It's Now Or Never

Thinking of you.

Gail x

Thanks Gail and Jules. She's still in there fighting. Saw her this evening. Still sedated and hooked up to every machine possible. But they're hoping to start stepping it down tomorrow: her 86th birthday.

My food today has been fine, however I had 2 pints of cider when I got back from the hospital. Hmm, don't even want to think about the syns in that. Oh well. Off for a run once I've dropped the bairn at school. So relieved I'm homeworking tomorrow; I'm shattered!

Last edited:
I'm so pleased. Have all my fingers crossed for you. Happy Birthday to your Nan for tomorrow. Hope she has a comfortable day. She's in the right place.

Well done on continuing to run - I'm soooo impressed. Haven't been out since I limped round the 10k - :eek: !

Gail x

That's great. Something to aim for :)

Pinkie1973 said:
The guys at work want me to join them on their Friday lunchtime run. I've said I will once I get up to 30 mins. Bit scared though. They are both in their 50s and will prob run rings around me. The shame!

Good on u hun. I have'nt even thought of exercise - although I do go line dancing. I've been doing that for years so I don't think it really counts as I think I'm used to it.

Hugs

XxJulesxX

Awe don't say that. It's a big thing to start running. You'll do it when your ready and if it's the excercise you really want to do. I'd be nervous of a few black eyes LMAO. Xxxx Happy Birthday to you Nan

Hugs

XxJulesxX

Last edited:
Not crap at all. Just normal. Please don't think badly of yourself. I haven't done anything at all recently so you're waaaaay ahead of me.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

I didn't go! I'm Crap. :-(

If you are crap, what does that make me, I haven't been for a run for nearly 2 weeks!!! One day isn't going to harm you!

Happy Birthday to your Nan :birthday: xxx

Yeah well.... I have loads of cigarettes too, which is really what's annoyed me. Ho hum. Food has been fine though.

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs, with frylighted mushrooms.

Lunch:
Roasted veg and lentil soup.

Snack:
Satsuma

Tea:
Roasted veg and lentil soup with ham. (I made a massive batch this morning, my son had a friend over after school and they both loved it. Butternut squash, onions, celery, courgettes, red and Orange peppers plus half a bag of lentils with veg stock cubes and about 3 pints of water added. I cook it without the meat so I have different options when I reheat it.).
Banana ice cream for pud (soya milk - HEa, and a banana - 4 syns).

Am stuffed now.

Am homeworking tomorrow now, so will try get that run in then.

Nan came off sedation this morning but not come round as yet. :-/

Hey Pinkie. As you've said to me when I've been fagging it in the past, don't worry about those ciggies, it's a really stressful time. I think you're doing really well particularly with food. Glad you made yummy food, will have to try that soup. Still got my fingers crossed for your nan xxxx

Yes it was lovely and creamy. Have binned the last few fags. I'm disappointed with myself as I've worked so hard in the past to stop. And there is no such thing as one or two with me. Grrrrr.

Must try and get that run in tomorrow with my tar filled lungs. Can't wait to get to 30 mins now. :)

Awe. Glad your Nan is off the sedation. she will start coming around now. Amazing how you found the time to make that lovely food. Stay strong Hun.

Hugs

XxJulesxX

julesm said:
Good luck with your run. I also bailed on a run yesterday. Hope you're ok xxxx

I've been bailing on runs for weeks.......:( !!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Well done on your run, not sure when my lazy ass is gonna get into gear again, prob not this bh weekend, unless I get bored of bf's company!!!

Hope your nan is ok today xxx

Food for today....

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yoghurt.

Snack:
Apple, piece of cheese (HEa).

Tea with bairn:
SW potato wedges with baked beans (no superfree, slap my wrists!)

Am just working out my food shop for tomorrow. Have half term off with bairn, and am planning lots of days out, so need packed lunches I can eat easily. Don't fancy salad everyday so trying to come up with ideas. I know he'll fancy pasta one day, so that is easily SWable, but gotta think of some more.

But, I'm excited about the days out and activities. They include:

* day at Brands on Monday for Historic Masters festival.

* Hatfield House for the Henry Moore exhib in the gardens

* Take bikes up to London and cycling through Hyde Park etc

* Bike ride down by the Medway riverside

* British Museum for the Afghanistan exhib (I've already been, but he wants to see it and see more of the Roman and Egyptian stuff)

* Swimming

* Dog walking (parent's greyhound)

So should be enough to keep us occupied. And provided I do packups for the trips should be fairly cheap (I already have my season ticket for the travel, and it only costs a quid for him). Weeks like this are what I live for! :)

Oh and my Nan still hasn't woken. But I was there for about two hours this morning and she was really trying. Kept opening her eyes, but just not for long enough so they could take various tubes out. She kept trying to pull the tube in her mouth out though. Quite typical of my stubborn Nan, won't do as she's told! Tomorrow is another day. Wake up Nan! x

Back