It's Now Or Never

Now ready for bed - after 1 or 2 (or more) glasees of wine. So in approx. same state as you. CU tomorrow fellow drunbkjards. . . .

Gah, just written a long reply on phone and pressed back button twice and lost the lot. In summary... Yesterday good, much needed for both me and my sister food not too bad but had 5 pints of cider altogether. Bought two Jasper Conran tops which should hopefully last through the next phase of weight loss.

Glad you girls all had a good day too though :)

Food for today....

Breakfast:
Nada

Cup of tea at hospital (part of HEa)

Lunch:
Loads of roast chicken, roast spuds, loads of brocolli, kale and carrots, gravy (1 syn).

Snack:
Mixed fruit, low fat natural yoghurt.
Satsuma.

Not sure about dinner, due to my excessive weekend I might just stick to fruit though, don't feel like eating much though. Maybe an alpen light as part of HEb.

So hospital... My Nan was moved to the high dependency unit today, and has started physiotherapy. I had a nice chat with her and she seems more like my Nan again (though she is having a few hallucinations lol - we think it might be the morphine maybe).

So a nice day. I'm gonna have a nice soak in the bath and an early night later. Alcofrol doesn't suit me! :) Yawn.......

Hi Pinkie! Great news about your nan, and the shopping!! Lol, glad you had fun on the booze,makes me feel less bad about my boozy night out!xxxx

Thanks girls. She actually doesn't have a clue what has happened over the past week or so. But she's making great progress right now so that's all I care about at the moment.

Sounds like there must have been something in the air this weekend - everyone seems to have been on the sauce.

Anyway, bairn's bath is done and The Hobbit beckons. I will try and catch up with all your diaries later.

Oh, decorator came earlier, I'm getting the kitchen done Thurs/Fri. Am soooo excited! Handy as we can reuse a lot of the white emulsion, gloss and wood paint left over from previous rooms, I've already bought the kitchen paint, and he's only charging £120 labour, which is pretty good. Having spent months looking at my tester patches and never getting it done, it'll be a relief to finally see it finished. Then just for the finishing touches. Squeee!

Bought two Jasper Conran tops which should hopefully last through the next phase of weight loss.
Yay - sounds very glam

Sounds like there must have been something in the air this weekend - everyone seems to have been on the sauce.
Definitely something in the air! I've not had a proper drink in weeks but after my stressful week just had to go for it.

So hospital... My Nan was moved to the high dependency unit today, and has started physiotherapy. I had a nice chat with her and she seems more like my Nan again (though she is having a few hallucinations lol - we think it might be the morphine maybe).
Glad you nan is getting better. It probably is the morphine causing the halucinationms. When I was in hospital in '91 they gave me morphine for pain and to try and zonk me out as I kept throwing up from the anaestetic and ripped out all the staples in my stomach (very painful). Anyway, the point is it didn't zonk me out but gave me SERIOIUS hallucinations and I felt I was looking at myself from the ceiling. Horrid!

So forgive your nan and keep talking to her. Mine has been dead now for over 37 years and I still miss talking to her.

Afternoon Pinkie

Just checking in that your ok? No post on here since yesterday!! I always check yours, Mavericks and Ellebears diaries everyday and not post from you Chica (quote you).

Hope all's well with you, bairn and your nan my love.

xxxxxxxxxx :D

Hi girls - thanks for your words, its nice to know someone misses me! lol I've had two bad days diet etc wise, best not talk about it - no reason, I just went into destructive mode.

Oh, I put on 1/2lb on Monday's weigh in. To be expected given my frivolities last week, but also of my 4 week cycle, that week is always my slow/small one. Have been incredibly pre-menstrual too, really shouted at the bairn (though he was pissing about, but I completely over-reacted).

Ah well, onwards and downwards ;-)

I've planned my food for today, and intend to stick to it. I have also decided, that for the rest of the week, I am going to be a little tougher on myself, and just have 5 syns per day. This is with the exception of Saturday, when I will have a curry (pilau and rogan, comes to about 8.5 syns) as one of my nephews is staying the night, and I did promise him and Steven curry next time he stops over. Other than that though, I'm imposing a 5 syn maximum, really to try and make up for the past few days, of which we will never speak again.

So today's planned food is:

Breakfast:
mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), low fat yoghurt.

Snack:
banana milkshake (HEa plus 4 syns). Apple/satsumas if still feel snacky.

Tea:
Lentil and bacon soup.
Fruit and yoghurt to snack.
Nibble on carrot sticks if still peckish.

I did a 3 mile run today, 28 mins - eek! I dragged myself around the riverside, but I did do it. I am considering going with the guys at work on Friday, but they run for longer/further and I am worried about running in the heat of the day. I may take my stuff in though and just see what I can do. Even half a mile is better than nothing eh?

