It's just falling off! Week 25 - also - knowing when to move to management?

Cerulean

Silver Member
I've updated my blog about the wonderful things I felt today...but I just wanted to say that after two slow weeks, the weight appears to be just slipping away from me...and I feel like a genuinely slim person.

I've found out that someone has started LL because of me - I feel honoured and flattered by that, actually.

I know that it's different for everyone - but maybe - somewhat unexpectedly, it's my time to move to management. I suppose it would be cool to do one more week next week and take it up to the full half year/6 months (I work with accountants so I like things balancing!)

Part of me also wants to do the 200 days - but to be honest - I think I'm ready. I didn't think I would know in this way - really I didn't - but this isn't a begging, pleading voice in my head nagging at me to start management so that I can eat something - it's a quiet, gentle 'I think I'm ready. I know I'm ready - I don't think I truly realise quite how slim I really am'

And, rather than changing the regime as the result of a number, I think I'd like to acknowledge that that adult, reasoning voice is the me I am going to be listening to from now on.

My counsellor is quite hardline about management when you're well inside your healthy BMI, but before she went away she did mention that I might be on management before she came back and I laughed because I knew I was probably not going to hit 24.9 until her first week back. But she was sort of telling me that she knew I was ready, I think.

Sarah - can I ask, the 20.7lb still to go on your tracker, do you expect to lose that in management?
My 33lb to go on my tracker is my end of development goal and I'm hoping to lose a further 14lb in management.
Was interested in your plans!
:D

I've had problems with my goal all the way along as I went straight from being a child to being 'fat' at school and can never remember being 10 st or less. I hope to lose 7lbs in management - may manage more due to my exercise levels - but I think that ex-bullimics have to be very careful in management so I'm erring on the side of caution so I don't trip myself up. To be honest I set that goal under duress from LL (don't tell anyone in case I lose my Minimins Pollyanna reputation, but my rebellious child thinks that the programme is geared towards people who put on 3 stone and who still have their size 10 trousers!) and it was at a point where I was so aorried about sagging skin that I wanted to try to lose as much body fat as possible. I hadn't anticipated feeling so thin and positive about myself at this weight as it was a weight I hated myself at as a teenager. But it suits me as a woman.

I worked out a few weeks ago that for me it isn't about a number. My LLC knows that too.

Thanks Sarah
:D
i know what you mean about the numbers but at the minute I go from feeling so ultra slim to 'yes, but I'm 14st and want to be 10 and a half!'. Absolutely no idea what 10 and a half stone will look or feel like, or if it's anywhere near what I should be. My LLC is not the best at advising on this kind of thing so I'm planning on following your rule of thumb - I'm certain I will 'just know' when I feel right, regardless of the numbers.
:)

Back