It's Now Or Never

Thanks Lynne. Last night we tool Rosie dating. I really am not ready at all for another bun, but she was so lonely. She hit it off fabulously with a little boy lionhead, so he came home with us. I blubbed all the way home from Essex as I just miss my little Billy boy so much and to me it feels like this one has muscled in. Obviously he hasn't, and importantly Rosie is accepting him quite well and the bonding is relatively easy (though they are only together for 30 mins or so at a time). Beanie loves him too, and was very excited this morning that the little bun gave him a kiss. Last night he slept in his own bedroom, which is the first time since Billy went to the vets. So that's the important stuff. I'll just focus on bonding those two and I'm sure when he starts cuddling up and playing nicely rather than trying to keep mount her, I'll start to come round.

Weighed in at work again today - lost 2.5lbs, so I'm now at 14.5lbs. I got a recognition award at work on Monday in front of a several hundred strong divisional huddle. Embarrassing, but I appreciate it, it's good for people to see that you achieve. My boss said gave me lots of praise in terms of my development objectives too today. So life a little easier there. Plus a lot of the crap is being moved away from me and into it's proper place over next week, I should have an exciting new project to manage.

Hope you're all well.

Oh and a formal letter agreeing mu homeworking is winging it's way to me. We had to state the day a week I homework, but my current boss is flexible. I mostly change the day around work anyway, so if they become a stickler for it, they lose out as much as me. One less thing to worry about!

Just got home. New bun lying along side cage Rosie is in and also all his toilet business in the toilet. I'm warming to him.

Awhhh glad that Rosie has a new bunny boy and that he is starting to behave himself and get in your good books!

And that work is improving on all fronts, particularly the official homeworking.

Well done on this weeks loss too hun xx

Hiya chica - sorry I've been awol - been at the apartment without wi-fi and then last night I just crashed as I was so knackered, and didn't go round any diaries but my own.

Glad that work has sorted itself out and that you boss is being flexible on actual day at home. The'd be mad not to as it helps them.
It's good that Rosie has a new friend - pets do need a companion. And it sounds as though he is winning you over.
Has he got a name yet?

And last but not least - well done on a loss. Sounds as though things are going well at the moment on the diet front.

Ah thank you girls for your kind messages.

Buns: they were getting on so well I let them spend the night together. All absolutely fine, they seem to adore one another. And the humping has settled right down now. It's more cuddling up and lots of grooming/kisses. So yes, I am feeling much, much better about it all. I dropped them off for their holibobs earlier as I'm flying to France early in the morning. Apparently they are cuddled up on their blanket. They both obviously needed each other so much. I will love him like one of my own soon I am sure. It's weird. Whenever I cleared up Billy and Rosie's bunny poops, cleaned their litter tray etc, it just wasn't a big deal. Like when you have a baby I guess, you just do it and none of it is that obnoxious. Clearing after him feels more like changing the nappy of someone elses child. It's all a bit foreign. He smells different, even the Bairn said he had an outside rabbit smell. We had our two from 8 weeks, so babies really. He's kind of come in as say a 10 year old. So I guess all that will just come with time.

Work: yes a big relief all round there. I now have my signed approval letter. Have to do it all again in 6 months, but now we know what the process is. By then, if they kick off, I will be in a better position to look elsewhere anyway. I am passively keeping an eye on JLP, would be a great move for me. But JS are starting to recognise that I have ability and are pushing me, which feels nicer. I feel more appreciated.

Diet: not fab, but I'm not overeating which helps.

I'm off to France in the morning then to visit my friend. Right now I am child and bun free. Feels strange. Got to be up at 4 though. Have a shower, throw some bits in a suitcase and get cracking.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend xxx

Evening chica. Hope the visit to France isn't too stressful as I take it that you are visiting your friend who sadly lost he daughter?
Enjoy yourself if you can.

