It's me, Smithy... I am back...

Hey Hey My Man!! :)

How yer doing!! Nice to hear from you again

Mike

Always great reacquainting with blasts from the past, good to have you back Smithy!
DH is quiet now, but there may still be some folk left who remember you, including mself of course.

Best of luck with your restart, we all know how hard it is second (third, fourth, fifth...) time around.

Don't be a stranger.

JudeX

Hello Smithy hunni welcome back, lovely to hear from you;) good luck with your restart.

hi smithy , im new ish around here, but welcome back and good luck.

Hello! Welcome back! Hope all is well with you, I'm sure you'll storm it though!

D x

hello smithy.
welcome and good luck!!
although doesnt look like you'll need it - you did SO well last time! x

Thank you all for your kind words.

I have been struggling I am afraid. I have been SS on CD for 14 days now and I am sulking like a child that can't have a toy from the toy shop.

I am so fed up. I have committed to 100 days - so I have 86 to go - but try as I might I cannot stop the thought process about how long I have to go. I am stuck in such a negative mindset.

I was obviously heavier than I thought because I have only just registered on my scales and that has so many negative connotations to me. I was so stupid to have put so much back on, so lazy to not do anything about it. I have further to go to my goal.

I know I have done it before. I know that I was a dab hand at encouraging others to take one small step and then take another rather than look to the end game but it just isn't working.

I am not to about give up...but og my gosh, it is doing my head in.

I am up to about 4-5 litres of water a day and would like to get to 5-6 litres as I think that was the level that worked last time...

...oh don't mind me! I am just letting off steam!

Hun - I put all my weight back on too - a back injury was my excuse, and boy, did I milk it!!!

But you CAN do it - I've lost nearly 3 stone in erm...11/12 weeks (I forget, I've lost count) and I know how hard it is but the first time is NOT the golden time - ok?

Dig your heels in and refuse to let yourself get distracted, fella.

You are worth it.

xxxxxxxx

Izzy,

It is always lovely to hear from you :p

Thank you for your lovely words of support. I am doing okay... 3 weeks done today and I have lost 2 st 8 lbs and I am on track to do the 100 days and get to near where I want to be.

I hope that you are all well and I wish you all the strength you need to get through this... but remember... you need to address the reasons why you make unhealthy and counter productive diet choices. I failed to do this last time and ended up back at square one. I think I have found my biggest weakness and it is alarmingly surprising - secret eating. I have discovered that I almost lie to myself and eat on the way to and from work... but eat really badly. At most other times, I eat really very healthilly excepting that I need to deal with portion control.

I hope that you can stay true to this diet and that you find the triggers and the strength to help you avoid the pitfalls when you get to target.

x

I have lost 2 st 8 lbs

Congratulations and well done Smithy!!!

2st 8lb off in three weeks is fantastic:eek::eek::eek:!!!:happy096:

:party0019::talk017::party0019:

Love Mini xxx

Well... good news and not such good news...

I am under 23st and my fat % has dropped below 40%... all good...

...not so good... I am toe to knee in a plaster caste having slipped off the bottom step of my spiral staircase.

I can't even suggest that the reason I slipped was because I was drunk... hey ho.

In all seriousness, this means that I have lots of time off and lots of time on my own to fixate on the plight of being SS...argghh. Every day is like a weekend - long and full of thoughts of how nice it would be to just have a light lunch and a bottle of wine.

I am managing to stick to the diet but I am finding it a lot harder than being at work and being in a a little bit of pain doesn't really help either.

Anyway - there are lots of people with more to complain about than me and I have resolved that I wouldn't have to do this diet if I hadn't been so weak willed, greedy and lazy - so the Catholic in me sees this as my pennance.

I hope you are all well.. and just think carefully before you take that last step of the stairs.

Well... good news and not such good news...

I am under 23st and my fat % has dropped below 40%... all good...

...not so good... I am toe to knee in a plaster caste having slipped off the bottom step of my spiral staircase.

I can't even suggest that the reason I slipped was because I was drunk... hey ho.

In all seriousness, this means that I have lots of time off and lots of time on my own to fixate on the plight of being SS...argghh. Every day is like a weekend - long and full of thoughts of how nice it would be to just have a light lunch and a bottle of wine.

I am managing to stick to the diet but I am finding it a lot harder than being at work and being in a a little bit of pain doesn't really help either.

Anyway - there are lots of people with more to complain about than me and I have resolved that I wouldn't have to do this diet if I hadn't been so weak willed, greedy and lazy - so the Catholic in me sees this as my pennance.

I hope you are all well.. and just think carefully before you take that last step of the stairs.

Awww Smithy!! Ouch!! :sigh:...sorry to just read about your slip up :hug99:

I can see how frustrated you feel by not being able to get around as much and having to sit. Do you like books? Reading for hours.? :D

Im sure there must be a positive in this somewhere for you and the weightloss:confused: Maybe we all can all come up with some ideas for you to help while away the hours?

Take care mate and fantastic losses so far!! Well impressive!!!:eek::eek::D

Lacey..xx :)

erm... well... I have to say that the biggest weight gain has been the spending on my credit card...an Apple TV (fantastic product that works with your PC / Mac and iTunes, books, new mobile phone, Blu-ray DVDs, HD DVDs, games... I am going to have to actually use them rather than just have them. I often buy movies and still have them sealed months later... I am a terrible hoarder.
I am just finding it difficult to concentrate on any one thing and I am finding myself distracted.

ooooooooouch, hope you are feeling ok, well done on your fantastic losses, keep up the great work.xx

Sorry to hear about your accident at least on the up side you know that while you are laid up you won't gain weight due to the diet your on.

How long do you expect to be laid up for?

You could do some upper body exercise with light weights while your watching tv and catching up on all the films you have always wanted to watch but never got around to doing it:rolleyes:

Or you could begin writing your book of your weight loss journey...

Love Mini xxx

awe sorry to hear of the new's, hope your feeling better now, and weldone on your losses.. best of luck xx

Back