its never to late to start again x

out for lunch with hubby today x all syns counted 8.5 in total :D checked the syns before ordering and could have gone lower but treated my self to butter on my corn on the cob :D

used to be treated myself to desert now its a 3,5 syn pat of butter, lol, how times have changed x

been on a spending sprey, Bought a new revolving spice rack for myself for easter, and a carpet for my sons bedroom i am currently turning into a guest room. ( much to his disgust lol) he lives in his own flat and when he goes back to uni next yr is moving in with his girlfriend, so i have reclaimed the space :D
Have a ham hock bubbling away for pea soup for tea, planning to add onion leek and carrot to it To make up the speed portion, i love pea soup :) would normally have it with crusty white bread but have stayed strong and none will be passing my lips ;) or door for that matter.

lots of walking around the shops today too. all in all a positive slimming world day :D

so to meals :

B : 2 hifi light bars and a plum

L : nandos butterfly chicken ( 3 syns) corn on the cob and spicy rice ( 2 syns ) and 3,5 syns for butter

D : pea and ham soup , 2 snack a jacks ( 5 syns) strawberries and yog

S : banana and grapes

probably not the best S food day but still all on plan

yeah for the weekend off x really awful two days in work, just felt tired and sluggish, and irritable. :eek: but i have kept my smile in place, remained calm and finished my 2 days. 2 days to relax now :D

despite massive temptation at work i have stayed with in syns

THURS

B : overnight oats with rasberries xxx banana

L : turkey, rocket, tomatoes and beetroot , muller greek style mango ( 0.5 ) x

D : baked potato, beans and tuna, 30g chedder muller yog x2 rice cakes ( 5.5 )

S : 2 x dairy milk choc ( 5 )

total syns for the day 11 xx

FRI

B : overnight oats with rasberries

L : mushroom , pepper omelette, mixed baby leaves, plum tomatoes.

D : salmoln, new potatoes, cauli and broccli, low low cheese spread warmed as a sauce, muller yog, x 2 rice cakes ( 5 )

S : grapes, banana

total syns for the day : 5

I adore hotcross buns and have avoided all temptation, somebody bought a couple of packets in to work and cream eggs, but i have managed to resist them x That is a huge achievement :D:angel09:

Last edited:
surprisingly busy day today once i got going. Highlight of the day was the arrival of my fit bit :D, all set up goals set and all ready to go

meals for today all on plan

B : greek yog, fat free and raspberries 2 x hifi light bars

L : chicken breast pieces, tomatoes, banana

T : chicken wrapped in bacon with lowlow cheese, lettuce, toms, cucumber, spring onion beetroot, muller yog

S : 2 x rice cakes

hex a, hex b. 9 syns and 1601 calories x

meals all planned for tomorrow all on plan, no easter treats for me this year :)

Hope everybody survived Easter and that naughty little bunny x ;)

I did :D no hot cross buns, no chocolate, and no alcohol. stayed on plan through out, might as well of not been a bank holiday xx

It helped that i worked 2 out of the 4 days . lunch with the family was a success i cooked sw way with no complaints and empty plates all round, did relent and they all had trifle while hubby and myself had lemon meringue. lovely lunch all round. i have realised the trick is to take control and not give people the choice x

Instead of an Easter egg i got a Fitbit, which i am in love with, it counts my steps tells me how many cals i can have ( not really using this but it does reassure me ) it shows me how many i have burned etc. it also allows me to log my fluid intake which encourages me to drink lol( cos my little man needs to turn blue lol )

It tells me how far i walk which is really interesting, if you told me to walk 3 miles i would say i couldn't, but yesterday in work, on what was a relatively quite shift i walked 3 and a half miles with out thinking about it. i beat hubby who deliberately increased his walking. Can't wait to see how it does on a really busy day :eek: i have found my self today walking on the spot when i am stood doing something in order to up the count, but that can only be good :)

Meals for the last couple of days

Sun

B : sausage, scrambled egg, mushrooms and plum tomatoes with baked beans (4.5 syns)

