its day 23 today of SS+

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
I have just lost the first stone and i have been thinking its been very slow . See i'm not really having the 200 kcal meal , i'm eating slices of ham , but to say 130 kcals , but i'm thinking is this making my weight loss this slow ?
Can someone on SS+ give me some info .
Or is it me just thinking its slow ?
also i have a bloating in my stomach and i know its not down to TOTM ... Anybody out there with some answers ?

I have just lost the first stone and i have been thinking its been very slow . See i'm not really having the 200 kcal meal , i'm eating slices of ham , but to say 130 kcals , but i'm thinking is this making my weight loss this slow ?
also i have a bloating in my stomach and i know its not down to TOTM ... Anybody out there with some answers ?

Hi MsJMC!

Congrats on the losses so far! A stone in a little over 3 weeks is great!

As for your bloated feeling... unfortunately Ham is not on the list of proteins for the SS+ programme. It is higher in carbs, fats and salt than the other protein choices. If you stick with the white pure protein on the list and some veg, it should help to reduce your bloated feeling and hopefully you will see an upturn on your (already fab) loss! :D

Hi spooky
Thank you for replying
so chicken and some fish , here we come .
Goodbye Ham as bloating .... and feeling heavy .
Spooky , how long did it take you to lose 3 and half stone and was you on 3 shakes aday , i have bars also , sometimes 2 aday , sometimes 1 , do you think taht also could be the problem ? see some CDC say its a myth as they have people on two bars aday and still get good loses , some say its 1 bar aday ? what do you think ?
Thanks again !

Can you tell me please, I have 3 sachets and 1 bar a day, am on day 6 now and still getting hunger pangs. Always drink my 4L of water a day maybe a bit more if I can.

Im so tempted to eat something, I had piece of turkey (size of my finger with a lettuce leaf) and that helped. Is that OK?

:(

Hi spooky
Thank you for replying
so chicken and some fish , here we come .
Goodbye Ham as bloating .... and feeling heavy .
Spooky , how long did it take you to lose 3 and half stone and was you on 3 shakes aday , i have bars also , sometimes 2 aday , sometimes 1 , do you think taht also could be the problem ? see some CDC say its a myth as they have people on two bars aday and still get good loses , some say its 1 bar aday ? what do you think ?
Thanks again !

I lost my 3 1/2 stones in 13 weeks :)

I mainly had soups, 2 a day and either a bar or a shake.

As for the bars, they have more carbs in them than the shakes and can upset some carb sensetive people knocking them out of ketosis. Also having more than one can have a rather <ahem> unpleasant side effect! :sick0019::sign0131::sign0131::sign0131:

Best to stick to just one bar a day. :D

Can you tell me please, I have 3 sachets and 1 bar a day, am on day 6 now and still getting hunger pangs. Always drink my 4L of water a day maybe a bit more if I can.

Im so tempted to eat something, I had piece of turkey (size of my finger with a lettuce leaf) and that helped. Is that OK?

:(

Hi there

Having the turkey won't harm you any, but try not to! The alternative that I would suggest is to have 4 sachets a day and drop the bar, just till you stop feeling hungry.
Usually CDC's don't give bars out till the beginning of week 3 till ketosis is established.
The other thing to try is when you feel hungry have a warm drink. Either half a pack (its no problem to split them) or a black tea/coffee. I am assuming that because you are on 4 CD a day you are on SS+?? If so make use of your milk allowance and have a cuppa!:D

I do have skimmed milk in my tea/coffee but not full quota as feel guilty and wanted to do SS and not SS+. My counsellor thought I should have 3 shakes and 1 bar as I found Llife really hard (lost 3 stone by last September) and have put it all back every pound!

She said if really hungry just have protein ie. slice of chicken or turkey but Ive only had a finger portion with lettuce leaf. Is it better to not do that then?

I do have skimmed milk in my tea/coffee but not full quota as feel guilty and wanted to do SS and not SS+. My counsellor thought I should have 3 shakes and 1 bar as I found Llife really hard (lost 3 stone by last September) and have put it all back every pound!

She said if really hungry just have protein ie. slice of chicken or turkey but Ive only had a finger portion with lettuce leaf. Is it better to not do that then?

Always best not to have any extra if you can help it :) its all extra calories, you see... no matter how small.
What happened on LL?? Did you find it tough going?

Well, I lost 3 stone in approx 2.5 months but I was really struggling at the end, just about getting through each day going to bed at 9 to get to tomorrow.

My Llife counsellor wouldnt let me start maintenance until Id lost 3 stone and Id lost 2 st 10lbs and felt comfortable with that. I gave up then and unfortunately put it all back on.

ok thanks spooky for that , my dad has just turned up with a choc indulgence cake , huh have to pass on that its sitting here in front of me , but i'm ok with it , as i want to get to goal ! wow spooky 13 weeks , really hope i can do the same !

Well no cakefor me , went 4 ways , , did look nice but i know i'd rather aim for getting to goal !
Parcel it up in the post , i think the postman might take it for himself lol

Hiya MsJMC,

Congrats on your first stone - thats wonderful no matter how long it took :D

Keep up the good work and stay away from the salty ham (water retention city).

I'm still on track on SS and just finishing my second week:)

Take care

I think 1 stone in three weeks is great. Don't knock it! I have lost 19lb in three weeks on Lipotrim but have started having a meal this week, as I was feeling very ill, so I'm sure I will have gained a few pounds. Am considering changing to CD, on SS+ so I am interested in your story.

You're doing really well Ms! You 'll loose the weight in no time. Well done on resisting the cake.

Lenny , No , i should not knock it , really do want them scales moving , hey second week already , time does go fast really , How are you feeling on CD ?
Lyn Thank you , hows your dieting going are you doing CD ?
Cee Cee , wow 19 in 3 weeks , so you are switching to SS+ , do you have a CDC ? Will it work out the same in price ? Wishing you lots of luck with that !
Becky , yes the cake looked lovely , but another inch on my hips it would'nt, i just think i'm bored abit with the diet but really not wanting to eat , does that make sence ? Becky how are you doing on CD , i must catch up with the posts on everyone !!
Thank you all muchly for your kind words there !

Back