Step 1 Sole Source + It's my diary & I'll cry if I want to....

Hi Katie! Hope you are well and thanks for dropping by! Great seeing old friends dropping by!

Well i had an off plan evening not a binge but I did eat a big portion. I'm not going to analyse why but again move on from it although it seems to be a pattern? Once a week off plan? No wonder I lost half a pound this week!

Feeling strangely positive this morning (probably because I've hit rock bottom with the pain and being so fat) there is no further down I can go? I need to decide do I go back to CWP lady or order Sns or try Exante? I do like the CWP products but just not getting the support I thought I'd get from the CWP consulant? Decisions.

I should also mention that my jet set lifestyle of up and down the East Coast is now likely to be standard class on the train coming back to London fro the North as the Virgin trains seem more expensive so that's a real pain! And my London flat landlord as served notice on me as he wants to move into the flat himself so I've had to find another London pad.

Why does eveyting seem to happen at once?! To top it off I have to write my own objectives against our corporate strategic objectives to discuss with my line manager on Friday! Hate this objective setting stuff! It's not as if I make widgets!

Ha, we cross posted.

Are there any other Cambridge consultants in the city?

If you do S&S or Exante, you won't get any support, of course. Though the products are a bit cheaper. But the thing I miss most when I'm not doing Cambridge but some other VLCD is tetras. I can't be bothered to make a shake first thing in the morning, and definitely don't feel like drinking it. And I don't want to take a blender to work - shakers never get the lumps out.

That said, I noticed the other day that LighterLife have introduced ready made shakes to their Lighterlife Fast range at Superdrug. I've ordered some, so will report back on what they're like. Pricey though at 2.99 each.

Oh, and don't get me started on objective setting. My absolutely most hated thing. It's even worse this year cos I've just become a manager... :eek:

Hi Kira,
Also think it may be worth looking for another consultant there must be loads in London. If the person doesn't care I would be opposed to lining her pocket.. X

Hope you girls don't mind if I pop on here too. I'm starting Cambridge again today. Have been on and off it a zillion times in the last 6 months! It's beyond me as to why it's so much harder once you've already done it before. I. Never as good as the first time I try a particular diet. I do know that for me though Cambridge works because if I follow it and don't cheat I will lose the weight. I need something as restrictive as this as I find taking the choices out makes it easier. I do agree that it's nice to get good support from your consultant but at the end of the day the only one who can truly make it succeed is yourself. We've got each other here for support anyway - this is where I'm at but heh, it's day 1 so let's see what I'm thinking and feeling in 5 days time.:)

Hope you girls don't mind if I pop on here too. I'm starting Cambridge again today. Have been on and off it a zillion times in the last 6 months! It's beyond me as to why it's so much harder once you've already done it before. I. Never as good as the first time I try a particular diet. I do know that for me though Cambridge works because if I follow it and don't cheat I will lose the weight. I need something as restrictive as this as I find taking the choices out makes it easier. I do agree that it's nice to get good support from your consultant but at the end of the day the only one who can truly make it succeed is yourself. We've got each other here for support anyway - this is where I'm at but heh, it's day 1 so let's see what I'm thinking and feeling in 5 days time.:)

I'm positive Kira won't mind. :) Thought I'd reply as Kira may not spot this until tomorrow. I need to start my own diary, but I'll borrow Kira's for now. ;)

I'm not sure you should want to hang with us though - we're serial returners, LOL. I don't want to admit when I first did Cambridge (cough... October 2007 cough cough :eek:). That said, we know everything there is to know about it. :D We've seen more new flavours than you can shake a stick at (anyone tried Key Lime shakes??). On the plus side, we're not quitters either. We may take the odd break, but we pick ourselves up and start again, full of hope. I'm going to do it this time. No other diet makes a dent - at least, not for long!

So tell us about you... I'm 45 (eek!), married (with an interesting twist that I'm sure I'll get around to telling you if you stick around :)), and have a 18 year old son who's (probably) going to uni in September to do a BA in Performing Arts. I have a mad Civil Service job that has me bombing around the country on a regular basis. Both Kira and I spend a lot of time on trains...

Welcome MCZ! And of course I don't mind you borrowing my diary lily it's here to be shared!

Mmh? The dilemma of CWP or another vlcd? Like you Lily I like the tetras and I simply add water when I decant in a glass at work or drink straight when on a train. I've got the super drug porridge and shakes the ll ones and some sns. It's the hassle factor of going after work to collect the CWP. I'll see how I feel next week. Did ok yesterday but still feel wobbly.

Pain in wise not significantly better but had chat with my best friend who's is doctor though not GP who had sciatica and she swore by physio and stretches and yoga. So I, going to put all I can into that and see how I go. And of course try and shift the weight which I think will help a little.

Drinks for for someone leaving do tonight so more fizzy water. And I'll have to sort out my objectives ( used to hate setting them when I managed and so glad I don't have to do that anymore!)

have be a great day ladies.

Hi Kira. Looks like we have similar start and goal weights. I start officially tomorrow after being successful a few years ago. Good luck hope you're doing well!

