IT'S GOT TO BE THIS TIME

Mr Creosote

I have found over the last few days since I started LL that I am repeating the Mantra "It's got to be this time".

I'm 44 with 4 young kids. I could quite easily turn round at 54 [probably much heavier than my present weight] and say ' Why on earth have I spent the last 10 years physically and emotionally uncomfortable"

I have tried many diets over the last 15 years. [Atkins, Cambridge, Slimfast, Weight Watchers, Slimming World to name but 5] and none have worked. [Sorry I should say I haven't made them work].

I feel the difference with LL is the weekly group meetings.They are an invaluable source of support. Also at £66 per week it isn't cheap on an average income.

I definately feel I am 'eating in the last chance cafe'.

As I have said.... IT'S GOT TO BE THIS TIME, NO COMPROMISE, NO CHEATING.

Remember 9/10 'cheating' leads to a full blown relapse.

Mantras are good MR C. Say them every day, many times a day.

I did. Mine were: In it to win it; Zero-tolerance! Failure is NOT an option, and like you said, I soon KNEW without a doubt, I was going to succeed.

Power of the mind - its a beautiful thing! Your mantra should be "It WILL be this time" as that is an affirmitave statement! You WILL do it. :)

Good on ya!

Good for you Mr. C

I'm 54.
I don't spend my time looking back and wishing i'd done thisbefore, I coulldn't have. My head wasn't ready.
I just celebrate the fact I now feel more like 34 and am living life the way I want.
Your attitude to this tells me you will succeed. Go on you.xx
You are probably asleep after your night shift.

mantras are good

'it's only food' is mine - its working well for me

100% is the ony way to go

keep up the good work
daisy x

Ooohhh...I never had a mantra...I am gonna adopt a couple from here!
xx

The ones I find I'm saying the most to myself to spur me on and not give in are

''Drink to shrink''

and

''Nothing tastes as good as being skinny will feel''

Ditto Daisy - mine was "it's only food" and also "tomorrow is another day" (for those days when I felt grumpy/stressed/emotionally hungry and this stopped me lapsing a good few times.

Back