it's my 30th - any suggestions/advice?

CAS25

I've mentioned this on a previous thread but I was hoping for some advice from you lovely people.:)

I know many of you will, correctly, think i shouldn't even contemplate the following but i need some suggestions anyway...

It's my 30th on wednesday, which will be my 2nd weigh in. I'm going for a thai meal on thursday, an indian on friday and then an italian on sat!!!!! (Not all for my brithday though!) I was intending on having 2 shakes during the day and then protein only on the evening, perhaps lo-carb on the saturday. I could still go and just have water but i think i've decided to take my foot of the pedal anyway. I know it'll be hard afterwards but i don't want to look back on my 30th with regret - that i didn't enjoy myself! I'm not intending on drinking and fully intend to be back on LT, which i sick to religiously, on sunday.

Any suggestions on what i could have from the menu??? :eek:

I've mentioned this on a previous thread but I was hoping for some advice from you lovely people.:)

I know many of you will, correctly, think i shouldn't even contemplate the following but i need some suggestions anyway...

It's my 30th on wednesday, which will be my 2nd weigh in. I'm going for a thai meal on thursday, an indian on friday and then an italian on sat!!!!! (Not all for my brithday though!) I was intending on having 2 shakes during the day and then protein only on the evening, perhaps lo-carb on the saturday. I could still go and just have water but i think i've decided to take my foot of the pedal anyway. I know it'll be hard afterwards but i don't want to look back on my 30th with regret - that i didn't enjoy myself! I'm not intending on drinking and fully intend to be back on LT, which i sick to religiously, on sunday.

Any suggestions on what i could have from the menu??? :eek:
I am probably not best placed to advise but I think that you ought to consider starting everything after next weekend. You will just be wasting whatever you do this week and as you have only just started go for it and then you could even enjoy a birthday drink or two. Not really knowing what the effect would be but whatever you do on the meal out evenings I would not bother with 2 shakes during those days? Sorry you probably wanted better advice than that but I say start properly next week or pass on all 3 of the meals now that you have started?:sigh:

I know...i do think you're right. O not sure what to do. :confused:

I think you could safely eat food for those 3 days and certainly maintain your weight rather than put any of what you have lost back on!

Like you said, the best thing to do is stay away from carbs. The only problem is, is that most of those food are based on carbs (apart from the meat bit).

Personally - I would go out, eat what i wanted, drank what i wanted, and started afresh on Sunday. You're only 30 once!! lol but that would be very bad and wrong of me. So you're probably best off sticking to your own advice!

If you decide to drink, ensure you are out of ketosis! Its dangerous or fatal to drink in ketosis. If you do eat..IT WILL be harder to get back on to LT! and you could (probably more than likely) gain weight!
Sorry to sling in some truth and bad points... but you are risking the 7lbs you have already lost! the first weeks loss is water and gylcogen and is easily refilled and also added to
your choice... do you need food more than you want to be slim! You could have started LT after these events if they have been planned for a while
Good luck with whatever you choose x
P.S Remember you will have to get back into ketosis again afterwards and will have all the same symptons

Nic is right hun - half a stone is alot to have to lose again. Think about how hard it was to lose it in the first place, nevermind a second time around.

If you get through this weekend whilst sticking to LT you will be so proud of yourself come Monday morning.

Sorry for my first post - i should be more supportive!!

I think you're right - you've swayed me! I'm going to go, join in the fun but just drink water. I really want to reach my goal so i don't think cheating will help.

Thanks so much for your advice!

i would probably just have one of the meals for my birthday- theres no point havving the shakes though if u do!
i did eat one day last week and lost half a pound! i was glad not to gain though!

have a fab birthday x

I hope you have a great birthday and well done on deciding to stick to LT.

You don't have to drink to have fun so just enjoy the company and think how good you'll feel at your next WI.

I have kept away from meals out but I have continued to go out with my friends, we do non eating things like bowling and the cinema where I can sip my water without temptation. It is hard but I just remember why I'm doing this and how stoked I'll feel when I get to target - whenever that may be!!!

Good luck honey and you'll be a skinny minnie by your 31st!

x

Back