L : roast turkey, roast potatoes,carrots and parsnip, carrot and swede mash, cabbage, and cauliflower. LM red onion and rosemary sausage made up into stuffing, mushy pea gravy
Sw lemon meringue

D : slice cheese and potato pie, 2 satsumas 2 hifi light bars ( hex b )

Mon

B : overnight oats with raspberries

L : cheesy pie with pea shoots and tomatoes, banana and satsuma

T : turkey rogan josh with mange tout, banana 2 caramel rice cakes and a muller yog (5 syns)

house scales have me at a gain, i feel full of water in my legs so could well be, but we shall see . :rolleyes: I have looked back at my food and all seems well, a couple of high syn days a couple of low syn days. no major splurges so should be ok x uncooperative, irritating body aside

sun is out again so all is well in my world :)

been a bit busy the last couple of days x but have managed to remain on track :) planning definitely the key x
quick round up of last 2 days meals

thurs

B : mushroom pepper and tomato omelette, 2 slices of wm toast

L : chicken breast, banana caramel snackajack (2,5 syns)

T : chicken salad, couscous salad, (1.5 syns) yog, fruit and caramel snackajack (2.5 syns)

S : hm hummus (1.5 syns) carrot batons hifi bar (6 syns) total 14 syns

Fri

BR : SW sausage, scrambled eggs, beans, mushrooms, 2 slices wm toast .

L : banana, tangerine, carrot batons

D : rump steak, new pots, salad, couscous with roasted veg (1.5 syns) frozen berries, caramel snackajack, muller cherry yog .

S : 2 choc snackajacks (6 syns) 7.5 syns in total

very very picky this week managing to stay within syns as snackajacks are dealing with my sweet tooth

had a bit of panic attack today :cry: not had one in a while but managing to deal with it xx

work tomorrow , already know it is going to be short staffed so busy, meals are all planned and prep'd and hubby is making singapore noodles for tea. The recipe from the new ready meals. Quite looking forward to it x

Last edited:
think i have lost a post somewhere (again :rolleyes:) sometimes i write them and think i have posted and then click off the page.

I really hate it when it happens x

Any how have stayed on plan if not a little picky at times and have lost another 4.5 lb :happy036::happy036::happy036:

working tomorrow, so meals sorted need to keep recording here as it keeps me on track and focused, i am nervous that a gain will suddenly reappear :eek:

plan for tomorrow

B : overnight oats, banana

L : ham salad, muller yog

T : baked pot, beans and tuna with side salad

he is Patsy. he is 2st 2 lb down s well just another st to go to target. he is hoping to do it by the time we go on holiday the last week in june x

been a bit picky today but have remained within syns

B : overnight oats banana, plum

L : ham +egg salad, grapes

D : baked pot with chilli. 2 snack a jacks (5.5 syns) 3 syns buttery in pot

S : hoola hoop pufts (3.5 syns) syn total 12

day off yesterday, chance to recoup and do some planning for the weekend exceed my day off step goal, once i am doing it every day off i will increase by a thousand .It is pretty low at the moment at 5000 steps / 2 miles . Today looking good cos i am already half way there having done the housework, now to pop to the shops and walk the dog should more than exceed it. between SW, this diary and my fitbit i will be successful this time.
I have continued to keep an eye on my calories and am restricting at approx 2000, on the whole i am a lot lower than that, it allows me to take control so i don't abuse the ' free food '

so yesterdays meals, usual Thursday routine parents for tea :). they are finally getting there head around what i can and can't eat.

B : strawberries and 0% greek yog, hifi light bar

L : homemade celery soup , hifi light bar

D : pork chop x2, new potatoes, 10g buttery (3 syns) cabbage

S : hifi bar (6 syns) total 9 syns

planed meals for today

B : banana

L : celery soup, 2 slices wm toast with laughing cow triangles muller yog

D : sausages, jersey royal potatoes, broccoli and courgettes (9 syns) watermelon

accidentally bought the wrong sausages, they are heck 85% gluten free, have worked them out to be 3 syns each but the are very nice x

will update if i have any thing else. only planning the 9 syns but we shall see .

