It's not working anymore!!

raachel28

I've been on plan for 10 weeks now. I have lost 16lbs, but still have a hell of a lot more to lose. I've stuck to plan religiously for the past 2 weeks. Last week I had a loss of 0.5 lbs, and I weighed myself this morning (my scales are spot on with the SW ones), and I've gained 2lbs!! I just don't understand what's going wrong!! I've swapped fruit for veg (carrot sticks, cucumber etc) and I've still gained!!

Sorry your having trouble, cant really help much as still quite new to SW, just wanted to say id be over the moon with 16lbs in 10 weeks, good luck :)

Are you having any syns? My weight loss was a bit slow aswell and after looking at my food diary i realised it could be because i was having very little syns. I now have between 5 and 10 syns. Also I was having very little water so i increased my water too. I also ate mainly melon that week and had a loss of 3 pounds x

Hi, yeah I have 10 syns a day, and a pint of water before each meal.

The plan's obviously working because you've had an awesome loss of over a stone, everyone hits this point and it's here you make a few changes to kep your body on its toes. Try changing your Healthy Extras and syns, use them on different things and try some new foods/recipes etc. It will start coming off again I promise you!

ditto Circes also are you having your superfree food with your meals each time if you are on EE.

Weigh in is wednesday. I always have 1/3 if not more superfree x

Weigh in is wednesday. I always have 1/3 if not more superfree x

Well there you go! What you see on the scales bears no relation to what you will see on WI day - that is why you should not sneaky peek!!!

All it does is get you down and you feel like whats the point so I should just eat rubbish if i am going to gain anyway!

Oh I'm not going to eat rubbish, I just don't understand why I seem to be losing less and less every week, and now a poss gain, even though I'm still on plan properly. I don't know whether to try red/green days. They scare me a bit, they seem so complicated compared to extra easy... prob why they named it extra easy then :/

It's a bit hard to tell because of your void week, but it looks like you are more or less alternating between a high loss then a low(er) loss?

Are the low loss weeks tied in with your cycle - either ovulation (usually mid cycle) and just before your period?

Mine is a bit like this, although my average loss is just over 2lbs, I tend to have very erratic weight loss because I gain water twice a month. One week I lost virtually nothing, the next 5 lbs, but I did nothing different.

If you are losing say 1.5lbs a week on average, but gain 2lbs at your period, then you are going to have a bad loss that week.

It's a bit hard to tell because of your void week, but it looks like you are more or less alternating between a high loss then a low(er) loss?

Are the low loss weeks tied in with your cycle - either ovulation (usually mid cycle) and just before your period?

Mine is a bit like this, although my average loss is just over 2lbs, I tend to have very erratic weight loss because I gain water twice a month. One week I lost virtually nothing, the next 5 lbs, but I did nothing different.

If you are losing say 1.5lbs a week on average, but gain 2lbs at your period, then you are going to have a bad loss that week.

The weeks I've been on my period are the gain weeks, both 0.5 each time. I've not really thought about ovulation, but that would tie in with last weeks weigh in I think :/

Sorry the 2nd weigh in was the week before I think :/ I remember feeling bloated that week haha

I had sneaky hop on last week and it showed I'd gained 3lb mid-week but come weigh in I had a lb loss - get off those scales!!!

I've not measured yet. Starting tomorrow x

i used to get so envious of the peeps who lose weight every week and lose pounds and pounds - seemingly easily !

Real life gets in the way sometimes and stress can, apparently, contribute to weight gain or not losing etc - are you under a lot of stress?

Take it as a blip this week (IF) you gain or don't lose - keep on doing what you've done in the past and it will come off - and some weeks it;'ll be a good weight loss and some weeks it'll be hardly anything - but eating healthier and not snacking on rubbish foods will eventually lead you to that slim figure you've always dreamed about.

Good luck for this week.............it'll all be OK.

Hide the scales.

See what WI brings then take a look at what you've been eating and possibly put some variation into it.
A stone in 8 weeks is brill and look at it this way. It's off and staying off. So what if you loss slows down and varies. It's going the right way and it's sustainable.
You should be well chuffed. Don't compare your loss rate to others. We are all different.

When my losses slow down or I gain, I completely change my meal plans, cook things I haven't had in ages, swap my HEX's around a bit instead of having the same ones, try different vegetables and fruit, and that usually sorts it out. There will be weeks where losses aren't as great, it's never an easy journey, I had losses every single week for the first 8 weeks, and then it stopped, STS or gained or had low losses. Shaking up my menu really helps with this.

Back