Guess who!!!!!!

Kira how great to see you!!! (But almost not good as that means we are all struggling again!!!)

I too am back and looking at vlcd options. Can't stand the heat already and I fear it will only get worse!

Hope you're ok, Kira xx

Hello!! Feel as if I've stepped back in time?! Circa 2008 first attempt and successful! Would love to repeat my 2012/13 attempt that followed with almost a year of maintenance which kept me around or just over 9st. sigh!

Well i had the most awful train journey from Kx to the north yesterday. I was in a coach which had the rowdiest people in three differnt areas one lot swearing an awful lot. I was sat next to a very large chap so couldn't move and the fa I was bloated from more fizzy water from Thrusday nights leaving drinks I literally thought I was going to explode!

So so glad to be home. Still undecided on whether to stick with CWP or mother vlcd. I may see if I can get another CWP consulant in the city but when I looked last time there was no one close enough. For now I'm just going to enjoy being home.

let me know what you decide to do Nat, lily are you going to do CWP? Do let me know if you are going to have new diaries and where.

Hello!! Feel as if I've stepped back in time?! Circa 2008 first attempt and successful! Would love to repeat my 2012/13 attempt that followed with almost a year of maintenance which kept me around or just over 9st. sigh!

I know - wouldn't that be good? I got down to 12st exactly in 2008. Might sound a lot, but I was in size 14 clothes down from a size 24 and felt amazing. Happy days - how did I let that go??

Well i had the most awful train journey from Kx to the north yesterday. I was in a coach which had the rowdiest people in three differnt areas one lot swearing an awful lot. I was sat next to a very large chap so couldn't move and the fa I was bloated from more fizzy water from Thrusday nights leaving drinks I literally thought I was going to explode!

So so glad to be home. Still undecided on whether to stick with CWP or mother vlcd. I may see if I can get another CWP consulant in the city but when I looked last time there was no one close enough. For now I'm just going to enjoy being home.

let me know what you decide to do Nat, lily are you going to do CWP? Do let me know if you are going to have new diaries and where.

I've had one too many train journeys like that recently - but I only have to be on the train for an hour most of the time. I can't imagine how grim it must be to be squashed in for a couple of hours more!

I've got enough products from various sources to last me a fortnight SS-ing (well, equivalent to SS-ing) so there's no immediate rush to find a CWP consultant (LOL, spell check tried to change "consultant" to "cost sultanas" just then :D). So I'm undecided. I think if I start to struggle (as I did when I first tried VLCD-ing earlier this year) then I'll ring a few up and see who sounds nicest! But if I'm ok alone... Well, we'll see. I'm only on Day 2 - too early to call it.

I've set up a diary here already - I've called it "Bye bye blubber"... :D

Isn't it funny that 2007/08 were the glory years for us? I got down to my lowest weight in years. Felt great. Life was peachy. Since then its been, well, messy on all fronts. I wish I could muster the determination I had then.

Off for a swim now but will check in later on xxx

What is it about 2008????

I don't know - I've been trying to work that out! Whatever it was, here's hoping it's a phenomenon that occurs every seven years! :)

Lol! Seems like 2008 was a good year for us all despite the financial crisis! Mind you I was in the midst of that working for a bank and managed to vlcd!!! Amazing or what?!

Ended up another off plan day today. Just not staying in the groove .... I so want to though. Fresh start tomorrow lets see how I go. I'm determined that somehow I will manage 8 weeks solid on plan .... I just need to keep trying and at it. If it means being a hermit I think I'll have to do it.

Pain in has been more controlled so that a plus.

Weigh in and no loss. That's what happens when one goes off plan even for a day. That said feel a tiny bit lighter. I think I've screwed up my metabolism by the yoyoing on vlcd and low carbing and off plan etc.

that at said im still going to try and stick with in order to maintiain some control. I'm going to try and see the CWP consulant after work today and collect the packs even though it is a pain. I need the convenience of the tetras for now.

That sucks!!! I don't personally buy the "slowed metabolism" things. I actually think it's much more biochemical than that. Perhaps it's like when you drive a car and you switch from petrol to LPG or something. Maybe it takes some adjusting to a new way of eating. One thing is for sure. Eating badly slows everything down I think. 21 days is all it takes to break or make a habbit. Remember that. A mere 3 weeks!!!

That sucks!!! I don't personally buy the "slowed metabolism" things. I actually think it's much more biochemical than that. Perhaps it's like when you drive a car and you switch from petrol to LPG or something. Maybe it takes some adjusting to a new way of eating. One thing is for sure. Eating badly slows everything down I think. 21 days is all it takes to break or make a habbit. Remember that. A mere 3 weeks!!!

Maybe we should all sign up to getting 3 weeks under our belts (which after 3 weeks will need taking down a notch! ;) )

And I agree with Nat - one day off plan isn't the reason for no loss - it's just glycogen and water reload. I don't think your metabolism is horribly screwed up either. You can get this back.

I think you'll find there's underlying weight loss in there. Just a bit of water weight on top and you're doing it now.

Definitely!

Back