now this one i must share x we just had the burger in a bowl from the fakeaway cookbook and it was yummy:drool::drool::drool:

made the sauce too and it was great x really hit the i need a burger spot, had it with sweet potato fries, a nice healthy burger meal who new :)

tea changed some what last night and ended up as a walk with the dog and fish and chips :eek: first little unplanned change but went straight back to it today also did a really fast walk to burn some of it off :D well fast for me x :p

meals today

B : overnight oats with raspberries and a banana

L : celery soup, 3 heck sausages, watermelon

D : burger in a bowl, sweet potato fries, choc snack a jack

syns sausage 9
sauce 2
snack a jack 3
total 14 syns

6732 steps/ 2.85 miles, 1641 cals in / 3220 out

Lovely day today spending time with hubby, went for a really nice walk. In a fortnight i have gone from 1/2 mile walks to 2 miles today, think the dog loves me lol :doggy::chores016:

Nice meals today i have really enjoyed them, and i have sorted all tomorrows meals too as i am in work. stayed high on the syns this week but am hoplng that the increased exercise will help.

B : 2 hifi light bars

L : bacon medallions, mushrooms, tomato, scrambled eggs and beans. 2 slices wm bread ( 5 syns )

D : pork chop, new potatoes, stir fried broccoli and courgette mixed berries, 0% greek yog and 2 caramel snackajacks ( 5 syns )

syns for day 10

7284 steps / 3.1 miles, 1617 cals in / 3296 cals out

Last edited:
one of the things i love about slimming world is that i can change direction at the drop of a hat and stay completely on plan :)
very stressful day to day x and tomorrow is shaping up to be worse, i am putting lots of plans in place to protect my self.
my 20 yr old cat , has come to the end of the road and after weeks of indecision we have today taken the decision to finally say goodbye and she is booked into the vets tomorrow afternoon :cry:
i needed real comfort food today and have satisfied that within syns :D after decades of eating my feelings, i am going to have to feel these ones x

B : overnight oats with raspberries and a banana

L : pasta quiche, lambs leaves and plum tomatoes, cherry muller light

D : heck sausage, sw chips, beans and egg 9 syns

S : choc snackajack, caramel snackajack 5 syns

total syns 14

another unfounded water gain last night :cry: 3 lbs in total x haven't let it bother me though. staying on plan worked last time and it will work again.
i will have a low syn, low carb week and drink plenty again in the hope it will do the trick x
Very emotional day yesterday which has left me feeling tired today but planning to do some house work and then some sewing to stop any unfounded nibbles x

meals all planned for the week and shopping completed

meals for today

B : egg and bacon sandwich ( hex b and 2 syns for mayo) chopped plums for speed

L : potato and leek soup ( made with leeks potato celery and onion )

T : chilli ( < 5% mince, toms, onions, redpepper, yellow pepper, mixed beans)

S : banana and melon

no carbs with the chilli :)

the plan is 2 litres of water, and 6,000 steps x I will turn that gain around if its the last thing i do x

just some very simple embroidery patsy its all part of keeping my hands and mind busy to avoid boredom eating, also been doing some art therapy or as my husband calls it colouring in :D. every little bit helps x

work has a horrible way of interrupting my life and this next few days is an example of that, worked yesterday off today working sun and mon then off tues and then back in to work weds !!! its not on :confused:

meals have worked out ok and have really tried with water managing 2 lts most days house scales not being helpful but i know to ignore them :rolleyes:

yesterdays meals

B : overnight oats, banana

L : ham salad with 1/3 packet of savoury rice

D : chicken pilaf from the new med cook book x it was fab :)

S : banana 2 x caramel snack a jacks, toffee muller light , sw banoffe pie :) 5.5 syns in total

7454 steps :)

plans for today are

BR : bacon, mushroom, and tomato omelette, muller yog

D : mushroom onion and cheese stuffed burger in brown roll, with salad and sweet potato and butternut squash wedges

S : watermelon slices and grapes

trying for a syn free day :eek: my sister is home so popping out with her, must avoid alcohol:eek:

planning this evening so no work day fails. resisted fish and chips yesterday !!!!!!

Back