Yes, that's the one. She seems to be in a phase at the moment of trying to get on and do things. So that will make life easier. Will still be so very sad though. I am looking forward to seeing her though. Albeit I am missing my wee boy so much already! Thanks Pom :)

I hope your time with your friend goes well. Supportive thought coming at both of you from me, even if you don't get a chance to see this until you are back.

Know what you mean about new boy bun feeling 'non family' but I do hope he will soon. Sounds like Rosie has accepted him completely, and hopefully her love for him will rub off on you. It's a common feeling, when we had a whole lot of cats die at once I could never fully love and accept the next homeless one that made our home his. Not his fault at all, but I've not even got a photo of that one.

Bon voyage X

Morning all!!
Time seems to have flown these past few weeks. I missed a couple of weigh ins too, but went back on Tuesday with a 3.5lb gain. I'm actually fine with that, as to be honest I haven't been good at all. France was a bit of a catalyst for naught habits creeping back in. That is just excuses though isn't it? Have had a good couple of days though - I am aiming for 5 off this week- which shift my gain and get me to 16-7.

It's really just been mad as there have been end of school activities - the bairn has now left junior school!! Now the summer holidays. I have a week or so off from Aug 11th, so we're looking at going camping for 4 nights, then just some days out.
New bun nicely settled in now. Though he will sometimes sit out in the kitchen in the evening so I have to bring him into the front room with us. He loves fuss, although Rosie is being her usual jealous self. I am being strong with her when she gets shirty though, so hopefully that will improve. They seem very happy together, not as close as Billy and Rosie were, but still get on very well. It turned out to be the miracle bonding. Only took 2 days before they were inseparable - normally you're looking at a couple of months on average. So things have all settled down there.
France was hard, but not as bad as I thought. There are huge pics of Maddie everywhere, I really liked that. She's not there obviously, but she was also everywhere - not just in pics either.

So today it's my day off and we are heading to Hyde Park to meet friends and their children. Really looking forward to it. Need to take a boot full of stuff to the charity shop first though.

Oh and the bairn did hurdles for the first time last night. He seemed to take to it really well, and developed a rhythm almost immediately. I moved him to a new coach as his old one just had no discipline. The result being bairn just pissed around all the time - it was becoming pointless. Only been with the new guy for a couple of weeks, but so far he seems 100% better than the previous chap. Characters like my son need to be occupied and kept a on a firm reign.

Anyhoo, no idea what food will be today as we will eat out. I will go for the nearest to SW option I can find though - something salady maybe.

Hope you are all well. It took me 10 mins to find my diary using this phone browser, but I will see if I can find all of yours now. Bear with me though.

Thank you Lynne. Yes, all good, just seems to be ever manic. Hyde Park was lovely, we even went on the pedalos lol. Food wasn't great that day. But I've been bang on every other day. Fingers crossed for the big 'back on it' loss.
My sister is doing SW too now, and we're about the same weight. So a little bit of competition there for us. :). Weigh in day tomorrow, so I shall soon see how I've got on.

Thank you Lynne. Yes, all good, just seems to be ever manic. Hyde Park was lovely, we even went on the pedalos lol. Food wasn't great that day. But I've been bang on every other day. Fingers crossed for the big 'back on it' loss.
My sister is doing SW too now, and we're about the same weight. So a little bit of competition there for us. :). Weigh in day tomorrow, so I shall soon see how I've got on.

Good luck for WI, and yes good to have some sibling comprtition

I love Hyde Park and the knackering pedaloes!

Evening chica - good to hear from you again.
The last few weeks have been manic for me too (lots of bedding washing, ironing and tur-rounds on the apartments).
With another few manic weeks to come as well :(

Good luck for WI - fingers crossed it will be a gud 'un.

4.5 off, missed it by half a pound! Lol. Ah well. 15.5lbs in total. Good start. :)
Yayyyyyyy - great loss Pinkie.

But, as I'm losing the plot, what exactly did you miss by half a pound?

Last edited:
4.5 off all in one week? Go you!!!

Back