I am hoping to see my Nan later, and for the first time take the bairn too. She has been downgraded again to a regular ward (though she is in a little room by herself) which is fantastic news, it sounds as if she's going from strength to strength. I am so pleased. Hallucinations still going strong bless her. I knew this wasn't her time - she might be 86, but she's got a few years left in her yet.

Anyway, I am very conscious that I have not caught up on anyone's diaries for a few days. Am working at home today, and have loads to do before a conference call later. But now the PC is on, hopefully I can sneak up later and read/reply much quicker than on my phone. It is kitchen clear out day today too - got to sort that lot out and drop the keys across town for the painter. Hurrah! By the time I get home Friday, it will be done. I just need to look for a particular type of shelving unit (which I'll happily paint up) to go in the corner, for all my dining bits and bobs.

Last edited:
Hey you! Sorry about that gain, but it is tiny and I bet it's cyclical weight and will all come off next week!
Also, well done you for even considering running with your workmates during the day. That's awesome! xx

Hey Pinkie

Glad you've "checked in" and all ok, super duper news on your Nan.

Was just worried as you normally post everyday but all's good in the Pinkie household so that's good enough for me - well apart from your little gain - but don't let that get you down, 0.5lb is nowt, it's just a good wee!

Have a good week lovely xxxxxxxxxxxx :D

Hi Pinkie - glad to see you back and also really please your nan is still improving. Give her a hug from me.

Re syns - don't be too hard on yourself. I know the guidelines say 5-15 but you do need them to keep things in balance. 5 per day sounds a bit low to me - 10 is a much better number - which saves you 5 a day for that curry (and the odd tipple) at the weekend!
Last week is over so don't try too hard to claw it back or else you'll be miserable and may be tempted to go off plan.

Have a good week hun.

Hi Pinkie,

Sorry to hear about your bad days but they happen. And possibly always will (I'm pretty certain they always will for me), so you have to learn to put them behind you and move on. Re: syns - I am in the Pommette camp on this one. I find that when I have had a bad day/bad days if I try to cut back, I feel deprived (and when I am feeling a bit negative anyway, I need the 'comfort') so I am much more likely to go off plan. So I tend to just get back to what I do normally and if that means using all 15 syns, then do. But do what works for you.

Well done on the running - you should be very proud. I have done nothing since I dragged myself round the 10km so you are making me feel very guilty. Keep it up !

Glad you're back here. You were missed !

Gail x

+.5 isn't too terrible, and it looks like you've hopped back on the wagon pretty quickly. Glad you're okay! :)

3 miles in 28 minutes?? I find that to be pretty impressive actually, last time I was on a treadmill it took me 10 minutes to run a mile!! Go you! :D

Running with the guys sounds like an excellent challenge... especially if any of them are single ;)

Very glad about your nan doing better :) . Good luck!

Aw guys, you are all so lovely - mwah! xxx

Well just got back from the hospital, my god some of my Nan's story make me laugh. This is where she's telling us about her 'dreams'. She was convinced that they all get taken outside for a hosedown. Lol Anyway, she was joking with us and I think beginning to realise how bad it all was.

Have stuck to my plan today though some of it was in a different order. I am happy enough with the 5 syns, but may allow some free food treats if I get peckish. If it were earlier now I'd consider some wedges, but I have loads to do tonight (sort kitchen, piles of ironing, make tomorrow's lunches) so maybe a yoghurt or another carrot later. I feel 'slimmer' already however, I think it just helps that I'm not full if rubbish. I don't have any synnable treats in the house anyway. They were demolished during the 'dark data's lol

Will hopefully catch up on rest of your diaries before bed. Lunch prep, tidying and ironing beckon. Huzzah!

** edit. I did indeed have some free snacks. Scrambled egg (2 eggs) and 6 thin slices of lean ham. Was lovely. I did have a satsuma too. Am chugging back water now. Not feeling quite so trim now lol

Last edited:
Busy old day at work. And tomorrow I am going to join the boys for a run! They are used to doing longer runs, so I will be an encumbrance, but they are being incredibly supportive and encouraging. We'll see. If you hear of a woman collapsing into the Thames tomorrow, then it could well be me. Assuming I make it that far of course!

Anyhoo, food for today....

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb) and low fat yoghurt.

Lunch:
I was a bit piggy here....
Jacket potato with baked beans.
Salad with humous (5 syns), beetroot, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and half a can of mixed pulses.
Shape zero yoghurt.
All good and healthy, but I felt hungry.

Dinner tonight:
Hmm really not sure right now. Maybe a cheese and ham omlette? Or lentil soup with sliced quorn sausages. Ooh, maybe sliced quorn sausage with spinach, tomatoes and rice....

Hope you're all well xx

Back