It's Now Or Never

Ooh that sounds dead fun! What a great week ahead. Pasta salad sounds really yummy. You could do potato salad, cous cous, some wholemeal Sarnies (loads of ideas for fillings in this months mag), jacket potatoes with fillings, crudités with dips... Can't think of any others at the mo! Will let u know if I do xxxxx

Sorry Pinkie only saw your post about your nan after I wrote! That's great that she's showing signs of recovery! I hope she wakes up properly tomorrow xxxx

Well a good night's sleep but have woken feeling completely lethargic. Feel a bit sick and very cold. Really wanted to have a good 'get things done' sort of day but it doesn't feel like that may happen. The fence is screaming at me to paint it, but its too cold out. So common sense says do some housework indoors. Maybe I will. I can't even be bothered to eat breakfast and certainly can't be bothered to do the food shopping. That could wait till tomorrow but I usually like to get it out if the way while the bairn is at his Dad's.
However, a couple of NSVs. My Dad yesterday told me it looked like I'd lost weight. Quite a few people have made this observation lately which is lovely (inc my mate at work, who said he didn't recognise me from behind). But coming from my Dad (the man who told me off for eating a biscuit when I was 7 months pregnant, as I was putting on weight! - I lost a stone and a half when pregnant, completely unintentionally too, how cool is that!) - coming from him that was a real compliment. This is the guy who doesn't notice when you've had your hair cut short etc, its just the way he is, no malice in it.
Also, I found more old clothes that I'm getting back into, and more current stuff that is getting too big. This running malarkey is really making it come off my hips. I tried on a couple of G cup bras I found that still had the labels on, but I'm nowhere near them yet. But I'm sure I must be at an HH now, which is still down from JJ. It will be so nice to have more choice in bras, and hopefully tops too. My chest makes it all very limiting. Have to always buy tops and dresses made with stretchy material.
Jeez, listen to me, moan moan moan lol
I wish the bike racing were on today. I could just sit and watch that right now. I shall have to be content with the football play offs.

* edit * Oh and my belt is on the last hole this morning!

Last edited:
Have a great day Pinkie! We have our woodstove lit and I am going to snuggle in and watch csi or something, not cricket!! Lol

Hiya pinkie.

How's your Nan doing? Hope your enjoying your snuggly day.

Hugs

XxJulesxX

It was lovely to have a fire for a change! We have had no sun for a few days so needed to heat some water. ( solar water) one armfull of logs, one full cylinder of hot water and one warm lounge. And yes, I fell asleep! Lovely!

Food for today:

Breakfast (at 1pm!):
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yoghurt.

Snack:
Apple. Extra strong mint (0.5 syns).

Tea:
Loads of sliced frylighted mushrooms, with 4 scrambled eggs.
28g Cheddar cheese (HEa)
Shape zero yoghurt and an apple and satsuma.

Last edited:
It looks like you have been making some really excellent progress with your weightloss! Yay for the last hole in the beltloop, and yay for smaller bra cup sizes! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It also sounds like you will be occupied enough next week that food shouldn't tempt you too terribly. :) My mom has been saying "The busier I am, the less I eat." I find that true of me; it's probably true of most folks. :)

I hope your nan recovers properly, that must abe rather worrisome! Will keep her in my prayers. :heartpump:

Finally got off my bum and did the shopping. I treated myself to a box of the mini Green and Blacks! I got the dark Choc one, and each little chocolate works out 4 syns a piece and is now in my syn tyn with a pack of alpen lights. I don't often fancy choc, but I do like theirs and I'm quite partial to the dark one. That said I had one of the two milk chocs in the pack.

I also have a nicorette patch on in a bid to stop the ciggie cravings.

Weather has finally improved so I'm gonna do a spot of gardening whilst the lovely cricketers are rained off.

Mmm Green and Blacks! May have to check those out, 4 syns isn't bad at all.

Well done on the Nicorettes, I've been listening to Paul McKenna Quit Smoking CDs that my bf downloaded for me, haven't had a ciggie in over a month and haven't really felt tempted on nights out which is the only times I really used to smoke anyway...

Have fun gardening! Hope the rain stops so you can enjoy the crick! xxxx

Quick food update as I think I'm in danger of losing track otherwise. Will update later with the rest.

Breakfast:
Latte with soya milk (half HEa).
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), natural low fat yoghurt.

Apple. 1 green and blacks Choc (4 syns)

Lunch:
6 rashers of grilled back Bacon, 2 slices of wholemeal bread (8 syns), 1 tomato, 4 laughing cow extra light (rest of HEa plus 1 syn) - done up as a sandwich, lovely!
Couple of sweeties Steven gave me (1 syn say)
3 clementines.

14 syns and healthy extras gone so far.

Plan is for some minced beef onion, with potatoes and veg for tea, which is all free.

No more syns today in case I underestimated the syns for the little sweeties.

Phew, feel back in control now. Have been a demon in the garden, but back I go!

Well done you for keeping on track and not letting yourself go mad on the syns! And well done for the not smoking too, have never been a smoker, but can imagine how difficult it would be to give up.

Hope your Nan is a bit better today xxx

Back