IT's FRIDAY THE 13th - So take care today everyone....

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
Friday the 13th occurs when the thirteenth day of a month falls on Friday, which superstition holds to be a day of bad luck.

In the Gregorian calendar, this day occurs at least once, but at most three times a year.

Any month's 13th day will fall on a Friday if the month starts on a Sunday.

In 2009 this applies to the months of February, March, and November. The next instance of this appears on the calendar for the year 2015.

So keep away from black cats, and don't walk under ladder's today.....

Take care now everyone...

Good thread hun :)

I must be glutton for punishment because I sometimes deliberately book things I know won't be nice for these days (dentist etc) just because I think 'well, if superstition is right I will have a bad day anywway, may as well get it all done in one hit' ;)

I did pull a tarot card this morning (I read them) and got the death card. Did LOL to self but it's not actually necessarily a bad omen - it depends on the cards beside it. I pulled a second card and got the 2 of wands, which in my deck is shown as a cross roads. So I am taking this as the end of a bad spell and start of a new path - and my luck has changed recently (for better).

So, though I will be careful today I am hoping that today if a good day for me :)

xoxox

Unfortunately Donnie hun, its very serious :(
Cant go into exact details but it's to do with the OH's sister's business and certian workers who are now at Harwich docks..... :s

Sorry to hear hun - sending hugs to you. xx

Im off to watch 2012 at the cinema tonight about the end of the world - lol!

Have a great sw day!!! 13 syns maybe? Xxx

Years ago my Dad told me a story about a work colleague of his. This guy was a walking disaster area on Friday 13th - if there was something he could drop, or break, or walk into, he would.

Dad was convinced that this was only because he expected it to happen - a self-fulfilling prophecy. So one Friday 13th everyone in their department managed to convince him that it was really only Thursday. He went for the whole day with no accidents at all - at the end of the day, they told him what day it really was.

Then he tripped over the step at the doorway on his way out!! :rotflmao:

Actually, Wikipedia got it wrong (not you Donnie!) There's a Friday 13th in August 2010.

I'm not superstitous about it at all really! Bad stuff happens to me on plenty of other days.

Years ago my Dad told me a story about a work colleague of his. This guy was a walking disaster area on Friday 13th - if there was something he could drop, or break, or walk into, he would.

Dad was convinced that this was only because he expected it to happen - a self-fulfilling prophecy. So one Friday 13th everyone in their department managed to convince him that it was really only Thursday. He went for the whole day with no accidents at all - at the end of the day, they told him what day it really was.

Then he tripped over the step at the doorway on his way out!! :rotflmao:

LOL......Brilliant, I hope he was alright though.

Back