its never to late to start again x

well 1 whole pound off :sigh: i really could have sat and cried i really don't know where i am going wrong, hubby is losing well. he got his club 10 tonight and stone and a half award. But i am over it now and here's to another 100% week :)

I am sure that when the water retention calms down you are going to have a massive loss because your food is spot on. I know that is no comfort though. The only other thing I could suggest is are you eating your syns. The food diaries you have posted seem very low syn and sometimes people who don't have their syns find they don't lose as they are undereating how many calories they actually need (even though slimming world is not about calories) and that can slow your metabolism. When you are over 20 stone consultants sometimes give people more sys to use (I am on 20) so make sure you use yours!

started the day off a bit moody but have made the decision to pull my self together:rolleyes: had to pop to work for a training session and then caught the bus home stopping off in town, i rarely go to town alone, so this is a bit of an achievement in its self. I also noticed walking back from the bus stop that i wasn't as uncomfortable ans walked much faster. they are just little things but they make a big difference in the current circumstances x
Meals today planned and looking 100 % :D

B : 2 slices of wm toast 1 tablespoon low fat peanut butter 4 syns

L : sw sausages, cherry toms, lambs leaves, cucumber, spring onion, beetroot and corn on the cob

D : home made spicy kebabs with rice and veg, broccoli cauliflower and carrots (should have been last nights tea but late when got home so became tonights :eek:) choclate chip snack a jack topped with ff greek yog and mixed berries 3.5 syns

S : ham chicken

snow i have increased syns this week see if it helps also going to try increasing protein intake as the body uses fat and water to digest it got to be worth a try :sigh:

the food diaries i put on her are truthful as i have no need to lie about them as would only be lying to my self. consultant went over all the rules yesterday and i genuinely can't see where it is falling down so it comes back to water retention and boy is it frustrating. ihave decided to give it a month and if nothing has changed then see the gp and have my bloods checked.
I am obsessing slightly, i think xx

facing a fear today, i have work men in, normally i would have somebody here with me but they should be coming on monday not today. some sort of admin error ie gave me one day and the work man another. if i don't let them in it will be another 4 weeks before they can come again :eek: Hate having strangers in the house. hope there not expecting tea i only have coconut milk and sweetner ;)

so planned meals for today

B : 2 wm toast and 1 tbspn peanut butter 4 syns

L : carrot and coriander soup, melon

D : chicken stir fry with special fried noodles

S : ham

using oyster sauce, soy sauce and ginger to make a sauce for the chicken

no syns yet but sure to be some and i will add them in as i use them x

Last edited:
Well done on facing your fear and hoping the upped protein and syns will see a difference next week. I think we will all have moody patches along the way especially when not getting results - really good that you got past it!

total change in meals due to the work men, and hubbys thurs night commitments.
still on plan though so all good x

B: 2 slices of wm toast, 1 tbspn peanut butter (4 syns) clementines x2

L : carrot and coriander soup , pack chicken pieces, banana

D : beef and mushroom and boiled rice ( 8.5 syns )

S : ham, caramel rice cake 2.5 syns total syns for the day 15

bit nervous about having used all my syns but lets see how it goes :eek:

poorly sick today and have had to ditch work :eek: never an easy choice in my job but somethings you just can't go in with.
its my own fault , i have taken ducolax for a little problem and it has resulted in stomach cramps and long periods in the bathroom :eek:
The nurse in me could be quite graphic but i will behave :)

meals on plan yesterday, if not very low syn

B : ham, dairylea light triangles, cherry toms, banana and hi-fi bar ( hexa and half hexb)

L : carrot and coriander soup, muller yog and 2nd hi-fi bar (second half of hexb)

D : chicken stirfry, sw egg fried rice, caramel rice cake, ff greek yog with honey and raspberries a sort of low syn cheesecake ( 3.5 syns)

work days are much easier to stay low syn lol :D

today shaping up just having small meals see how it goes

B : overnight oats, made ready for work this morning. ( hexb)

L : bacon, cherry toms

T : steak, baked pot and salad, dairylea light in potato (hexa)

Hi doll sorry to hear that you aren't well .. hope you feel better. :eek:

feeling much better today like a weight has been lifted of me :rolleyes: i am now off for 7 whole days using up the rest of my annual leave no plans just catching up on things x i treated my self to a steam mop so i am looking forward to having a play with that (sad aren't i :))
It has been a good day today, nice visit to my mums and cards and pressies from my kids. cooking a full roast sw style and have bought a bottle of suger free shandy to have with it :D brunch and a main meal today. Syns mainly built into the meals .Bit heavy on the pork but it is my all time favourite food and its my mothers day treat to myself

Br : bacon, toms, mushrooms, egg, sausage (3 syns) sausages are from the butchers, thin pork sausages he says low fat and none comes out when cooking them so syning them at 1;5 as suggested on syns online .

