

Back