D : roast pork, roast potatoes, cabbage, broccoli, carrot with honey and ginger mash, stuffing balls, apple sauce and mushy pea gravy home made rice pudding with raspberries 2.5 syns the lot

syns come from cooking the apple to make apple sauce ( just apples water and sweetener ) and 2 tspns of honey in the carrot mash. really nice way of jazzing up carrots got it from the sw book that comes in your pack stuffing balls are lynda McCartney red onion sausages rolled in to a ball so free and the mushy pea gravy is free, not tried this one yet so we will see how it goes

S : banana mid afternoon to push over to tea,not planning any other as dinner will be more than enough.

I have made a cheese pie for lunch tomorrow and am preparing a gammon joint to make campfire stew tomorrow's dinner. and a big pan of country veg broth using a mix of lentils, barley, split peas and beans with carrots leeks onions and celery. doing it in a pan as i want to make a really big batch and use it every day next week i will get a loss if it kills me :eek:.

hope everybody has had a good day xxxxx

Last edited:
not a good day today feeling very down about it all today, my scales are showing yet another gain as they weigh me 2lb less than sw's and last week there was an even bigger difference. i know i know i shouldn't weigh myself and wait till tomorrow but its so hard :eek::eek::eek:

meals all as above, only addition a little binge on rice cakes 12 syns in total :sigh: i know its on plan, with in syns but its the binging aspect that upsets me, i thought that was under control its months since i did anything like that. Hubby is out and now i am sitting here crying feeling very bad about my self :cry:

hoping confessing to myself recognizing the fail will help me move past it x

:bighug: Mandy we are all human and have bingeing days, I ate half a packet or bourbon creams yesterday god knows why, habit most likely, and I know I will be having another gain this week, but one thing I won't be doing is crying about it, I know if I do that I am bound to hit the slippery slope downwards and keep repeating the same thing, so I forgive myself and move on while I'm kicking myself in the backside, you have to do the same sweetie, but you know what you and I have, we have the determination to get up, dust ourselves off and keep on trying, we have weddings to prepare for remember and we can do this, we have and we will so chin up hunni I am just a message away, PM me on facebook if you need to they come through to my mobile which is with me 99% of the time, I am always here with a shoulder hun :hug99: xxx

P.S. Your sons Mothers Day present to you was absolutely hilarious I would have been pleased as punch to get the same thing lol xxxx

ah broadbean I am sorry to hear you are feeling down. I don't think I would ever count something as a binge if I stayed within syns so very well done on staying in syns.

Susie gave me this link a while a go when i was talking about binging so i thought I would pass it on as i did find it helpful http://www.niashanks.com/20-tips-binge-eating/ you obviously have made changes if you've avoided bingeing for so long though.

Fingers crossed that you get a better result on the official scales.

over it today, although can't bring my self to eat. still not feeling a loss but i know i have tried and that makes a difference somehow. the scales are not the whole story, I feel better in myself. I find walking easier and don't have as much pain in my knee. walking up and down the stairs feels easier so i am going to concentrate on these. take each loss no matter how small, and just accept the gains i know are unjustified. eventually something has to give and hopefully it will be a big drop xx

no meal plan for today i genuinely don't want to eat :eek:

Hello lovely, you must eat !! anyways that said I do know how you feel and I'm sure you'll be fine lovely lady, it will sort itself eventually and you have done so well, keep it up hun, we'll get there xxx:hug99:xxx

feeling positive today, its very bad to realise how much power those no's on a scale affect us :eek:
I have lost a st and a half since the 12 of jan:D thats 10 weeks so an average of 2 lb a week

yeah go me xx

off out for lunch, a work thing tried to cancel twice but they know me and have arranged to pick me up :rolleyes: going to wetherspoons and have researched the menu, chicken ceaser salad for me with out dressing 5.5 syns and diet pepsi x

mince hotpot in slowcooker for tea full of speed veggies

I will win this battle with my body xx

nice day today, i have been for a pub lunch, drank slimline tonic and had salad !!!!!! I am a changed person :D

came home and made a pasta sauce, it is basically all the left over veg with tomatoes and chilli cooked in the soup maker and then blended completely speed food :)
have frozen it so when i need a quick tea i will be able to just defrost it and pour it over pasta.

tomorrow will be left over hot pot, for lunch and tea at my mum. Planning to start the walking dvd tomorrow and do the 30 minute walk.

so meals for today

no breakfast cos stressed out about going out :sigh:

L: ceaser salad from wetherspoons 5.5 syns and hexa 3 large glasses of slimline tonic with lemon

D : mince hotpot with carrot,swede,cauliflower,onion, leek and potato, two potato dumplings, fresh fruit salad containing pineapple, melon, kiwi,strawberries,raspberries and blueberries, crushed meringue nest, muller yog, the coconut and lime one

potato dumplings are just adapted cheese scone mix possibly a tweak but as used as part of a meal not counted as one. I put one potato in the hotpot cubed to help thicken it so think it should be ok. I literally mixed a packet of smash with low fat cottage cheese mixed with 3 eggs, shaped into balls, sprayed with canola oil and baked for 20 mins they worked really well :)

all in all a successful day, i feel positive and in control and no matter what my stupid body throws at me i will stay on plan and i WILL eventually lose weight :D

Back